Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By diegonei
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just had a perfectly reasonable Skype voice call on the playbook using imo.im

Using imo.im
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

ooVoo works well for voice calls also.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the tip and definitely have to agree! i've been looking for a reliable workaround for Skype Calls. imo.im worked well for me, i did noticed i had a bit of lag sometimes which is weird because i have a very good connection, but it worked very good overall so totally recommend everyone to use it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It can be ok, but no longer supports video, bare in mind you both have to use IMO.

On the PB screen, the web based rendering makes settings very hard to set also. Too tiny.
    CrackBerry User

How did you get oovoo to work? Did you sideload an android app?
    Thanks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen007 View Post
    How did you get oovoo to work? Did you sideload an android app?
    Thanks.
    Yeah. Install DDPB from here

When ready, here is the link to ooVoo

Be aware that the video calling doesn't work. Only the voice calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmar View Post
    It can be ok, but no longer supports video, bare in mind you both have to use IMO.

On the PB screen, the web based rendering makes settings very hard to set also. Too tiny.
    What are you talking about? My mom called me via Skype from her Defy and I answered on the PlayBook with imo.im...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

akavbb likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks. It's now on my pb.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Hi guys,
    Can you tell me if imo.im works with conference calls? I don't need video, but I need group calls.
    thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    What are you talking about? My mom called me via Skype from her Defy and I answered on the PlayBook with imo.im...
    Imo.im video calls only work if the other user is on imo.im. It sends a link for the user to open imo.im in browser and then the video call works.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and we'll see...

Where can i get imo.im?
    Appworld says unavailable for my profile.
    Thanks
    There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    Imo.im video calls only work if the other user is on imo.im. It sends a link for the user to open imo.im in browser and then the video call works.
    True. But for the majority of business users, voice calls over Skype is more than enough. Consumers are the ones whining about video calls.

Not that they're not welcome... Not that at all. I too could use full Skype on the PlayBook.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

imo.im was slow for me and the people I've had conversations with said they kept hearing echo and feedback, but I do admit its better than being skype-less. Still can't believe Skype completely ignored this platform.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inamar View Post
    imo.im was slow for me and the people I've had conversations with said they kept hearing echo and feedback, but I do admit its better than being skype-less. Still can't believe Skype completely ignored this platform.
    When any company partners with Microsoft the traditional outcome as been "morning after regret" on the part of the company. Microsoft left the bed hours earlier with your money and intellectual property.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have imo but it dosnt have the link to skype .has all other ones. Please someone help me get skype
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hope the moderator will close this outdated thread. Skype is DEAD for the PB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts

Skype is never been dead to PlayBook...

It just said "coming soon"... but never been arrived...

Posted via CB10