Had it for a month now, had this feeling something was missing. Finally struck me - there's no Memopad. Wait, what, really? OK what could possibly be so technically complex about a native notes app? Maybe for 3.0?

Hm.
    03-25-12 08:14 AM
    Bridge your BlackBerry and watch it appear.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-25-12 08:17 AM
    Also, open the Bridge app on the phone and Press Menu, options, you can choose (one day I will choose the right spelling!) which of the Bridge apps shows on the pb. In other words you can turn some on/off (I do not do Tasks so I have DEselected it).
    pedalshoe and bbfan1040 like this.
    03-25-12 09:27 AM
    No the playbook does not have a native memo app, an oversight I hope RIM will fix soon.

I don't care about bridge, as I dont want to have to pick up my BB phone everytime I want to use my Playbook.
    03-25-12 10:47 AM
    What's wrong with Word to go?
    axllebeer and kbz1960 like this.
    03-25-12 10:53 AM
    AppWorld..
    03-25-12 11:19 AM
    Had it for a month now, had this feeling something was missing. Finally struck me - there's no Memopad. Wait, what, really? OK what could possibly be so technically complex about a native notes app? Maybe for 3.0?

Hm.

You need to take the time and open the "help" app on the playbook.....read the bridge part within it before confirming something
    03-25-12 11:24 AM
    It's hard to tell if the OP has a bb since they never said or filled out their info.
    03-25-12 11:28 AM
    Or, you should just get a BlackBerry
    03-25-12 11:29 AM
    Thanks to the respondants that are not idiotic fanboys. Or apologists.

Of course the PB should have a native memo app. What if the wife wants to use it while I'm at work with my 9930?
    OttawaGabe likes this.
    03-25-12 11:30 AM
    I use evernote for memos. Works fantastic and syncs across devices.
    03-25-12 11:30 AM
    Yes, I use Evernote too. Are any of the apps available any good, does anyone know?
    03-25-12 11:38 AM
    What if the wife wants to use it while I'm at work with my 9930?
    She could always use Word in Docs to go. You guys could download one of the many free note taking apps or purchase a great note app like Groovy Notes.
    03-25-12 11:41 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll dig around.

Don't get me wrong, quite happy with the PB & 9930. But when such a basic app like a Memo Pad is missing, I just don't get it. How bloody hard could that be? Wife should be able to access a shopping list while I'm at work with my phone (that's about all she uses the PB for, sadly).

PB should have a simple memo app that's native, just like the phone does. Even better would be for the two to synch, but I realize that's crazy talk...
    03-25-12 01:12 PM

Don't get me wrong, quite happy with the PB & 9930. But when such a basic app like a Memo Pad is missing, I just don't get it. How bloody hard could that be? Wife should be able to access a shopping list while I'm at work with my phone (that's about all she uses the PB for, sadly).

PB should have a simple memo app that's native, just like the phone does. Even better would be for the two to synch, but I realize that's crazy talk...
    Check out evernote as I mentioned earlier it syncs and gets rave reviews around here. I can check and edit notes from my playbook blackberry or pc and they sync up.
    03-25-12 01:19 PM

No Chinese IME on PB, how difficult it could be? There are a lot small things here and there that could make RIM reputation and market share hurt. Probably RIM doesn't care detail
    03-25-12 01:33 PM

Well for that exact scenario, evernote would be the way to go. she makes a list on the pb, and you have it with you at the store on your 9900 if you need it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 04:20 PM
    Check out evernote as I mentioned earlier it syncs and gets rave reviews around here. I can check and edit notes from my playbook blackberry or pc and they sync up.
    Till you get to the store and realize Evernote on the PB is stuck at the login screen and will not proceed unless you have wifi access.

Evernote is also currently broken after OS2, it works fine in read-only mode or straight entry with no edits. The minute you try to edit, predictive text turns it into a mess.
    03-25-12 04:31 PM
    (1)
    Also, open the Bridge app on the phone and Press Menu, options, you can choose (one day I will choose the right spelling!) which of the Bridge apps shows on the pb. In other words you can turn some on/off (I do not do Tasks so I have DEselected it).
    (2)
    I use evernote for memos. Works fantastic and syncs across devices.
    (3)
    No Chinese IME on PB, how difficult it could be? There are a lot small things here and there that could make RIM reputation and market share hurt. Probably RIM doesn't care detail
    (1) my 9800 doesn't seem to have this option.

(2) Evernote is having issues - I use tasks - works awesome - and is native.

(3) As far as the troll - ...enuf said

I am still learning to seamlessly work between PB and my BB. Getting easier every day. I am totally paperless at home and work. The remote control feature blows people away every day when I do presentations, and with PDF Jotsy I do real time edits to pdf's during the presentations, then email everyone the updates right there in the meeting. Hows that for details!!!!

cheers

03-25-12 05:09 PM
    AppWorld..
    Exactly. There are several, if not more, free notepad apps in App World. I can understand pointing out actual shortcomings in the product, but why whine about something that is such a non-issue as this?
    03-25-12 05:18 PM
    Shame Evernote isn't working right. A big shame. I loved it and use it on every other device, so to discover it won't log in when you're away from wifi was seriously bad. Hopefully there will be a fix soon as I don't want to stop using Evernote as I've built up three years worth of notes in it.
    03-25-12 07:03 PM
    re: selecting which apps to show in bridge.

(1) my 9800 doesn't seem to have this option.

SORRY. Bring up the Bridge app on the phone. Find your CONNECTED Device and Highlight it. Press Menu, Device Properties. In that submenu, you can select which Bridge apps to show.
    03-25-12 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD