I find that the camera isn't great for indoor lighting and for close up pictures. Is there a shortcut that I'm not aware of to access more functions on it e.g. macro, auto-focus, night mode? These are options that I have on my Bold 9700 so would have thought they would be able to implement something similar on the PB.
    05-12-11 11:33 PM
    You can change the dimensions of the picture but not a lot of other options. Swipe from the upper bezel down into the camera app for the limited options (if you did not know). The phone cameas are definitely more powerful - hmm - do the photos have gps tagging??? (have to look...)

No geo-tagging.
    05-12-11 11:58 PM
    You can change the dimensions of the picture but not a lot of other options. Swipe from the upper bezel down into the camera app for the limited options (if you did not know). The phone cameas are definitely more powerful - hmm - do the photos have gps tagging??? (have to look...)

No geo-tagging.
    It does have geo-tagging, you just need to turn it on.
    05-13-11 12:27 AM
    I noticed on the display model at Future Shop that there is no option to change to/from 1080P using the swipe-down gesture. Is that normal?
    05-13-11 12:36 AM
    lets see

bold 9700 is a 3Mp auto focus camera

playbook is a 5Mp fixed focus camera at front, 3Mp fixed focus camera at back.
    both these cameras use technology to digitally focus. its not as good as AF but better than fixed focus only.

native camera resolution is 16:9, you can change this to 4:3 if you want.

video works on 480p, 720p and 1080p, all changed by swipe down in the top menu.
    Last edited by iknowmore; 06-28-11 at 12:10 PM.
    05-13-11 05:53 AM
    It does have geo-tagging, you just need to turn it on.
    Thanks. I stand corrected. I did not notice the little symbol in the lower left. Looks like you have to turn it on each time you open the camera app.
    05-13-11 08:49 AM
    QNX is currently hiring software engineers for their camera team.

Current Openings
    05-13-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD