What is the benefit of installing the Kindle or Nook reader apps on the PB? Is it the way the books are shown on the PB, the bookstore, what?
    ratz likes this.
    04-21-12 09:31 AM
    user interface. i like how the Kindle app looks as i've been used to it. I have a bit of books from Kindle as well... so i use it so i dont need to convert them to something else.
    04-21-12 09:35 AM
    I buy most of my e-books from Barnes and Noble, and their format is only readable on a nook device or Nook app. I own a classic nook, which uses the e-ink display which is very easy on the eyes, unlike laptop and tablet displays. The only reason, I would want a PB Nook app is so that on business trips I can access my BN/nook library of e-books on my PB and can leave my nook at home. One less thing to carry and keep track of. I would not use this for heavy everyday reading. I also don't like to read books on my laptop.

Ideally, I would really like to have an e-book reader that could access all book libraries, BN/Kobo/Amazon/Sony and public library ones, allowing me a real choice in were in get my books. One common feature rich book reader, that does it all. May have to wait a long time for that.
    cadoll likes this.
    04-21-12 10:32 AM
    With a Nook reader app, are you able to transfer and read DRM protected books purchased from BN? Or the same for Kindle reader and Kindle books? If so, do you just drag and drop?
    04-21-12 10:37 AM
    It also allows reading books people purchased on their pb without having to do conversions or try stripping of the drm/encryption. And, yes, it allows one to easily retrieve items from your Kindle archive or even purchase new titles. For some, it might mean having to carry one less device when they travel. And obviously, you can use the pb for other things when reading is not what you want to do at some point.
    04-21-12 10:39 AM
    With a Nook reader app, are you able to transfer and read DRM protected books purchased from BN? Or the same for Kindle reader and Kindle books? If so, do you just drag and drop?
    Unless I've seriously missed something there is no Nook app for the PB. Like many others, I don't much mind. Reading on my Nook is so much better than an LCD. Less weight, far greater battery, easier on the eyes, and readable in sunlight. It's not hard to find a refurbished Nook for $69.

The only thing I would want a Nook app for is color children's books. But then again I'd rather my kids hold a paper book and avoid more electronic distractions. Besides, I don't want competition for my PB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-12 01:45 PM
    Let me first say I am a HUGE Playbook fan. I just bought a Kindle Touch for eReading and absolutely love it. I had considered Kobo or some other App for the PB, but then decided against it. The Kindle's size, weight and screen made it worth the $$ for me.

KRS
    04-21-12 03:52 PM
    Unless I've seriously missed something there is no Nook app for the PB. Like many others, I don't much mind. Reading on my Nook is so much better than an LCD. Less weight, far greater battery, easier on the eyes, and readable in sunlight. It's not hard to find a refurbished Nook for $69.

The only thing I would want a Nook app for is color children's books. But then again I'd rather my kids hold a paper book and avoid more electronic distractions. Besides, I don't want competition for my PB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Actually, like the Kindle Android reader, the nook app has been converted to a bar file. Search the forums for the Site. I think it's goodereader.com, but can't quite remember. I have the app and it works fine.
    04-21-12 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD