Interesting you should mention password Keeper. I have been used to this feature in all my phones until the Torch 9860. However it was downloadable so I continued to use it. The pb doesn't have one either so I downloaded one from BB world. Remember these words, it's as secure as a wet nappy!.

Enter the Z10 into my life and to answer your question F2 no the Z10 doesn't not have password protector. However bb world has one you can download which I did do. I was out at the time and when it first loads up you are asked if you want to install previous password saved. Now naively I thought the passwords would be stored on the device and secure, however because I had my old Torch with me I selected 'Yes' to install them thinking it would transfer them across from my Torch. Whilst looking at the nice screen informing me that my passwords were being transferred I remembered that my Torch was in fact powered off fully. I tried to abort it but it refused to respond.

Now just imagine my surprise when it not only completed the download and displayed my full information, it displayed every password I had ever saved on any bb device I've owned. Some accounts I had even forgotten about myself but they were all there on display, even the ones on my pb that I did have switched on but as we all know the connection between the pb and the Z10 is exactly the same as connecting my wife's SIII or my son's iphone5 but they were all there on display.

Now I wonder how secure the BB really is?
    When you switched phones through BB Link it transfered all your Password Keeper stuff at the same time. When you re-installed Password Keeper on your Z10 and set it up for the first time it only gave you access to that stuff that was already stored securly on your phone. No black magic involved there...

Hope this helps explain it.
    03-10-13 03:33 PM
    When you switched phones through BB Link it transfered all your Password Keeper stuff at the same time. When you re-installed Password Keeper on your Z10 and set it up for the first time it only gave you access to that stuff that was already stored securly on your phone. No black magic involved there...

Hope this helps explain it.
    Then why have I got accounts now on my Z10 password keeper that I originally set up and by the way had completely forgotten about, on my Storm II.

P's I didn't switch phones through bb link!

Mmmmmmmm next answer is?
    03-10-13 04:30 PM
    Are you using a memory card from your previous device? I confess that I am a little confused by your description of the steps you performed. It sounds like you are suggesting that the passwords were imported either via bridge, bluetooth or network. Password Keeper on the Z10 can only import locally stored password keeper files. Try it you will see that it is looking for the previous password keeper data exported using device switch via BlackBerry Link or on the BBOS phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:32 PM
    Interesting you should mention password Keeper. I have been used to this feature in all my phones until the Torch 9860. However it was downloadable so I continued to use it. The pb doesn't have one either so I downloaded one from BB world. Remember these words, it's as secure as a wet nappy!.

Enter the Z10 into my life and to answer your question F2 no the Z10 doesn't not have password protector. However bb world has one you can download which I did do. I was out at the time and when it first loads up you are asked if you want to install previous password saved. Now naively I thought the passwords would be stored on the device and secure, however because I had my old Torch with me I selected 'Yes' to install them thinking it would transfer them across from my Torch. Whilst looking at the nice screen informing me that my passwords were being transferred I remembered that my Torch was in fact powered off fully. I tried to abort it but it refused to respond.

Now just imagine my surprise when it not only completed the download and displayed my full information, it displayed every password I had ever saved on any bb device I've owned. Some accounts I had even forgotten about myself but they were all there on display, even the ones on my pb that I did have switched on but as we all know the connection between the pb and the Z10 is exactly the same as connecting my wife's SIII or my son's iphone5 but they were all there on display.

Now I wonder how secure the BB really is?
    If you are referring to Password Keeper, import does not connect directly to your PlayBook or BBOS device, so it does not matter if you have them on or off during import. And regarding PlayBook, Password Keeper doesn't exist there so any passwords that you think are coming from PlayBook are actually coming from your old BlackBerry where you must have added them to PK.
    05-04-13 02:15 AM
29 12