After the 1.0.7.2942 update I noticed that the Playbook web browser did'nt shutdown automatically. I feel Rim has fixed this problem with the latest update. Please confirm this, is your browser alright after the update or does it still shutdown.
    08-25-11 06:10 AM
    Since yesterday I am browsing without flaw. Thus ending the only one complain I had with Playbook.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 07:35 AM
    Since yesterday I am browsing without flaw. Thus ending the only one complain I had with Playbook.
    Thanks for confirming this, I felt the same way, so I think it was a good move to say good bye to the Android App Player and yes to version 1.0.7.2942
    08-25-11 07:44 AM
    It also fixed a problem with the message viewer jumping to the top of the email while it was still loading images. It was kind of annoying when I just wanted to quickly scan the text to have to scroll back down because of this constant reset.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 09:30 AM
    Without changing my settings on my playbook i was able to browse for 45 minutes without the page load stalling and having to disable and enable my wifi..

It may just be coincidence though.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 09:43 AM
    Without changing my settings on my playbook i was able to browse for 45 minutes without the page load stalling and having to disable and enable my wifi..

It may just be coincidence though.
    Well I browsed for about 6hrs non stop, The browser did'nt hang or shutdown even once. I guess RIM finally fixed this one. The browser used to shutdown while viewing flash content, not anymore watched Cowboys vs Aliens online without any trouble.
    08-25-11 04:07 PM
    it also fixed an issue i had with the original youtube page. before the update it would be difficult and irritating changing the settings to up the quality of the video or make it full screen because the settings bar originally hides. only when you put your finger where its suppose to be will it come back up. even than when you try and change the video to 1080p or any other resolution you risk hitting the timeline of the video, it was really irritating having to try and jump back to which part in the video you left off... anyways, after the update i noticed the bar doesn't hide unless you bring it to fullscreen. im happy
    batboris and LimeTripBlog like this.
    08-25-11 04:30 PM
    Didn't work here. Browser just shut down! Ugh
    08-25-11 04:44 PM
    Not sure what OS came out of the box but ever since I started upgrading the Browser has been either slow or drags, it loads half way and stalls. I have to Refresh or Close it.

The Bridge Browser is even worst. Not really an issue because Videos is the number one reason why I use Tablets.
    08-25-11 05:00 PM
    The update has worked great for me so far using apps ofer bridge is great however with the new update the android app player no longer works. I am going to reinstall it after work tonight.
    anon(2692400) likes this.
    08-25-11 05:34 PM
    My browser crashed about 5 minutes after updating the other morning. After another restart it hasn't happened since. Some of my other problems were fixed too.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 07:26 PM
    I had it crash on me today.
    08-25-11 07:32 PM
    After the update I had crash as well. It happen when on flash heavy websites - was watching streaming movies with two or three tabs opened.

Another crash I had was with ~20 opened tabs. Actually it worked quite well for hour or so, but all tabs was from blogs and forums. Few minutes after navigating to flash heavy website, and the browser was gone.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 08:27 PM
    The update has worked great for me so far using apps ofer bridge is great however with the new update the android app player no longer works. I am going to reinstall it after work tonight.
    The update was also aimed at killing Android App Player, There is no way we can reinstall it again.
    08-26-11 01:52 AM
    After the update I had crash as well. It happen when on flash heavy websites - was watching streaming movies with two or three tabs opened.

Another crash I had was with ~20 opened tabs. Actually it worked quite well for hour or so, but all tabs was from blogs and forums. Few minutes after navigating to flash heavy website, and the browser was gone.
    20 open tabs lol, wow you pushed the browser to its limits i guess. But overall RIM has done a nice job with the browser. Still can't figure out why some people still face this issue even after the update.
    08-26-11 01:59 AM
    Has anyone had problems with WiFi after the update. Have you noticed any drop in speed.
    08-26-11 02:06 AM
    20 open tabs lol, wow you pushed the browser to its limits i guess. But overall RIM has done a nice job with the browser. Still can't figure out why some people still face this issue even after the update.
    It wasn't on purpose. Was just browsing some forums and opening in a new tab the threads I am interested for later reading. At some point realized there are over 20 opened and the device and browser was OK.

The two crashes I had, almost sure, are due to visiting flash heavy and poorly designed websites. Even on PC with those websites is not pleasant navigating. The onle reason still visiting them is because plenty of streaming movies for free.
    08-26-11 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD