Hi guys;

Possibly a stupid question;

I'm learning to run and see a few programs for my PB that voice coach you in terms of running, then walking and gradually increasing the running time within your workout.

Question is: The PB is relatively big and heavy. How are people strapping it to themselves or storing it, so it's not bouncing around while running? Suggestions appreciated.

Tried on BB app for my 9000, but it was e.
    08-31-12 11:45 AM
    Maybe on a treadmill it would work... I don't see how anyone would want to job in a park with a PB strapped...
    08-31-12 12:05 PM
    First you'll need a harmonica holder.............

Seriously...maybe just attach to treadmill somehow.
    08-31-12 03:47 PM
    I did take my PB on a 5K once, but it was for the camera. I carried it in my hands the whole time.

Have you tried the Endomondo app for BB? It's good, but not sure if it has everything you were describing. I mainly use it to show how many calories I've burned. I try to burn the equivalent of 1 beer on my walk to get a 12-pack. What? It's sort of a workout
    08-31-12 04:17 PM
    I'm a long time runner and marathoner and can't imagine even attempting to bring a pb with me. I used an iPod in an armband and that was it. A pb would weigh you down, strapping it to yourself would almost certainly cause chafing, and the probability of dropping it is great. I would definitely look for an alternative. Love my pb but not for running. Good luck!
    08-31-12 04:34 PM
    I use Endomondo on my 9800. When on my bike, it's in my shirt pocket or a fanny pack. When walking (knees won't tolerate running), I use an armband, fanny pack, or pocket in my shorts.

I can't imagine taking my PB with me.
    08-31-12 06:35 PM
    Third vote for Endomondo. Its a fantastic application.

PM me if you get it would be good to add a few endomondo 'friends'
    08-31-12 08:14 PM
    I use Endomondo too with my 9800. There are some mp3's for a couch to 5k at c25k.com. I used something similar when I was getting into running. Podrunner is a good place if you're looking for some music that will set a pace for you to run to.

PB seems way to bulky to run with.
    08-31-12 08:16 PM
    ditto on the endomomdo for my 9800. can't imagine running without it. no way would I run with my playbook though - and the endomondo playbook version is one step short of garbage. let's hope they'll have a good bb10 version.
    09-01-12 09:17 PM
    I did actually think about stuffing it into my camelpak backpack pocket one time for a run - I can't think why, but at the time it seemed like a good idea. it didn't fit as the pocket was too small, which in retrospect was probably a good thing. so, I suppose you could try that.
    saudadeii likes this.
    09-01-12 09:20 PM
    I can't think why, but at the time it seemed like a good idea.
    If I had a nickel for all the times I said that!!
    igrrl likes this.
    09-01-12 10:31 PM
    I run 20km a week, I don't take anything with me as it is difficult on your balance if you are holding items in your hand. Even a watch can throw one side off balance after 5k and cause a shoulder cramp. That being said,

It is very easy to run.
    Get correct shoes or you will have various sores/pain.

Set a goal for your self, and carry a stop watch.

Other than that you shouldn't need any gadgets, I used to use the nike+ running app it was fun on my iphone. But after a while it was pointless, if you run alot like I do your pace becomes something you are familiar with.

Visit some good running websites, this isn't one of them.

And good luck and have fun!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-12 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD