Has anyone found a way to keep the playbook from going to sleep when using a GPS app??

I have searched the forum but no good results.
    11-26-12 09:24 AM
    Go in the settings and change the sleep settings...
    11-26-12 09:52 AM
    No they don't seem to be able to. It's a bit of a pain. Either they need to enable it in the app or RIM needs to give an option to not have the PlayBook go to sleep.
    11-26-12 10:19 AM
    You can install StayOn from app world., but for it to work, it must be visible on your PB (in other words, the GPS app can't be maximized).
    11-26-12 12:57 PM
    Use Stay On, it is free and then your playbook won't go to sleep.
    11-26-12 12:59 PM
    So I tried stay on and it works and it works if you have the GPS app and stay on minimized.

Calling all you supppppppppper developers out there, can someone build an app that will work in the background and allow the GPS app to stay on??

I wish I knew how to do it....either that or can the GPS developers create their apps to keep the playbook alive.
    11-26-12 07:20 PM
    So I tried stay on and it works and it works if you have the GPS app and stay on minimized.

Calling all you supppppppppper developers out there, can someone build an app that will work in the background and allow the GPS app to stay on??

I wish I knew how to do it....either that or can the GPS developers create their apps to keep the playbook alive.
    For my smartphone (Nokia N8) this is a feature of the sat nav / gps app (in this case, Nokia Maps, and Nokia Sports Tracker - they're the only 2 gps / sat nav apps I use on it), rather than a general or display setting for the phone.
    11-27-12 04:16 AM
    Magellan Compass stays alive. That even makes the GPS speedometer useful out on the highway.
    11-27-12 11:05 AM