Keep purchased apps and change account associated to playbook.
I have the same account for both playbook and blackberry phone. is it possible to change playbook account (email) and keep purchased apps ?
- 11-27-12, 07:16 PM #5
I know some of this stuff has gotten posted but in different places.
Okay, looking for clarity - if one changes one's bbid, does the "background processing" Rim does, move purchased apps (old bbid) to the new bbid and make them available for download again (ignoring change in price issues)?
Can one change the EMAIL address associated with the bbid without losing stuff. Or does this, too, require a wipe?
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-27-12, 08:39 PM #7
- 322 Posts
You can change your bbid email address, but it is still the same id and the apps purchased by that id are still locked to that id. This means that if it's the same id used by your bb phone, the updated id changes there too, it doesn't separate them. They, your purchased apps and ID are locked together, i know of no way to move purchases apps to what would ammount to someone else's id.
This allows you to security wipe or replace a device with a newer or repaired device and reinstall your previously purchased apps. This is a major part of the copy protection blackberry provides to app sellers as they can have their app check for authorized id before installing, and since as previously mentioned you have to security wipe before changing a devices bb id, it avoids piracy.
You may be able to ask the developer to transfer your purchased app(s) to another bb id account, but that would be their choice and probably quite unlikely.
- By brianatbb in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OSReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-12, 09:41 AM
- By TarekElsakka in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 12-30-11, 10:04 PM
- By brucem76 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 09-07-09, 04:55 AM
- By brucem76 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 09-07-09, 04:55 AM
- By Wammbo in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 13Last Post: 04-24-09, 01:38 PM