How will that work with no front facing camera?
    Skype originally did audio only voice calls. Video functionality came later. It is still great for audio only calls.
    09-20-11 06:55 AM
    I eagerly anticipate 2.0. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a reboot of a Product launch provided that it incorporates the lessons learned from the April 19th disaster.

RIM has a chance to get back in the ball game, but realize that they must score in the red zone (or make the penalty kick) when it counts (to use both American and International Football analogies). 3 and outs or turnovers are not acceptable.

Good luck and good hunting, we will be waiting.

09-20-11 08:16 AM
    I don't want iOS like layout. I like the tabs, just would like to be able to customize the names and add/delete tabs. iPads were the same price and if I wanted one I would have bought one. I don't need a QNX clone of iOS. They should allow some customizations of the ui to enable or disable the tabs.
    I think its very likely that they will. I hope its like os 7 where you can have one tab or many and make folders as you please.
    09-20-11 08:19 AM
    It irks me that something like this makes the 6 O'Clock news when there are wars in Libya, Ivory Coast etc., and economic downfall all over the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Way to buzz kill dude!
    09-20-11 08:25 AM
    you assume that the carriers care THAT much about keeping blackberry customers, when in fact they don't. If the customers don't buy a blackberry, just what do you think they do?? they go and buy another smartphone which is technically more money in the carriers pocket (lack of bbm leads to more text messages. Also other smartphone brands tend to use more data than blackberries, also leading to more revenue for the carriers.

yes this is very true about revenue but some of the blackberry deals here in aus are amazing. I got a free playbook and a $0 9780 for $49 a mth. I got $550 of call and text, unlimited bb internet and 1.5gb of internet aswell. Really cant pass up a deal like that!

Also was wondering with this new os if a split keyboard app maybe available? I love the size of the tablet in landscape mode but sometimes when typing i close the keyboard with my palm. It would make typing so much easier. Oh also a T9 option?
    09-20-11 08:36 AM
    2.0 is going to be epic!!!
    You're right. I just hope it doesn't end up being an epic failure

jonty12 likes this.
    09-20-11 08:50 AM
    I wonder whether USB host support makes it in.
    09-20-11 10:18 AM
    I wonder whether USB host support makes it in.

This would be amazing! Somehow I doubt it though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 12:24 PM
    When one starts making a list of all the features that would be awesome to have on a professional grade tablet (features the pb is missing), its quite mind boggling how long the list is. Then to think that only maybe half a dozen (if lucky) of those features are actually going to be released with v2.0...

If RIM was to seriously deliver on MOST of the reasonable features suggested on these forums, they certainly WOULD have an iPad killer.... But they won't deliver... Like I said, we'll count ourselves lucky if we get even 6 of them (missing features)

09-20-11 02:37 PM
    Yes there are so many features missing. Even the basics like T9, spell check, folders, task manager, advanced system set up... etc..... etc.....

I have now grown to love my playbook. I'm always using it instead of my laptop. It is going to be great having access to Android apps. To have more variety of apps will be very handy in personalizing your device to your needs.
    09-20-11 03:00 PM
    Okay with this news I've ordered a 64 Gig PlayBook through my work, they have a great employee discount right now. Just in time to get the $100 Rebate too:

BlackBerry PlayBook Back-At-School Offer

I ordered on the first day of the offer and my order is on back order.

Plus you can't order the 16 Gig model anymore. I guess the demand was greater than expected.
    nievz likes this.
    09-21-11 10:05 AM
    Alright, I know this thread has been dead for quite a while. But the contacts who hooked me up with the 2.0 experience have dropped a bit of info on me. The mysterious 99xx silver "porsche design" (wasn't really) phone was the first prototype QNX (BBX) phone. I'm having PB 2.0 installed on mine later next week and it should be epic! Reports to follow.
    10-07-11 11:51 PM
    For those who wonders the looks of OS 2 (i guess all of us here), check the link below.. It was posted last Aug. 26 and it seems different from what kb experience, it says there's an android player app on the home screen and not inside app world.. Well maybe it was changed and still finalizing.. but for sure OS 2 is just around the air...

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 spotted � Includes Native Email, Android Player, & More! | PocketBerry
    10-08-11 12:33 AM
    Agree. Hope they allow the option to customize tabs. I like the current pb tabs more than folders. However, having both would be great.

Can't wait!!
    Add me to the list of tab likers. I mean, of all the things we've been complaining about for months, have tabs been on the list?!?!??? I don't recall seeing people b*tch about it, so why get rid of it?

Add, remove, rename, and reorder tabs... THAT is what they should be doing. I hope if they have no tabs by default, that tabs will at least be something we can enable in the options menu.

Copying iOS is ********. If I wanted a metoopad I would have bought one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-11 01:10 AM
    The mysterious 99xx silver "porsche design" (wasn't really) phone was the first prototype QNX (BBX) phone.
    Just wondering - the video of the "Porsche Design" phone shows running OS7...
    10-08-11 06:49 AM
    For those who wonders the looks of OS 2 (i guess all of us here), check the link below.. It was posted last Aug. 26 and it seems different from what kb experience, it says there's an android player app on the home screen and not inside app world.. Well maybe it was changed and still finalizing.. but for sure OS 2 is just around the air...

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 spotted � Includes Native Email, Android Player, & More! | PocketBerry
    It looks like the tabs are still there
    10-08-11 01:38 PM
    So now you all can see what I was talking about

No Tabs, folders by dragging, all that good stuff.

First Look: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Developer Beta! | CrackBerry.com
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-18-11 04:30 PM
    Thanks for posting, spot on!

10-18-11 04:35 PM
    For those of you who have played with it; has the promised .mkv support appeared?
    10-18-11 04:47 PM
    So now you all can see what I was talking about

No Tabs, folders by dragging, all that good stuff.

First Look: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Developer Beta! | CrackBerry.com
    Folders suck. Hopefully the OS won't have too many upgrades because I hate that new home screen and don't want to upgrade.

What's the point of having multiple panes if you can't name them?

Pathetic piece of crap, even less to differentiate it from the iDroid junk.
    10-18-11 05:08 PM
    For those of you who have played with it; has the promised .mkv support appeared?
    i just tested an mkv and it says "This file type isn't supported", however it does render a frame as the thumbnail....I bet its simply disabled at the moment.
    10-18-11 05:47 PM
    sounds like OP wasn't bull ****ting about the iOS layout and folders.

i'll now believe all the other things he's said. can't wait!
    10-19-11 12:12 AM
    i just tested an mkv and it says "This file type isn't supported", however it does render a frame as the thumbnail....I bet its simply disabled at the moment.
    Hmm, that's interesting and definatley a step in the right direction considering that up to this point, you wouldn't get a thumbnail image being displayed.
    10-19-11 12:23 AM
198 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD