just got my 16gb(short on money) playbook and im at a loss of words. i love it. i wirk for verizon wireless and played around with the ipad and xoom and this thing blows them out if the water. typing is so much easier due to the smaller size. this thing rocks . screen clarity although not as good as my new 9930 but its better pixels per inch the xoom or ipad2. internet is fast and barely any checker board. the best highlight is upgrading and downloading apps, it takes seconds instead of hours compared to the bb phones. typing this right now almost as fast as on my bold, smooth and 7 inch screen is just perfect, i thought it was going to be too small. definitely 499$ spent wisely, and crackberry was the first site i went to since it takes forever to load and is a good test site. the only issue i ran into is using the bbm over bridge, it tells me my blackberry bridge plug in for bb messenger doesn't exist. i'll try to figure it out. overall amazing new toy.
    yauchunh likes this.
    08-24-11 07:09 PM
    i personally say " welcome "
    08-24-11 07:13 PM
    overall amazing new toy.
    Business device please...
    08-24-11 08:00 PM
    Business toy... Welcome...
    08-24-11 08:09 PM
    it is amazing. now treat yourself to a nice treat and dl deadspace.
    08-24-11 08:37 PM
    congrats. imo, the ux is much smoother and responsive than android honeycomb.

regarding your bbm problemm you just need to update the bbm app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 08:43 PM
    thanks for all the welcome. so far used it for only a day, but its only growing on me. i've been following these forums since it came out, and i gotta say there are a lot of complainers out there, or maybe they just havent used the xoom, because there is no comparison.

as for apps , so far i got e-phone, and a few basic apps, but saw the deadspace videos and downloading it soon. kindle app cant come soon enough.

and as far as business or a toy,i,ll be using it more for business then than for for fun. but i do have an hour commute on every day on the train and now can't wait to take the train, as bad as it sounds.

enjoy your playbooks fellas, things are only gonna get better from here on.

-mikhail
    batboris likes this.
    08-24-11 11:11 PM
    now you gonna have to download this 5 important/useful apps
    1.Epixhd-check if your cable company is supported.
    2.photoeditor-really cool photo editor.
    3.slidemaker-for making slide shows with music and other cool stuff.
    4.deadspace-best game on the pb so far.
    5.poynt
    08-25-11 12:18 AM
    Welcome to the family. Leave your moaning at the door and bring constructive criticism and/or suggestions to the table.
    08-25-11 01:55 AM
    welcome aboard!

I think in some ways now is a good time to be getting into the playbook, the updates so far have added some nice features to the device, the new bridge is great

just gotta wait and see on that whole os2 rumour... on second thoughts best not to call it os2 *shudders*
    08-25-11 02:32 AM
    Even better for you is that the PlayBook as it exists now is significantly better than it was at release. There have been several patches that have greatly improved the bridge and browser. In fact the new update today makes it where pretty much any app should be able to use the bridge data connection for web access.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD