Hi-
    My old 64GB PB took a bath, thanks to my sweet little son.
    So I found one on ebay for $75. It is in pretty good shape I think.
    It has been "wiped". It is getting a SW update right now.
    The thing is:: unlike the new-in-a-box one that this is replacing, it has no pre-loaded apps. No camera app. Not even BB world. The only icons are Browser and Setup.
    Dumb question: where/how do I get the apps back? I like the weather app, the camera, etc...
    Thanks in advance.

BTW the old one is still drying out in a bag of rice. I don't see any more bubbles under the screen. At some point I may try to connect it to my pc and back up anything I can. That worked with my water damaged curve a couple of times before the screen died completely.
    11-27-13 12:41 PM
    Hi-
    The thing is:: unlike the new-in-a-box one that this is replacing, it has no pre-loaded apps. No camera app. Not even BB world. The only icons are Browser and Setup.
    Dumb question: where/how do I get the apps back? I like the weather app, the camera, etc...
    Thanks in advance.

BTW the old one is still drying out in a bag of rice. I don't see any more bubbles under the screen. At some point I may try to connect it to my pc and back up anything I can. That worked with my water damaged curve a couple of times before the screen died completely.
    Everything should re-appear/reinstall after the OS updates.

c
    milo53 likes this.
    11-27-13 01:16 PM
    Hi-
    Thanks in advance.

It will, listen to the lizard he knows what he's talking about. Oh and by the way he is a knight? That means he is Sir Lizard to you when you thank him?
    11-27-13 02:05 PM
    Hi-
    Thanks in advance.

I found them for you!

Just got a "new" (used) 64GB PB but it has no apps on it?-image.jpg
    11-27-13 02:24 PM
    I found them for you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	224833
    really poor attempt.
    11-27-13 02:59 PM
    really poor attempt.
    I have a PB, the apps aren't much better.
    11-28-13 01:28 PM
    Hi-
    Thanks in advance.

Good luck with the drying process. I managed to dunk me and a Canon S70 in a creek. Water drained out of the battery compartment, lcd was a mess. Removed battery and sdcard. We were driving for about 4 hours and I hung it in front of the air conditioner with battery compartment open and rotated it quite frequently. Then layed it out in hot sun for another hour or two. Thing worked flawlessly for the rest of the trip and since. I was amazed.
    11-28-13 01:42 PM
    After the OS updates, open BlackBerry World and reinstall available apps. I'm assuming that you would have logged in with your BlackBerry ID or created one.
    11-28-13 02:21 PM
    split the case as there's nothing to lose and let it dry out properly, in theory it should resurrect as the voltages are low but the digitisers normally cease to work if its anything like every other phone out there..
    11-28-13 05:03 PM
    I have a PB, the apps aren't much better.
    I honestly beg to differ.
    Attached Thumbnails Just got a "new" (used) 64GB PB but it has no apps on it?-uploadfromtaptalk1385690495596.jpg  
    11-28-13 08:02 PM
    That is the most organised playbook I've ever seen, you've just give me a reason to mess around with mine.

Posted via CB10
    bloodyrek likes this.
    11-29-13 03:20 PM