Also, I hit up a panel discussion today where one of RIM's Sr. Guys was there, and Walt Mossberg asked him the question on why no native email at launch. Again RIM made it clear that they are working on it. Basically the Bridge came about as a result of enterprise requesting RIM to build a tablet that worked in a similar way to the Smartphones - was secure, could be deployed and managed, etc. At the same time as those conversations were taking place (a while ago now), RIM bought QNX and decided to make that their platform. The bridge is the quick way for RIM to get to market quickly with a secure tablet device for enterprise (since it utilizes the BB as the secure tunnel to the NOC), while RIM works to build all that functionality into the PlayBook itself (a necessity that has to be in place before a QNX phone launches). Hopefully they're working fast on this. And the good thing with the PlayBook of course is the upgrade cycle won't be held back by carrier approvals - RIM will be able to push out the updates as fast as they can onto consumers.
    I'm still finding people getting this wrong and its really starting to annoy me. Am I alone?
    04-09-11 08:42 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD