This doesnt show up for me either but I dont see any issues.
    04-20-11 08:22 AM
    i dont see any updates either. i wonder if this may be carrier specific. i am on tmo usa.
    04-20-11 08:31 AM
    i currently have it on mine right now. I had to debrick mine after being stuck on the restart screen. When I did the update to debrick, I ended up with the new os. There are no real changes that i notice. LOL I'm just glad that I have a working playbook again and that it works great now.
    04-20-11 08:38 AM
    maybe theres a place to manually download the update and install to DM?
    04-20-11 08:41 AM
    Updates to devices are never rolled out to everyone at the same time because they can not handle everyone at the same time, so it appears over time not everyone at the same second.
    04-20-11 08:47 AM
    yup still nothing and I'm at work now anyways

Hey Matt.. How much did you pay for your 16MB playbook?
    LOL too funny
    04-20-11 08:51 AM
    i dont see any updates either. i wonder if this may be carrier specific. i am on tmo usa.
    You may be on TMO for your phone but your PB isn't. There won't be carrier specific releases for our PB's as they are not tied to any carrier.
    04-20-11 08:52 AM
    RIM doesn't do public change logs, do they?
    carriers get the change logs normally and sometimes those get leaked. the public never gets them though
    04-20-11 09:31 AM
    Still no update yet for me. No big deal will come in time.
    04-20-11 09:33 AM
    Updates to devices are never rolled out to everyone at the same time because they can not handle everyone at the same time, so it appears over time not everyone at the same second.
    which makes complete sense but we are looking at 9 hours from when the op posted. Maybe he has some type of demo unit or developer unit and they get earlier releases? Regardless haven't really heard any findings on the new update so doesn't really seem like it would make that big of a difference (hopefully i am wrong). I am in ca so if its by area we haven't received it yet either.
    04-20-11 11:56 AM
    i currently have it on mine right now. I had to debrick mine after being stuck on the restart screen. When I did the update to debrick, I ended up with the new os. There are no real changes that i notice. LOL I'm just glad that I have a working playbook again and that it works great now.
    ^^ exactly the same way i got .1705. That's the only way you seem to be able to get it is if your playbook is stuck on restart screen than you hook it up to DM. Seems to have fixed my restart sticking issue.
    04-20-11 12:10 PM
    currently downloading an update through DM. No idea which one it is, but I grabbed the following screenshot. Debrick eh?
    My Playbook was bricked and I finally got that screen also. I had the never ending rainbow balls lol. I find it funny that RIM names files .debrick to fix a bricked Playbook lol. Installing now. Hopefully this is the fix.
    04-20-11 12:26 PM
    Anyone with the .1705 update installed via Desktop Manager willing to give this a try?
    How To: Rip a PlayBook OS Update via Desktop Manager [Work In Progress]

- Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight any files that are there [if you see a CDMA/Java folder, chances are thats a DM update from your BB and isn't what we're looking for]
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file (Winrar or Winzip suggested)
    - Upload to multiupload.com

Now from this we can potentially figure out how to get the pre-release updates to our PB if we find someone to rip them
    04-20-11 12:40 PM
    ^^ exactly the same way i got .1705. That's the only way you seem to be able to get it is if your playbook is stuck on restart screen than you hook it up to DM. Seems to have fixed my restart sticking issue.
    same goes for me today!

Has anyone seen an update log?
    04-20-11 02:11 PM
    I wiped my PB and when hooked up to DM I now have 1.0.1.1705.
    04-20-11 05:52 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD