It is obvious the Kobo reader is porked. Tried both epub and mobi formats that I know work in my stand-alone kobo reader (epub) and neither work in the playbook. Some people ask - "how do you transfer epub to playbook?".

Connect Playbook to your pc - it will see it as another drive. epub books go into the \books folder.

The problem is with Kobo not RIM as their reader is not yet even ready for the Torch - obviously a problem with the OS.

04-23-11 05:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is how Kobo was meant to be used. You either sync it up with your Kobo e-reader or you purchase the books online... but you can't load existing epubs you have.

The Kobo reader for PCs has been out for a while and there's no way of loading epub's in there either.

Basically, just wait for another e-book reader app to come out and forget about Kobo.

I wonder if there's a way to "uninstall" Kobo from the PB. Since it's useless to many people (and to me) I don't need to have an application taking up space when it'll never be used.
    04-23-11 05:44 PM
    RIM needs to get Kindle on the device as soon as possible. Also, a good 3rd party pdf reader.
    04-23-11 06:27 PM
    Interestingly, the Kobo on Android WILL let you load local epub books. But when you do to search for your books (I have over 400) the search engine takes you to THEIR STORE; not your local drive. FAIL.

There are some excellent e-book readers on Android. So I am just waiting on the Android support on the Playbook to have a decent reader.
    04-24-11 12:06 PM
    Sign in to your kobo account and it will bring all your library automatically. Works same way on torch and ipod, no need to connect to your computer at all.Only works with books from kobo,my sony reader store books would not transfer on any.
    04-24-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD