This is my keyboard setup with my PlayBook. I have the Rii Mini Bluetooth keyboard and the Blurex leather case; both from Amazon. The material on the inside of the case keeps the keyboard from sliding around (no rubber feet). I'm surprised how easy it is to type like this. Obviously, this does not replace a spacious laptop, but it is workable and much more portable. It's a laptop in a pocket lol!
    09-05-11 07:23 PM
    Looks awesome Like that background.
    xxplosive82 likes this.
    09-05-11 07:32 PM
    How well does the keyboard work, any dropping of connection? What brand is it and where did you get it. Any help would be great, i have been looking for good one of these.

Thanks in advance.
    09-05-11 08:10 PM
    How well does the keyboard work, any dropping of connection? What brand is it and where did you get it. Any help would be great, i have been looking for good one of these.

Thanks in advance.
    I second this as my bt keyboard functions in an annoying way!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 08:58 PM

Thanks in advance.
    Amazon.com: New OEM RII Mini Bluetooth Wireless Qwerty Keyboard with Touchpad & Laser Pointer for Apple Ipad Nokia Symbian S60/Android/Windows Mobile 5.0 Cellphones Computer Laptop Notebook - [Black - Free All In One Card Reader]: Electronics

I have never had it drop a signal. It works really well. Its just big enough to type on a flat surface like in my picture. Typing with your thumbs can take getting used to, but it works.

I am typing this out on my kitchen table, positioned like the pic. It is definitely not something to type a lot on, but does the trick.
    09-05-11 09:37 PM
    I have that keyboard as well. Though, it's smaller than the Playbook one so not sure if that'd be useful. I'll try it though.
    09-05-11 10:53 PM
    Always crossed my mind to buy a keyboard like that, but I think I'll wait for RIM to release their own version of PB BT Keyboard.
    The thing is, the size is just to small and with my fat fingers, I don't think it will be smooth
    09-06-11 12:53 AM
    Always crossed my mind to buy a keyboard like that, but I think I'll wait for RIM to release their own version of PB BT Keyboard.
    The thing is, the size is just to small and with my fat fingers, I don't think it will be smooth
    I don't have the most slender fingers either

09-06-11 07:44 AM
    I just ordered one. My PB should be here today. Do you get any use from the touchpad? How about the card reader that comes with the keyboard?
    09-06-11 08:09 AM
    I just ordered one. My PB should be here today. Do you get any use from the touchpad? How about the card reader that comes with the keyboard?
    I use the mouse pad like you would use it on a laptop. Surprisingly intuitive. The reader I have not used.

09-06-11 08:18 AM
    The case seems to be out of stock, BUT my convertible should work, so I ordered one. BUT if someone needs a case he is one that also looks like it would work and is similar to the Blurex (and a LITTLE cheaper).....

Amazon.com: Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black): Electronics
    09-06-11 08:39 AM
    Yeah, I've got that keyboard too. It's pretty slick. but I think I'd still prefer a netbook. :S
    09-06-11 09:08 AM
    The case looks a lot like my acase.
    09-06-11 09:20 AM
    I use the mouse pad like you would use it on a laptop. Surprisingly intuitive. The reader I have not used.

Great! Thanks for the heads up.
    09-06-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD