Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by kwelamnp View Post
    When I had a problem, I found their agents kind of clueless. I ended up having to solve problems myself. I did look up thtwo sites and they are as I remembered. If you log into kobobooks.com with exact same name and password and it accepts those, then your books should show in My Library or whatever they call it. We have. Kobo, so I never had to open an account for PB - Just used our existing sign in. Good Luck with it.
    What should be and what is are not the same. The online account, which automatically got created when I made my purchase from my p,ahbook shows no books, no purchases, but does have my credit card and address. Yes, help are irritating and clueless that is why I said I uploaded my charge card bill showing the purchase. So for you to say they 'should' be there is not really helpful. Not being bitchy here, just re-stating what I my problem is.
    CrackBerry Master

[QUOTE=rotorwrench;7773828]
    Quote Originally Posted by castoridae View Post

Never mind. Best stay with live help from Kobo. What you're describing happened to my daughter and her PB. Apparently the Kobo site wasn't receiving the update to add the books to her online library as with you and when we deleted the books from her PB, then "purchased" them again the Kobo store said "already in library, download now?". So we did and after that they showed up in her online library. It took deleting them and reloading them, with out paying again, on her PB before the appeared online. It resolved the situation, didn't get worse. But I would stay on the course you're already on, you're better off.
    Ok, I understand what you did now - you left out the part where you tried to re-purchase and that's when the system found you. They may end up asking me to do that - I'll keep everyone posted.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by seamonky View Post
    i think i had trouble when i first set it up. i treied to link it to my fb account on PB but woulddnt find my books. i uninstalled it. went to the kobo site on my laptop ( to take advantage of the free books and queue them(this ste is irrelevent but it is well worth a look ;-) ), reinstalled it on the pb, signing in with my fb account, and lo and behold all the free books i had just got were there.

you have to make sure that when you bought the book, that account is the one set up to your FB, and that it hasnt set you up a new one based on the FB account.

I really hope you fix this.

you could try book reader for playbook if not, it is 1 and a great book reader, but you would have to source epubs from elsewhere, project gutenburg for example.
    I'm not buying a reader - I think part of what's so neat about the playbook is that we get a kobo reader for free!
    Kobo can bloodly well fix this
    CrackBerry Abuser

What should be and what is are not the same. The online account, which automatically got created when I made my purchase from my p,ahbook shows no books, no purchases, but does have my credit card and address. Yes, help are irritating and clueless that is why I said I uploaded my charge card bill showing the purchase. So for you to say they 'should' be there is not really helpful. Not being bitchy here, just re-stating what I my problem is.
    Well you know we try to help. But your attitude shows through - so no more wasted time for me.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by kwelamnp View Post
    Well you know we try to help. But your attitude shows through - so no more wasted time for me.
    What you are seeing showing thru is frustration not bad attitude. Sorry.
    CrackBerry Master

Good news, Diegonie on this site suggested that I send them proof of my purchase. So I uploaded a scanned copy of my charge card bill w/the kobo purchase on it and sent it to live help on Kobo. Up until then, they insisted that I had no purchases on my account, even though I am reading my purchase! Now the live help believe me and they are escalating the situation forward. They said that I should get an email within 48 hrs. I will keep you informed. Cheers
    Ok, so I really wanted to update people: I.got a useless email asking for purchase info - enough us enough, so I 1) called credit company and got the acctg # for the purchase, 2) I phoned kobo. Answer: First, Kobo gave me a credit for that specific book so I can re-download it. Then got me to delete the whole app and re-install (note: you have to do this from the playbook app icon, it won't load fron kobo online). This worked, but onlt the 2 'freebee' books were there, not my purchased book. When I opened the pc kobo, it synced w/the playbook! 3)only the 2 free books were there, my purchase wasn't there, so if I hadn't arranged the safety credit before deleting the app, I may have been in trouble.
    So, I guess my message is KEEP your proof of purchase email (If I had one, I must have deleted it), collect and send them your proof of purchasing info and do a phone call to them. I'm so glad I did now I just have to wait for the purchase email to rebuy my book. not a fun experience, but it got sorted in the end. Thx everyone, all the bits of info did help.
    CrackBerry Master

Ok, so I really wanted to update people: I.got a useless email asking for purchase info - enough us enough, so I 1) called credit company and got the acctg # for the purchase, 2) I phoned kobo. Answer: First, Kobo gave me a credit for that specific book so I can re-download it. Then got me to delete the whole app and re-install (note: you have to do this from the playbook app icon, it won't load fron kobo online). This worked, but onlt the 2 'freebee' books were there, not my purchased book. When I opened the pc kobo, it synced w/the playbook! 3)only the 2 free books were there, my purchase wasn't there, so if I hadn't arranged the safety credit before deleting the app, I may have been in trouble.
    So, I guess my message is KEEP your proof of purchase email (If I had one, I must have deleted it), collect and send them your proof of purchasing info and do a phone call to them. I'm so glad I did now I just have to wait for the purchase email to rebuy my book. not a fun experience, but it got sorted in the end. Thx everyone, all the bits of info did help.
    WARNING: Oh God, I was so wrong! The very next day I received another email from KOBO saying my photocopy of my credit card bill showing the kobo purchase was not sufficient and I should send more proof. You can imagine just how p-o'd I was. I contacted kobo and went thru the same process again. Really mad. The contact this time takes it directly to his manager who personally ok's it and they promise my credit in 24 hrs again. Next day, Same thing!! same email wanting more info. Now tearing my hair out.
    This is 2nd time they have promised my credit and I know I'm stuck in a moronic never-ending Kobo loop. But I solved it - I called my credit company. When I told them the story, they simply credited my account with the money and said they will deal with kobo. So I'm happier, re-bought the book and it is in both places. Kobo has since sent me 2 more emails regarding my non-response to their requests for more info. I wonder how long they will keep this up. So my problem got resolved independent and in spite of kobo, but they never did send me a 20% discount again Quite honestly, I don't like them, and I certainly don't trust them, and I would advise those with Kobo issues to be aware of their incompetance when dealing with accounts.
    [*][/LIST]

I'd reply to them with a "You'll be getting an email from my bank and my lawyers soon." Just to see what they would do.

Anyway, good you got it solved. And please, get my name right next time.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

castoridae likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Dear Diegonei: Will do ; I'm embarrassed to say how many times I checked the spelling!
    Also would not have been successful without your advice, so again, thx so much
    diegonei likes this.

We're here to help. That's what CB is all about. (Don't let the News & Rumors board make you think otherwise).
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    In my pants.

I have had excellent help with their customer service...my problem is the app. Why are they not updating it?
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.2.1.537
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: 2.1.0.1032
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12