I all,

I just took advantage of the Deal of the Day from Cow Boom.com for $99.00 used.

Anyone have bought the same and what was the quality of it when you received?
    01-17-13 09:34 AM
    I've never used or taking advantage of the "deal for today", but I'm hoping the OEM PlayBook Mini Bluetooth Keyboard will be on that list SOON. I need one for my other PlayBook
    01-17-13 10:12 AM
    Ill report once I get it at the house
    01-17-13 10:59 AM
    Dont know how good a deal that is...during Black Friday and Boxing Day up here in Canada..Walmart had the 32GBs on for $118.00..$ 99 seems a bit steep for a 16GB (used)
    01-17-13 11:28 AM
    Dont know how good a deal that is...during Black Friday and Boxing Day up here in Canada..Walmart had the 32GBs on for $118.00..$ 99 seems a bit steep for a 16GB (used)
    Supply and demand, I see all the 32GB HP touchpads on kijiji are between $150 and $200 so the playbook will probably maintain a similar price point in used market for a while.
    01-17-13 11:34 AM
    I am not going to use it for heavy stuff. Cant go wrong for $100 bucks. If it dont look good Ill just send it back
    01-17-13 11:39 AM
    I got my playbook at cowboom when the deal of the day for it was $89 few weeks ago. The condition looks new, didn't really see any major scratches, dents, etc... Its quick & the bridge feature is awesome. I love this thing !
    01-17-13 03:08 PM
    Looks like a grade 5 with no charger. You'll have to shell out at least $30 for a rapid charger. I think most ppl look for grade 8. Think you could do better, like a 32 for $150. Just sayin.
    01-17-13 08:34 PM
    I picked one up last spring from CowBoom, grade 9 and looked brand new. This one is a grade 5, but I've heard elsewhere that many of those lower grade models still are in very good shape. The good news is you have 30 days to return, you'd only lose your shipping (and return shipping) charges.

Since the adapter is not included, I'd suggest getting the rapid charger. If you have Amazon Prime, you can get one either new like-new for around $16.50. If you don't have Prime, you could find another $9 worth of things and get free super saver shipping.
    01-17-13 09:19 PM
    It says it comes with the ac charger so we shall see!
    01-18-13 08:32 AM
    Mine came with the charger
    01-18-13 11:27 AM
    It really should come with charger but "AC adapter and USB cable" were listed as "what's not in the box". Still, really recommend the rapid charger as if the microUSB is not in good condition due to use and it breaks, I think RIM will charge $100 to fix it, so it def won't be a good deal after that. Also, make sure you insert cable correctly with BB logo on top. $16 for the rapid charger is a bargain as it is a $70 accessory. I think I paid about $25 so might pick up another.
    01-18-13 12:21 PM
    will my phone cable and charger work on the PB?

They said it has the ac adapter in the box and it is shipping today
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    01-18-13 02:08 PM
    will my phone cable and charger work on the PB?

They said it has the ac adapter in the box and it is shipping today
    If you leave the playbook off it will charge slowly, with playbook on it will probably maintain or discharge. The playbook chargers are 1.8 amp or 2.0 amp and the phone chargers are usually 0.4 amp to 0.5 amp.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    01-18-13 02:17 PM
    Looks like a grade 5 with no charger. You'll have to shell out at least $30 for a rapid charger. I think most ppl look for grade 8. Think you could do better, like a 32 for $150. Just sayin.
    What does "grade 5" mean? And how do I determine what grade my PB is?
    01-18-13 02:55 PM
    some use and slight wear is what it said
    01-18-13 03:24 PM
    I agree to an extent I just purchased a brand new 64gb for 214 on amazon
    01-18-13 03:35 PM
    Free and easy return with cowboom
    depending on the grade you ordered. but my experience is you will get a better deal on Craigslist depending on your zip code.
    Your playbook should be in good condition (sadly not a lot of use )

Missing charger ? --> rapid charger $ 6.99+SH
    BlackBerry Rapid Charger for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - CowBoom.com
    01-18-13 04:17 PM
    Friend of mine picked up a grade 6. the device looked like new when it arrived. I looked it over multiple times and couldn't find the scratches it said it had. I was very impressed. also you should pick up a rapid charger.

rapid dock
    http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rap...bUvbUpU7866420

rapid charger
    http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rap...bUvbUpU7866420

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-18-13 04:34 PM
    Anyone have experience ordering from Amazon.com to Canada? Do we get charged taxes.
    01-18-13 05:57 PM
    "Grade" is a CowBoom site term indicating condition if used. Look on their site for the explanation of their grading system.

No, don't use a BB phone or generic microUSB cable. Only use PB OEM. Look at the microUSB port when you get the PB. It is almost rectangular instead of trapezoidal. So there are alot of posts with people plugging in with wrong orientation and breaking it. OEM cable should plug in with BB logo up on the fitting. Also, like mentioned, not enough power and will take a long time to charge in standby mode. You would have to turn it off and most don't due to 3 min boot time.

The rapid chargers (dock or cable) use the magnetic charging coupling. So easy you can do it in the dark and charges in 4-5 hours.
    01-18-13 06:47 PM
    I love the rapid charger, I just wish I didn't pay full price for it. Keep in mind that you need to take it out of the case to charge.
    01-18-13 07:50 PM
    "Grade" is a CowBoom site term indicating condition if used. Look on their site for the explanation of their grading system.

No, don't use a BB phone or generic microUSB cable. Only use PB OEM. Look at the microUSB port when you get the PB. It is almost rectangular instead of trapezoidal. So there are alot of posts with people plugging in with wrong orientation and breaking it. OEM cable should plug in with BB logo up on the fitting. Also, like mentioned, not enough power and will take a long time to charge in standby mode. You would have to turn it off and most don't due to 3 min boot time.

The rapid chargers (dock or cable) use the magnetic charging coupling. So easy you can do it in the dark and charges in 4-5 hours.
    Problem has nothing to do with what kind of microUSB , it's design "flaw" , it will eventually broke . so I highly recommend to use the rapid charger or desk stand.
    01-18-13 08:50 PM
    got my Playbook yesterday and it is Brand new I think. the only thing in the box that was opened was the charger.
    they had this rated as 5. Said some scratches and signs of use. NONE ON MINE
    No scratches or anything. Very cool tablet
    01-25-13 11:07 AM