Question.

I have the same account for both playbook and blackberry phone. is it possible to change playbook account (email) and keep purchased apps ?
    11-27-12 04:37 PM
    You have to do a security wipe to change the BBID.
    11-27-12 05:49 PM
    You have to do a security wipe to change the BBID.
    Please explain further so I do a security wipe. Dont I lose all my BBM contacts and all the rest.

How does that help in changing ID??? I just whipped everything no??
    11-27-12 06:37 PM
    There aren't bbm contacts on the PlayBook.
    11-27-12 06:41 PM
    I know some of this stuff has gotten posted but in different places.

Okay, looking for clarity - if one changes one's bbid, does the "background processing" Rim does, move purchased apps (old bbid) to the new bbid and make them available for download again (ignoring change in price issues)?

Can one change the EMAIL address associated with the bbid without losing stuff. Or does this, too, require a wipe?
    11-27-12 07:16 PM
    I know some of this stuff has gotten posted but in different places.

Okay, looking for clarity - if one changes one's bbid, does the "background processing" Rim does, move purchased apps (old bbid) to the new bbid and make them available for download again (ignoring change in price issues)?

Can one change the EMAIL address associated with the bbid without losing stuff. Or does this, too, require a wipe?
    This is what i would like to know. Can i register new account and have my apps transfer to it. I would like to have two separate accounts. one for phone and for the tablet.
    11-27-12 07:45 PM
    You can change your bbid email address, but it is still the same id and the apps purchased by that id are still locked to that id. This means that if it's the same id used by your bb phone, the updated id changes there too, it doesn't separate them. They, your purchased apps and ID are locked together, i know of no way to move purchases apps to what would ammount to someone else's id.

This allows you to security wipe or replace a device with a newer or repaired device and reinstall your previously purchased apps. This is a major part of the copy protection blackberry provides to app sellers as they can have their app check for authorized id before installing, and since as previously mentioned you have to security wipe before changing a devices bb id, it avoids piracy.

You may be able to ask the developer to transfer your purchased app(s) to another bb id account, but that would be their choice and probably quite unlikely.
    11-27-12 08:39 PM
    This is not possible unless you know someone at RIM.
    11-27-12 08:47 PM