Well I was messing with my cousin's Iphone 3g (trying to jailbreak it) and had the most torrid time with it. Each time I switched from cydia or the browser the damn thing stopped downloading. The BB would load a webpage even if you move away from the browser and start playing a game.
    The other issue I had with it was if you click the top button (standby I guess) on the iphone, everything stopped, the webpage loading, software download...it even dropped the data connection from the network. While in the BB I start downloading something and if it's a big file I just put the phone in standby. The downloading continues.
    The worst problem was that as soon as one presses the standby button it drops the data connection (wi-fi) and then reconnects again once you put it on. Drove me wild.There I was thinking that the software is being downloaded, pick it up after 5 min and find that everything is f**king sleeping.
    03-16-11 04:06 AM
    ^+1
    Couldnt agree more!
    03-16-11 04:14 AM
    Let's wait and see what happens with the Playbook. Tablets are still mobile devices and im not surprised you'll get checkered scrolling.
    03-16-11 08:00 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I can understand where you are coming from. In my case I just dont need that type of multitasking. I check my email, then do something else, then something after that.

I do understand those that dont have time for that and I see where the BB would be better suited for that.

However, I do think that in many cases its just a way to take a shot at apple. I have talked to many people that say when they are on their computer they have 8-10 tabs open!! Why would you need that. They just open a tab for every website they go to and flip back and forth.

That seems excessive to me and I guess there are people that do that on the phone they have.

I recently went from a BB 9700 to an iphone and could not be happier. THere was a learning curve but for what I needed it was worth it. Alot of stuff that I cant do on the iphone really didnt matter to me in the long run.

I have nothing bad to say about BB it was a great phone but with me having a Mac and a new baby (videos, picutres) it was a more seamless process to have the iphone.

Again thanks for all the responses.
    03-16-11 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I can understand where you are coming from. In my case I just dont need that type of multitasking. I check my email, then do something else, then something after that.

I do understand those that dont have time for that and I see where the BB would be better suited for that.

However, I do think that in many cases its just a way to take a shot at apple. I have talked to many people that say when they are on their computer they have 8-10 tabs open!! Why would you need that. They just open a tab for every website they go to and flip back and forth.

That seems excessive to me and I guess there are people that do that on the phone they have.

I recently went from a BB 9700 to an iphone and could not be happier. THere was a learning curve but for what I needed it was worth it. Alot of stuff that I cant do on the iphone really didnt matter to me in the long run.

I have nothing bad to say about BB it was a great phone but with me having a Mac and a new baby (videos, picutres) it was a more seamless process to have the iphone.

I usually have at least 4 tabs open. sometimes a lot more. obviously your needs are fewer. live and let live.
    03-16-11 11:40 AM

Also keep in mind multi tasking is useful in several different ways to. If you are writing an email but need to get someones contact you don't have to save it as a draft and open it up again u can just switch to your contacts or jump to a webpage and pull the info. Same goes for texting or copying an address from google maps and sending to a contact. The list can go on and on. A lot of people (including myself) work on the road and having the ability to switch between tasks without having to shut down the app is a great feature, you will notice yourself using it every now and then maybe not as much as others but its still useful
    03-16-11 11:46 AM
    erandhawa...what you just listed you can do on the iphone appswitching/multi-tasking. These are things that I use multitasking for and was curious as to why people disliked the apple system so much.
    03-16-11 12:26 PM
    erandhawa...what you just listed you can do on the iphone appswitching/multi-tasking. These are things that I use multitasking for and was curious as to why people disliked the apple system so much.
    its not hating apple, its the multi-tasking needs a little improvement. I jsut mentioned a few things but it would be nice if all apps functioned the way apple apps do on ios. Some go to a pause state some go to a fake pause state where you have to start fresh again. Don't know why people get so defensive about apple either. I've got 4 iphones and 2 ipads in my house trust me i have nothing against apple. Maybe with the gesture supported multi-tasking things will get better (demos seemed pretty good) as for myself i enjoy my bb and plan on sticking with it tho from time to time i do use my wifes iphone or ipad.
    Also you may see some backlash this is a bb forum there are the people that really hate apple and i am sure apple trolls will thro fits as well (don't know why but fanboys will be fanboys).
    03-16-11 12:34 PM
    Safari sucks monkey ***. I said it. My wife's ipad with os 4.2.1 Safari crashes, I search for text on pages that crashes and just stops letting us type sometimes and the thing lags some to. Not hardware, her ipad with 3.2 was perfect and Safari was impressive for non flash browser. Ipad now on the software sucks.
    Upgrade to 4.3. I just got an iPad 1 and immediately installed 4.3 so I can't compare it to 4.2.1, but it seems to run great and others say Safari was improved by the upgrade.
    03-16-11 12:56 PM

However, I do think that in many cases its just a way to take a shot at apple. I have talked to many people that say when they are on their computer they have 8-10 tabs open!! Why would you need that. They just open a tab for every website they go to and flip back and forth.That seems excessive to me and I guess there are people that do that on the phone they have.

I always have a bunch of windows open on my pc. I'm in business and always have to jump around to different sites and docs (Same on my bb, all be it on a smaller scale.)....I am actually thinking of going to dual or triple monitors because of this and know many, many that already have this setup because they are required to be able to access different things at the same time.
    03-16-11 01:26 PM
    I always have a bunch of windows open on my pc. I'm in business and always have to jump around to different sites and docs (Same on my bb, all be it on a smaller scale.)....I am actually thinking of going to dual or triple monitors because of this and know many, many that already have this setup because they are required to be able to access different things at the same time.
    Highly recommended I always have multiple programs running but use my dual monitor setup along with a laptop on the side so pretty much 3 screens definately helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 01:35 PM
    Do you REALLY want me to list the ways I despise Apple? Trust me, you don't. The list is long.
    03-16-11 01:38 PM
    Do you REALLY want me to list the ways I despise Apple? Trust me, you don't. The list is long.
    I do , i need things to read.
    03-16-11 01:42 PM
    its not hating apple, its the multi-tasking needs a little improvement. I jsut mentioned a few things but it would be nice if all apps functioned the way apple apps do on ios. Some go to a pause state some go to a fake pause state where you have to start fresh again. Don't know why people get so defensive about apple either. I've got 4 iphones and 2 ipads in my house trust me i have nothing against apple. Maybe with the gesture supported multi-tasking things will get better (demos seemed pretty good) as for myself i enjoy my bb and plan on sticking with it tho from time to time i do use my wifes iphone or ipad.
    Also you may see some backlash this is a bb forum there are the people that really hate apple and i am sure apple trolls will thro fits as well (don't know why but fanboys will be fanboys).
    TBH, I'm not anti Apple. I have a Macbook and love it to bits. It just gets things done (I'm in business). Not a windows hater either. I'm what you might call an Advanced Windows User. Been on windows since 94 (Win 3.11) and completely know my way around windows (.ini files, registry etc.). Shifting to the Macbook was a big decision, but I did and after the initial heartache of changing the way you use a computer and getting to grips with the haphazard file system, I fell in love with the Mac and have converted every one I know from Windows to Mac (those who are not programmers or developers obviously). But I'm not blinded by Apple to buy into the "iPhone is Best" tagline. As a communication device it falls short on a number of counts. And BB scores big there.
    Have been able to convert everyone I know to BB, and even a few iPhone users.
    It's funny how I see this debate about BB vs iphone on North American forums, but in India it's BB all the way. I frankly do not know anyone who has an iphone. Everyone has a BB and they are all on BBM from school kids to college kids to business people. Retailers don't even stock the iphone here (except for mac stores and no one in India buys from Mac stores).
    And before anyone goes on about cost, the BB's sold here are mostly high end, Bolds and Torch. Which are at a comparable priceline with the iphone here.
    HTC and Moto android are the other big sellers, but not iphone. Go figure
    03-16-11 01:48 PM
    *edit*
    erandhawa,
    Wasn't really replying to you but took your statement ( in Bold) as an opening for my post to reply about ppl who might think that this is an exclusive apple hate club..
    03-16-11 01:54 PM
    Did you close all applications running in the background?

Seriously, I hope PB's web browser is second to none. It's the main reason why I want this device. (Strangely, RIM hasn't been showing off the web browser much lately, contrary what we've seen from them earlier.)
    I did on the iPad, but I don't know how to do that on the Xoom. The Xoom was running smooth though, so it didn't matter anyways.

While I was critical of the iPad's checkering, I was scrolling really fast to see if it would checker. Slow scrolling would not have been checkering.
    03-16-11 06:46 PM
    Highly recommended I always have multiple programs running but use my dual monitor setup along with a laptop on the side so pretty much 3 screens definately helpful.

Dual monitor is definitely the way to go. Have had dual monitor setups both at work and home for a few years, can't go back. Usually have a many apps running as well as many browser tabs.

My personal laptop isn't the greatest however. Not to mention when I travel, I don't carry a extra monitor with me . So it really sucks when I have deal with only just the native screen.

Although both my laptops, work and personal, will support only one additional monitor. Not two plus the native screen. What laptop do ya have that has this ability? Maybe I missunderstood your meaning.

Last edited by Craterz; 03-16-11 at 08:36 PM.
    03-16-11 08:34 PM
    Dual monitor is definitely the way to go. Have had dual monitor setups both at work and home for a few years, can't go back. Usually have a many apps running as well as many browser tabs.

My personal laptop isn't the greatest however. Not to mention when I travel, I don't carry a extra monitor with me . So it really sucks when I have deal with only just the native screen.

Although both my laptops, work and personal, will support only one additional monitor. Not two plus the native screen. What laptop do ya have that has this ability? Maybe I missunderstood your meaning.

My bad should've clarified I use a desktop with dual monitors since I have several programs and browser running and even with the dual I need more space so I use my laptop and open things I don't need to access on that do using 3 monitors but 2 pcs only at crucial times can't justify buying another monitor just yet

03-16-11 08:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD