Kobo is having a 30% off sale on book purchases for your PB, in addition to sales of many in their library. Promo Code is: dec9offer30us. I just purchased a book that was originally $22.00 less 38%, added the promo code, and got it for a little over $10.00 with tax. Sale ends midnight tonight.

Damn I love this uber cool e-Reader Plus called a Playbook!
    robtanz and Kanuck34 like this.
    12-11-11 09:11 AM
    Thanks. Just bought book 5 in Game of Thrones series.
    12-11-11 09:43 AM
    Thanks. Just bought book 5 in Game of Thrones series.
    Glad to be of service.
    12-11-11 09:44 AM
    Went to Kobo to purchase. I don't see where to enter the promo code. I never purchased from Kobo yet, so is it going to go that screen automatically to enter the code?
    12-11-11 09:51 AM
    On the final confirmation screen before you buy there is a field to enter a promo code and an apply button.
    12-11-11 09:58 AM
    Nice to see Kobo doing this and thanks for posting it. Two things though: the sale is not just for PB users (although after the 2 week outage we're due something), and it doesn't apply to all books. I kept getting the message "the publisher does not allow promo codes"

Still worth checking out for anyone that uses Kobo.
    12-11-11 09:58 AM
    Went to Kobo to purchase. I don't see where to enter the promo code. I never purchased from Kobo yet, so is it going to go that screen automatically to enter the code?
    Make your initial purchase, and the next screen will show where you fill in your name, address, etc...before doing any of that, scroll down and you'll see where to enter the promo code, so you can see the final price before you fill in all your stats.
    12-11-11 09:59 AM
    Kobo is having a 30% off sale on book purchases for your PB, in addition to sales of many in their library. Promo Code is: dec9offer30us. I just purchased a book that was originally $22.00 less 38%, added the promo code, and got it for a little over $10.00 with tax. Sale ends midnight tonight.

Damn I love this uber cool e-Reader Plus called a Playbook!
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to do a little browsing.
    12-11-11 10:02 AM
    I bought one book. From a list of 200 books I picked "Brandwashed". Maybe it'll have a section about subversive posters in BB forums
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-11-11 10:05 AM
    OK, maybe you'll all think I'm a geeky overly religious type (I'm not, just a believer), but I just had to have the Ignatius Bible RSV Catholic Edition, which is the only major standard English translation approved for use and used by virtually all Catholic churches that hold services in English. Now, what makes this version unique is that it does not conform to the feminist demands of past where "inclusive language" was demanded as in all other translations, and which Rome to this day has rejected in the new Catechism. While I am all for inclusiveness, I prefer what for decades has been universally accepted as the most historically accurate, the clearest, and most beautifally translated English version of the Bible
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-11-11 at 10:19 AM.
    CaptDeth and Media Warrior like this.
    12-11-11 10:16 AM
    I got this email from Kobo a few days ago and bought World War Z.

It's also good to note, this code is a one time use only. So choose wisely
    12-11-11 10:51 AM
    I got this email from Kobo a few days ago and bought World War Z.

It's also good to note, this code is a one time use only. So choose wisely
    Sometimes if you remove the "us" partof the code and replace with "ca" such as dec9offer30ca in this case you can get a second book with the Canadian version of the coupon code. I heard this also works with AU and WW. Four discounted purchases for each code ....

I'll let youknow if this works.
    ghostworld likes this.
    12-11-11 11:07 AM
    Sometimes if you remove the "us" partof the code and replace with "ca" such as dec9offer30ca in this case you can get a second book with the Canadian version of the coupon code. I heard this also works with AU and WW. Four discounted purchases for each code ....

Oh nice... I actually used the one ending in ca since that was the one in my email a few days ago. Just tried this one ending in us and it worked. Thanks for the tip!
    12-11-11 11:10 AM
    That is interesting; OK, here's your chance to feed your PB... 4 books at super discounts will make that Playbook hum with delight big time; oh, and expand your mind.
    12-11-11 11:20 AM

Worked like a charm ... four books bought with discount.

All you new Kobo users: not all books accept coupon codes. I found that if a single priceis listed no option to enter a promo code is available or you get the error aboutthe publisher not allowing discounts. If the book has a regular price and then an " Our Price" discounted price the codes will work fine.

Someone told me that "Agency" books cannot be discounted by Kobo. But I don't know what is the Agency or what that means.
    Last edited by ubermanx; 12-11-11 at 11:40 AM.
    12-11-11 11:31 AM
    I already have a lot of books in PDF format. Still waiting for a decent PDF reader so I can actually read them!

edit: can external books be sideloaded into kobo at alll?
    12-11-11 01:09 PM
    Hi all, I have a PB but for xmas, but have been looking at Kobo and found a book which is available in PDF or Epub, which would I select for my PB ?

also can I read PDF`s on the PB and how would I load it ?

thanks.
    12-11-11 01:38 PM
    Hi all, I have a PB but for xmas, but have been looking at Kobo and found a book which is available in PDF or Epub, which would I select for my PB ?

also can I read PDF`s on the PB and how would I load it ?

thanks.
    You don't need to do anything. Just open up the Kobo icon on your PB, register, and you're done. Then, either from your PB or your home PC, go to Kobo, find the book you want, and buy it (you will have to sign on from your home PC with your e-mail address and password which you would have already established when you started up the Kobo on your PB). Once the purchase is complete, click the Kobo icon on the PB, tap the new book, and voila, watch it download to your library automatically.
    gadgetier likes this.
    12-11-11 01:42 PM
    thanks Alnamvet, counting the days till its in my hands.
    12-11-11 03:01 PM
    thanks Alnamvet, counting the days till its in my hands.
    Forget Xmas; open the PB now, thank and say Happy Birthday to Jesus today, and buy that book you want and use that coupon code today since it expires midnight tonite.
    12-11-11 03:05 PM
    So what books did people get with this sale?
    12-11-11 03:23 PM
    So what books did people get with this sale?
    I bought the World War Z book based on a post in ths thread (thanks by the way for the suggestion) and three Chris Ryan novels I was keeping my eye on. I really wanted to get Hockey personality Ron MacLean's book, Cornered, but discount codes are not allowed for that book. I'll save it for the inevitable Kobo Gift Cards I'll get for Christmas.

I read tonnes and we have one or two of every model of Kobo reader in the house as well as the Kobo app here on my Playbook and on my iPad.
    12-11-11 03:35 PM
    I live in Ontario. The only tax applicable on books is 5% GST, not 13% HST, yet At checkout Kobo shows both taxes. I bought the book thinking the taxes would be corrected at checkout...wrong.

The price ended up being 20 cents cheaper than Kindle's price, but was anticipating a better deal. I will contact Kobo but won't hold my breath. I suspect they will keep the tax charged in error.

What taxes are being charged for others and please indicate where you live? Thanks.
    12-11-11 05:02 PM
    OK folks, here's your chance to get some great deals and gifts from KOBO with a $2.00 book sale and a 30% off on select books. Sale ends tomorrow, Dec 18th, at midnight. Coupn code is: kobobirthday30us
    12-17-11 07:33 AM
    Here are 2 other codes i have used.

firstread - 35% off
    giftread - 20% off
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-17-11 09:04 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD