Just tried out the latest build tonight, looks epic! No more tabs, everything is as Kevin predicted, laid out as iOS. You hold over an icon to move it/drag it onto another to create a folder. Android marketplace is no longer a separate icon, but rather built into App world, it takes a special code to pull them up. Oh, and contrary to what I said before, you can now add any BBM pin to the *NATIVE* BBM app! Not just Playbook to Playbook, so I'm glad someone was listening.

Can't wait for this update!
    09-17-11 01:47 AM
    Huh? And who are you that you have these privileges? Is this BS?
    Laid out as iOS scares me.
    yauchunh likes this.
    09-17-11 01:50 AM
    Check where I live bro, I've seen it all
    Had one in my hand, tried most of the features. 2.0.0.37XX I believe
    09-17-11 01:53 AM
    I hate iOS with a passion. WTF!

True PUSH email since the new rumor is that its not? Silverlight support? Any new RIM/native Apps? Does it have any native TAT Apps?
    Last edited by Blacklac; 09-17-11 at 02:03 AM.
    09-17-11 01:57 AM
    what more could you tell us? what about other im clients? pdfs? is there gonna be a newer version of docs to go? what other "native apps" are being developed?
    09-17-11 02:01 AM
    Some new Print on the go app, the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn stuff is all true, new layout for the email app (which is native btw)

Other than that, looked like the good ol' playbook layout. When I say, like iOS, I mean take the current PlayBook layout, get rid of the tabs, and allow for the creation of folders and movement. There are 0 tabs at the top.
    09-17-11 02:06 AM
    I don't think it was Kevin "predicting" anything. I believe he's seen OS 2.0 and had to sign an NDA. I then think RIM told him he was allowed to talk about a little bit of it so people still had hope. He said there was going to be an update where people would go "sweeeet" and it still isn't here. So unless its coming before 2.0 I'm going to assume he saw 2.0. I know he's pretty damn good when it comes to these things but this one is a little too odd.

/conspiracy theory

Hopefully the 2.0 is coming very soon after DevCon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    noTh1ng and UnknownError507 like this.
    09-17-11 02:07 AM
    Oh, video chat layout has changed too. When you first open, there's a section on the left for your contacts, but the camera opens right away on the right. I thought that was kinda cool, jumps right into action.
    09-17-11 02:08 AM
    Good to hear, I never liked the tabs. Everything sounds pretty awesome.

You've got me pretty excited. Anything else you can remember and share? No details are too small.
    09-17-11 02:38 AM
    As a user with both an iPad2 and a PlayBook, the lack of folders is the thing that annoys me the most about the PlayBook. I don't mind the tabs, but I'd like the option to configure them ala OS 7.
    quik4life and yauchunh like this.
    09-17-11 02:39 AM
    Lucky You... you've been enlightened....

Cant wait for my PB to do all what u described.
    nappp likes this.
    09-17-11 02:45 AM
    Do the apps still work with Bridge the connection? This is important to me as I move around a lot.

What about the keyboard, spellcheck and auto-correct? And how is the Twitter app?
    09-17-11 02:54 AM
    i'll believe all this 2.0 stuff when it's actually installed on my PB. then when it's installed and working on my PB, i'll end up saying, this is what PB should've came with in the first place. i just want RIM to get their $h!t straight already and get back on track.
    UnknownError507 likes this.
    09-17-11 02:54 AM
    Please if possible list the features, inc any new apps. Is the Android Player (summer promise) now rolled into OS 2? (Oct / November promise).

If they are rolling it into one update then I'm so glad we have differencial update feature that was touted as the feature of the last OS update.

Normally an OS update follows a bridge update, I wonder now if everything is on hold until after Devcon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 03:04 AM
    Can you post some pics or video, to show us what it looks like.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    09-17-11 03:33 AM
    Some people would say, "Pics or it didn't happened"
    but for me, I already see enough pics already (leak or so) and just waiting for it to come.
    Nice of u to test it out though.
    09-17-11 04:21 AM
    Wonderful news. Any word on Skype support, and by chance introduction of Chinese input?

Other than that - remember some time ago there was concerns/discussions about the possibility The Upgrade, with many new functionalities introduced, might have impact on the performance of the PlayBook. Did you notice any slowdown or kinda of un-responsiveness?
    09-17-11 04:37 AM
    Just tried out the latest build tonight, looks epic! No more tabs, everything is as Kevin predicted, laid out as iOS. You hold over an icon to move it/drag it onto another to create a folder. Android marketplace is no longer a separate icon, but rather built into App world, it takes a special code to pull them up. Oh, and contrary to what I said before, you can now add any BBM pin to the *NATIVE* BBM app! Not just Playbook to Playbook, so I'm glad someone was listening.

Did you use the java player and Android player.Java Player is supposed to run Email App, BBM App, Calendar App etc. How did you find them?? Were they smooth enough? As smooth as in Blackberry Phones??

What about the Android player.How is the user experience? Did the android apps run smoothly.RIM says that Android app player will be smoothest runtime environment for Android apps.Have they delivered on that??

Please let me know.Thanks in Advance.
    09-17-11 04:51 AM
    Native email and twitter is something I like the sound of! Looking forward to seeing this released and if there's a price cut then I think I might get one!!!
    09-17-11 05:14 AM
    Android marketplace is no longer a separate icon, but rather built into App world, it takes a special code to pull them up.
    So, does it mean that the Apps World will be updated too?... and by describing that the Android Market is no longer a separate icon but as built-in and incorporated into Apps World, so the updated App site is already available and probably need only link to make it live... that's great! at least something nice thing to look forward to since until this very moment, I'm still having this Error ID: 10000...
    09-17-11 05:52 AM
    Kb lucky you,you got a crack @ it,I can't say I'm not a little jelous but I will sit quietly and wait for my updates.Did you happen to notice any type of native sms/mms bridge that will pair with our phones whilst you were poking around? Thanks
    09-17-11 06:07 AM
    why would RIM want to dumb down the QNX? changing the layout to iPad layout will only confirm that this is an iPad wannabe and copying the folder creation method of the iOS is just not cool

IMO...i think the tab layout is awesome especially if they make it possible for user to create new tab or rename existing tabs as they see fit
    elle-ade and shebmiller like this.
    09-17-11 06:17 AM
    why would RIM want to dumb down the QNX? changing the layout to iPad layout will only confirm that this is an iPad wannabe and copying the folder creation method of the iOS is just not cool

IMO...i think the tab layout is awesome especially if they make it possible for user to create new tab or rename existing tabs as they see fit
    Agree. Hope they allow the option to customize tabs. I like the current pb tabs more than folders. However, having both would be great.

Can't wait!!
    shebmiller likes this.
    09-17-11 06:26 AM
    ok, i have read enought, i have yet to see this person post pix, i mean if you habe the new update lets see the pix, dont sell no dreams, post screen shots so we can all see this 2.0 update you have.....
    09-17-11 06:34 AM

If this is true, in that operational of a state, then why isn't it being released until after devcon.... ?

You have 329 posts so that adds a touch more credibility as u obviously post here over time and are willing to put your name on the line. i hope its true.
    09-17-11 06:41 AM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD