I was running around with my dog and throwing some snow up in the air for her to catch and then I replayed the video to watched it...there are certain parts of the video that seem to lag and freeze... Why? Don't tell me that the 1080p camera can't handle camera shake!
    04-03-12 03:28 PM
    Maybe try setting the camera settings to "Action" mode.
    04-03-12 05:35 PM
    I've noticed this since the 2.0 update, and it wasn't fixed with the 2.0.1 update. It's intermittent and unpredictable, but video will temporarily freeze while recording, then start again. What you see when you play it back is a frozen image for however many seconds (with the recorded sound still playing) then the video portion resuming.

It's annoying as all he11, and essentially makes the PB useless for any recording because you never know when it's going to happen. I only have about 4 GB free on my 64 GB, so I thought that might have something to do with it, but then I had no such problems with numerous videos recorded on the PB before 2.0.

Together with the screw-up with Playlists on the Music Player (it no longer reads .m3u playlists correctly), OS 2.0 has been kind of a bust. If it weren't for the sideloading capability, I'd be thrilled to go back to 1.0.
    04-30-12 02:27 PM
    Actually, as noted, this has been an issue on and off since OS1.xxxx. At first my unit did not do it. Then it did. I think it was cured and I have not looked for it recently. If you watch, you can see if happen as you are filming.

So, unfortunately, it is a bug and I'm not sure that rim has ever admitted it (and darn, I just got off with support and could have asked this question while I'm REloading the software on my 32gig).

If I remember when I call them back on the pending issue, I might ask what's what.

As an aside: you and your dog should NOT be playing with snow the day before MAY!
    04-30-12 05:15 PM
    Yeah ive noticed this too.. hope it gets fixed soon.
    04-30-12 05:17 PM
    Yup having the same problem here. F2 please ask support about this I'm sure BB is aware of it but its really unacceptable.
    04-30-12 05:36 PM
    I noticed this too with the OS 2.0.1 upgrade. 'lag & freezing', it happened to me a couple of days ago...but now it's gone

I think it might have something to do with how much free memory you have. I deleted some apps, because I ran-out of space (16 GB), and after this the video recording lag & freezing didn't happen.

But, when it happened this worked for me...I recorded something for about 10-20 seconds and stopped it...then I could start a new recording session without the lag & freezing
    04-30-12 07:07 PM
    Actually, as noted, this has been an issue on and off since OS1.xxxx. At first my unit did not do it. Then it did. I think it was cured and I have not looked for it recently. If you watch, you can see if happen as you are filming.

So, unfortunately, it is a bug and I'm not sure that rim has ever admitted it (and darn, I just got off with support and could have asked this question while I'm REloading the software on my 32gig).

If I remember when I call them back on the pending issue, I might ask what's what.

As an aside: you and your dog should NOT be playing with snow the day before MAY!
    Huh, I never had the problem at all on OS 1. It is indeed instantly noticeable when one is recording. I just take out my 9810 and film with that. 720p v 1080p, though, plus I like the seeing what I'm recording on the bigger screen. I also like getting what I paid for.
    04-30-12 08:05 PM
    If you search, you will find mention of this BUG even in OS1.x.

I don't think anyone found their own solution - in other words reloading the os (debrick or security wipe) does not fix it.
    04-30-12 08:51 PM
    If you search, you will find mention of this BUG even in OS1.x.

I don't think anyone found their own solution - in other words reloading the os (debrick or security wipe) does not fix it.
    I guess I was just fortunate on OS 1.x (or only took a half-dozen videos, now that I think about it).

I'm surprised more of a stink hasn't been raised about it. It's kind of like the music player's playlists bug in that way -- just as a lot of people don't use playlists on the PB, I suppose there aren't that many people who use their PB as a video camera.
    05-01-12 02:03 PM
    i have the same problem...specially when um recording in a sunny place...i guess u have to turn the auto thing into action it temporarily fixes this issue
    05-01-12 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD