All I can say is wow this thing is so smooth if bb 10 is anything like the playbook os they have a winner here was going to stick with my galaxy tab 7+ but after buying my playbook the galaxy tab went back tonight sorry if there is already a post about new pb owners just very happy with this device and wanted to say hi. Also just hoping that we get some app love would love a real Google talk app for there video chat or Skype would work. But I'm happy
    dusdal and PondHockey like this.
    07-03-12 11:51 PM
    congrats! welcome to the PB family. For instant messaging, i use IM+... no skype video though.
    07-04-12 12:00 AM
    If you're running OS2.0+...you're essentially running a baby BB10.

BB10 will bring new features and new skin, but the core will largely remain the same.
    07-04-12 12:13 AM
    Welcome! Glad you're liking the PB... I've had mine since Oct of last year and it still rocks!

Grab a seat and enjoy the forums.. User Guides are clickable below my signature..
    07-04-12 12:21 AM
    A must read thread for newbie PB owners.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-04-12 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the welcomes. So as far as I can tell the only way to video chat would be if I knew someone that had a playbook also right?
    07-04-12 12:25 AM
    That is true. So buy another one for a family member and have fun!

I use my second PB to spy on my parrots when I'm not in the room ..
    PondHockey and usedberry like this.
    07-04-12 12:27 AM
    Thanks for the welcomes. So as far as I can tell the only way to video chat would be if I knew someone that had a playbook also right?
    Yep thats correct. No skype either.
    07-04-12 12:27 AM

LOL hahhahaa
    07-04-12 12:34 AM
    You can Web chat. If you have facebook, you could use airtime.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-works-728342/
    07-04-12 12:40 AM
    AV by AOL. Video Chat for up to 4 parties. No fees. Check it out. Works with the PlayBook.
    07-04-12 08:02 AM
    I hope you enjoy the PlayBook. There are a lot of very informitive videos here!
    07-04-12 08:04 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of PlayBook Lots of haters of PB, just dont mind them, they are losers!
    07-04-12 08:15 AM
    NO. While the VideoChat app on the pb requires the same on another pb, there are other apps including ReelPortal for the pb and other platforms that allows video chat. Others have found some browser sites that also allow video chat, I believe.

edited to add: I see others beat me to the punch with replies.
    07-04-12 09:53 AM

Parrots? Yay!! I have a Sun Conure that I adore. Never thot of getting a 2nd pb to spy on him (as in he already chewed up a bb charger) - good idea.
    carter17 likes this.
    07-04-12 10:06 AM

Wow, a justifications to buy a new PB, as a baby cam.
    07-04-12 11:31 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of PB. The pb is the best and I will say it is addictive. You will carry the pb with you wherever you go. I've had mine for several months and I use it more than my desktop pc. The dynamics of this tablet is cool. Many customers and friends who witness this tablet have bought one. I hope you enjoy your pb as much as I have mine. Again, welcome aboard.
    07-04-12 11:33 AM
    Welcome aboard to an exciting journey
    07-04-12 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD