Dont forget your micro HDMI cable to connect with TV, and if you use Google Chrome, the ad in to side load android apps
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 04:43 AM
    Got you mate. I'm gonna be playing with this toy for a while to come. BB Bridge is awesome! Didnt realise BBM was possible on the PB too. Updating Need for Speed right now to version 2.3.

I'm in heaven. My colleague here who's got a BB 9790 but uses an Ipad is kinda jealous co i got BBM on here.
    11-08-12 05:54 AM
    Snugg Blackberry Playbook Squared Skinny Fit Protective: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Got one of these for my PB.. Very robust , better than the official one
    I mentioned I ordered one of these. Arrived today.

Superb! Much better fit and feels great. Top recommendation!
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 06:34 AM
    Hi All, just thought best to add here rather than start a whole new thread.

I picked up a 32Gb version for my Mum a while back as she's a complete technophobe and she's been loving it. Then when the price went to �129 for the 64Gb version, well, that was too good an opportunity to pass up

Absolutely loving it thus far, stuck a journal case on it and of course a screen protector. Now I'll be spending some quality time on here for tips and tricks.

The apps seem almost infinite (and that's supposed to be a poor number compared to some other tablets? )

Cheers All
    Graham:-)
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 07:48 AM
    Got mine long time ago and after relatives and friends saw me using it (primarily when travelling), they also ordered it for them. Although all have ipads, they like the small size, bridge, browsing, films quality and the incredibly cheap price for a 64gb tablet. Four more happy pb owners
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 08:56 AM
    Black B_G, that is a steal for the price you paid. Congratulations.
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 07:29 PM
    It's an awesome deal. I'm tempted to pick up the 64GB version to replace my 16GB one. An early Christmas gift for myself
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-08-12 08:23 PM
    This thing is dope. Wifey was feeling the ipad mini but now wants this. The fact that i can surf the web via bridge is genius. Not having to get an extra sim card and thus an additional expense or be limited only wifi is such a winner. I'm a lil afraid that my laptop is gonna get kinda lonely. Gaming on it is brilliant too.. graphics are really, really good. I'm very impressed and totally looking forward to BB10 now.

Sent from my Black.. and now your girl ain't going back.
    11-09-12 01:38 AM
    I got 64gb on Sunday and so far I have been enjoying it. the browser is fast, good picture quality, the hd games are amazing currently playing mm9 and modern combat3 they are very awesome. u guys should play it. I live in a country where internet connection is expensive (nigeria) and bridging with the bb with no extra cost only my bis monthly tokken I only have one thing to say THANK U RIM:thumbup:
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 07:28 AM
    I hear you mate.. I live in London but I am Nigerian too so I know where you're coming from. Rock on..
    11-09-12 07:40 AM
    I've just been to PC World and picked up a 64GB PlayBook and a BlackBerry leather sleeve for �138.99. This deal also comes with �80 cashback which u claim for online and can be redeemed in January 2013. Basically its cost me �60 for the lot. PC World also gave me a voucher with my receipt which gives me 20% off a set of headphones.
    I cant begin to explain how happy i am with this purchase especially with money being tight at the moment.
    Its a great bit of kit and i cant wait to get it bridged to my phone.
    Also special mention to the gentleman who sold me the device who did not try and force me on to anything else and waxed lyrical about the bridge capabilities upon seeing my phone. A refreshing change to some of the horror stories i read on here from our transatlantic cousins.

You would be silly not to buy one at these prices especially if you're running a BB phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 08:54 AM
    Got a link for the cashback?

That sounds amazing!
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 08:56 AM
    That's a brilliant deal dude.. couldn't come at a better time of the year.

Enjoy..
    11-09-12 09:22 AM
    If you visit the PC world website the cashback details are advertised. in my case because i bought a case with the tablet it entitles me to �80 cashback which u can claim for 30 days after purchase.

I cant wait to get the thing set up and im sure my fellow BB brothers and sisters on crackberry will help me along the way.

One thing i will say about the PlayBook is that considering it was the cheapest tablet in the store it looked and felt the most premium device when displayed next to the nexus and kindle fire tablets. Considering how for the majority of us times are hard financially, it seems vulgar to pay near on �300 for the likes of the ipad mini when i imagine it only does the same as the PlayBook. Im absolutely over the moon with this purchase.

anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 09:42 AM
    Unless I'm mistaken - its �10 cashback

The UK
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 09:58 AM
    yep you're right! think i got carried away with the bargain buying! still a great purchase though . . .

anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 10:12 AM
    Yep just got back from PCWorldCurrys found out they have merged today.I also saw a comet shop on the way which is quite a sight.

Anyway yep just copd me the 64gb version didnt take the cashback deal didnt wanna pay the prices of the cases.Was gonna stall the purchase to around Xmas sales time but had a word view a few guys that worked in there they pretty much said that this was the fire sale clearance price.Only the higher price tech gear will go down 10-30 pound anything around PB price will not get a price drop.

So that was a nice push for what teh price is ridiculous steal.Anyway wont open the PB until I get cases and whatnot and then probably wont open it till xmas.I think aquiring it before missing out on the steal price was a good move.Dont wanna be one of those people saying damn playbook is now getting media hype why did'nt I purchase it at that low price.Now I have to pay the reissued price.

Dont wanna be one of those guys. See you guys around got info threads to view.
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-09-12 02:55 PM
    How do I claim the �10 tho? Might as well and use it towards a nice case. I love the one that comes with the phone tho. No bulk at all.

Edit: Seem's like it was only available if used for a case at the time.

Was gonna get the journal case but decided to check amazon.co.UK and found the faux leather convertible case for only �12.10 instead of the journal case for 29.99 from pc world. It's basically the journal case but with the extra functionality of converting into a stand.

Not sure why people say no apps for the playbook. So far I've downloaded words with friends, angry birds, kindle app, official twitter app, imdb, BBC application, cnn application, linkedin, trip advisor, scoremobile, photo editor, Google maps, trillian, tmz app, run in crowd, shazam etc.. The android applications so run beautifully on the playbook u won't even know they were android applications. One of my colleagues has decided he would buy this instead of the dedicated kindle app for his wife after seeing it on mine. Btw.. They're all free. You can get them at goodereader.com
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 11-11-12 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added info
    11-10-12 03:14 AM
    finally finally finally got my playbook today, 64gb for 129 at pcworld, so happy and excited and i can't wait to get it all up and running with my bold 9790! its so good just having it in my hand already
    11-11-12 12:41 PM
    finally finally finally got my playbook today, 64gb for 129 at pcworld, so happy and excited and i can't wait to get it all up and running with my bold 9790! its so good just having it in my hand already
    Enjoy it. Check out the free Air browser for file management. Ghost Commander, an android app in appworld is another free file manager. Files&folders is a terrific pay file manager.
    11-11-12 12:56 PM
    Not sure why people say no apps for the playbook. So far I've downloaded words with friends, angry birds, kindle app, official twitter app, imdb, BBC application, cnn application, linkedin, trip advisor, scoremobile, photo editor, Google maps, trillian, tmz app, run in crowd, shazam etc.. The android applications so run beautifully on the playbook u won't even know they were android applications. One of my colleagues has decided he would buy this instead of the dedicated kindle app for his wife after seeing it on mine. Btw.. They're all free. You can get them at goodereader.com
    What Official Twitter app do you have? Do you have to convert the files from that website to BAR files to sideload !?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 01:23 PM
    Looking to get a couple of these for family members. Would appreciate someone answering the below questions...

Can you video chat with them? If so, using what app...? BBM?

Also, is anyone using Skype on the PB yet?

Are there plenty of good Blackberry apps that are considered good learning tools for kids around the age of six?

Will it take BB10 when it arrives?

Thanks crackberries
    11-11-12 05:45 PM
    I got my 64G PlayBook from Currys / PC World for �129, too - had it a month or two, now though.

Still happy - got two other Android tabs for comparison / complementary use. Disappointed in the Kindle app support, by now I was hoping for better than an aging port of an old-ish version of the Android app that doesn't yet support whispersync of personal documents.

I bought this case, which I have to say is a bargain for the price. Not completely perfect - using it as a stand is OK on a flat surface, but more unstable on, say, your knee whilst sat down. My Android tabs are 10" and also sport cheap folio cases with stands, and as they work a little differently, they can be quite stable whilst perched on your knee.

I've got a couple of those Snugg cases, too (whilst they were 99p on Amazon) and a couple of different kinds of official BlackBerry branded cases (leather sleeve, and zip neoprene type one) that were being sold on Amazon really cheaply a while back. As much as I've got a selection of different cases to use with my PlayBook, I've stuck with the bargain-tastic Amazon folio type case I linked to above.

One of the cool things I've found about my PlayBook - bluetooth tethering with a 3G handset - whereas I've had problems with WiFi tethering of my Android tablets and my handset (Nokia N8) the PlayBook's bluetooth tethering is excellent.
    11-12-12 06:17 AM
    Looking to get a couple of these for family members. Would appreciate someone answering the below questions...

Can you video chat with them? If so, using what app...? BBM?

Also, is anyone using Skype on the PB yet?

Are there plenty of good Blackberry apps that are considered good learning tools for kids around the age of six?

Will it take BB10 when it arrives?

Thanks crackberries
    Some answers: It has its own Video Chat app that works BETWEEN pb's.

No skype.

BB10 is suppose to come after rim releases the new phones - that's a wait and see!

Don't know about children's apps.
    11-12-12 09:56 AM
    It's the Android Twitter app. Already converted to a .bar file and it's on goodereader.com
    11-13-12 05:13 AM
50 12