For quite some time now I have used my Playbook as a Kindle book reader after sideloading the bar file from Goodreader. After some weeks I would notice the app to be slow to load and finally would not load at all. At that point I would delete the app and then reload using the Playbook app manager. That had worked well until this week. I reloaded the app on Monday and here it is thursday and it wouldn't open. Not only that but the app will not reload past 50% using the app manager.
    Has anyone experienced this and/or have a solution to get the bar file to load completely?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    10-08-15 04:13 PM
    Hmmm not sure what I can suggest.

Coincidentally, I side loaded the kindle app for the first time with the chrome extension on Sunday. It worked perfectly and it let's me purchase books without issue.

I used the one on the good e reader site. So I guess the issue must be on your pb since it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 11:03 PM
    That's what I was afraid I might hear. I really don't have much in the way of personal files on the machine and I was thinking, in the absence of any better ideas, of doing a reset and hope for the best.
    I really was hoping to hear that someone has already had this happen to them AND they have a solution to the problem. I'll wait a while.
    Thanks
    10-09-15 03:58 PM
    It seems that everything is now working again as I tried, last night, to once more load the Kindle bar file.
    The procedure was exactly the same as all of my previous attempts but this time the file loaded on my Playbook.
    This type of outcome is actually more frustrating in that no changes have had a changed result. Now I'm at the mercy of the machine (as always) until it decides not to allow the app to load at some point in the future.
    I'm sure that there will be no new version in the future so I will have to be content to use the app as is when the Playbook allows me to do so.
    10-11-15 07:33 AM