Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Language change

I got a Playbook from BlackBerry.

Everything is in French language... Can anyone please let me know how to change it into English as I am unable to do that
    Collaber Solutions LLC Apps & Themes:

Collaber Mobile apps

Appworld
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

I am not sure, as the French OS is not even going to be released until Summer 2011. If you mean your Keyboard interface then, all you do is hit the small Globe next to the Space bar, and select English (US) or English (UK)

Cheers,
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry User

The funny thing for me after latest update my space bar says "spazio" and run button says "vai"..Any ideas on how to change and I do not see Globe next to space bar....I setup it up in English and not this switch..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks !
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Sorry for the wrong info... Its not french .. Its dutch here in my playbook... Attached is the screenshot.. Please let me know how to change the language settings to English!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Language change-gmail.jpg   Language change-photo.jpg   Language change-photo-1-.jpg  
    Collaber Solutions LLC Apps & Themes:

Collaber Mobile apps

Appworld
    CrackBerry Genius

Where are you located? Have you paired it with your phone?

Are you logged in with your Blackberry ID?

Unless the Playbook gets country id from a phone pairing/bridging or the Blackberry APP world ID, it must have been set that way in the setup screen when the Playbook was first started.

There is a setup icon in the main screen that may help you change your region. I don't have a playbook in front me to see if the option is there. The setup program is the first thing that runs on the new Playbook after you get past the wifi setup and Blackberry ID setup.

You could try a security wipe. When it is done the wipe, the playbook starts at the setup screen like new out of the box. If you are not still in North America, you will not be able to download the need for speed and Tetris games.

Robert
    CrackBerry Newbie

i want that dutch language,as i'm a dutchman...hopefully somebody can tell me how to do that
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Please give me the dutch language too since i am Dutch as well. You can have my English language ;-)
    CrackBerry Genius

I just ran a new install and it came up with only two or three choices. There was English Canada, French Canada, and I can't remember if it had English USA. I suspect the choices come from your Blackberry ID you entered at the beginning of the setup. In part of the setup it asks to set up bridging with my phone.

In the case of the Dutch on the Playbook, perhaps the last person that used it logged in with a Dutch Blackberry ID and had the option to choose Dutch as the language.

Regardless of how it got into the Dutch language, I think your only option is to do a security wipe to get back to the default setup program. Keep in mind that you will loose Tetris and Need For Speed and unless you have a North American Blackberry ID, you will not be able to reinstall them.

Robert
    CrackBerry Genius

It is highly doubtful that Dutch would be an option for anyone right now, the product is only on sale in North America and additional languages being supported when not needed by that target market would just be increasing the chance of issues.

The odds are that the first version of the software intended for european devices won't even include dutch either since those will probably start out with the EFIGS languages first.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I can fix it!!!!!

I have Blackberry OS 2.1.0.1753.
    Mine did the same, only it changed because i typed a lot of E-mails in spanish.
    What you do, is, you go to the Settings symbol in the upper right hand corner of the screen. the fifteenth tab on the left should be a globe with a word beside it that is the equivalent of Language. If you are unsure of this, just look for the globe. It will say current language in the first pulldown menu, then Country / region in the second.
    Here is where it gets tricky.
    You will see five languages there, one is the already chosen language that you switched to.
    BEFORE YOU RAGE QUIT BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE ENGLISH...
    this tab is actually a scroll tab, holding 25 popular languages instead of the five you can see. Just hold and drag on the list to move up and down.
    The second changes your country. look for united states here.
    I hope this helped!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have Blackberry OS 2.1.0.1753.
    Mine did the same, only it changed because i typed a lot of E-mails in spanish.
    What you do, is, you go to the Settings symbol in the upper right hand corner of the screen. the fifteenth tab on the left should be a globe with a word beside it that is the equivalent of Language. If you are unsure of this, just look for the globe. It will say current language in the first pulldown menu, then Country / region in the second.
    Here is where it gets tricky.
    You will see five languages there, one is the already chosen language that you switched to.
    BEFORE YOU RAGE QUIT BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE ENGLISH...
    this tab is actually a scroll tab, holding 25 popular languages instead of the five you can see. Just hold and drag on the list to move up and down.
    The second changes your country. look for united states here.
    I hope this helped!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, I am Steve from Hungary, and I plane to buy a Z10 on ebay from US, but I want to be sure that I can change OS language (menu, text input etc.) to Hungarian. Is it easy or possible anyway?
    Does anybody help me to be sure? I have never use BB OS 10. (just for test).
    Thanks in advance!