I felt so right decideing that RIM had let me down and was doomed to fail when I handed sprint back my PB...I did an even exchange of the Samsung 10.1 to my PB and as I started to fiddle with it...I noticed it was not as intuitive as my PB. Furthermore, I felt bad for not going with the underdog (RIMM) at this point. My question in all of this is if anyone can see Rim surviving the battering it has taken on the market and the feasibility of 2.0 being what is promised. I bought my playbook on what was promised (bbm, etc.) and assumed that the word processor would have a basic spell checker....I'm regretting getting rid of my PB because it felt so much better in my hand, and Rim is the underdog, and etc, etc.

Any advice?

(I can do an exchange back....I'm just looking for reasons)
    10-03-11 09:16 PM
    I felt so right decideing that RIM had let me down and was doomed to fail when I handed sprint back my PB...I did an even exchange of the Samsung 10.1 to my PB and as I started to fiddle with it...I noticed it was not as intuitive as my PB. Furthermore, I felt bad for not going with the underdog (RIMM) at this point. My question in all of this is if anyone can see Rim surviving the battering it has taken on the market and the feasibility of 2.0 being what is promised. I bought my playbook on what was promised (bbm, etc.) and assumed that the word processor would have a basic spell checker....I'm regretting getting rid of my PB because it felt so much better in my hand, and Rim is the underdog, and etc, etc.

Any advice?

Do what feels right. Nobody here knows for sure when PB will get everything that you are asking for. As for me I love my PB as is.
    10-03-11 09:22 PM
    I've push myself to try Android phones in the past but I always end up going back to my BlackBerry. Android tablet is no exception. I love my PlayBook and can't wait for the QNX phones to come out. Hopefully more apps will come then.
    10-03-11 09:26 PM
    Being a Canadian, i believe in shop & support local. I've had my PB for 3 weeks now provided to my by work and I love it! I fully support RIM and you show me a company that hasn't gone through the same crap, even apple! You show me a tablet that does HD recordings! I wish you luck on your final decision. Good luck.
    10-03-11 09:32 PM
    I'm content with my PB as is especially since I bridge with my Torch 9850, I couldn't be happier.
    10-03-11 09:37 PM
    Get your Playbook back and ditch that Storm for a 99xx! You will understand the experience better. Bridging to an OS7 device is awesome.
    10-03-11 09:41 PM
    Oh, the word processor does have spell check and word substitution....but yeah, its not the best system. With the PB now cheaper, it might be the better deal. But yeah, its all up to you. What works best for you? Do whats right for you.

I would say that between the two, its all form factor. I love the fact I can put the Playbook in my jeans back pocket and bridge is nice as you can just bbm and check email without even worrying about your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 09:48 PM
    when i bought my PB, set it up and explore, i thought i made a wrong decision buying it. its been 4 days since i buy my PB and i'm lovin' it thinking it's the right tablet for me. bridge my bold, surf the internet almost like surfing on your pc, watch streaming videos anywhere in my house, check my mail, calendar and goggle for researching even outside without wifi, thanks for the bridge this are all possible. carrying this so handy PB everyday. i'm happy that makes me decide not to return or swap it. actually i'm looking to get and find a 2nd PB. whatever makes you happy.
    10-03-11 11:22 PM

Any advice?

The PB has a spell checker.
    10-03-11 11:34 PM
    I am happy with my playbook.You will be happy with your choice at some point.
    10-04-11 07:42 AM
    I bought my playbook on what was promised (bbm, etc.) and assumed that the word processor would have a basic spell checker

What is the exchange policy? From the statement above, is sounds like you had the PB since day 1. If you've only had it a week or so, you need to keep it longer then that. I've had mine for a week and 2 days now, and also picked up a Galaxy Tab 8.9 last Friday. I honestly have to force myself to use the 8.9. I just can't find what it can do better then my PB. I feel bad because I bought the 8.9, and it just sits there. I'm trying to find a way to use it but just can't.

The PlayBook will grow on you the longer you have it. It's by my side now as much as my phone is, and that's all the time.
    10-04-11 08:08 AM
    What is the exchange policy? From the statement above, is sounds like you had the PB since day 1. If you've only had it a week or so, you need to keep it longer then that. I've had mine for a week and 2 days now, and also picked up a Galaxy Tab 8.9 last Friday. I honestly have to force myself to use the 8.9. I just can't find what it can do better then my PB. I feel bad because I bought the 8.9, and it just sits there. I'm trying to find a way to use it but just can't.

The PlayBook will grow on you the longer you have it. It's by my side now as much as my phone is, and that's all the time.
    Take the 8.9 back. No use in throwing money away like that unless you got a killer deal on it.
    10-04-11 08:28 AM
    Take the 8.9 back. No use in throwing money away like that unless you got a killer deal on it.
    I probably will. I'm stuck with a Best Buy gift card, otherwise I wouldn't have got the 8.9. Not too mention I already have an Asus Transformer. I just like new gadgets. I'll probably take the PB back to Staples, return the 8.9 and get the PB at Best Buy.

I feel like I'm on a search for a tablet that I will actually use, and so far the PB is the one I find myself using the most.
    10-04-11 08:37 AM
    Any advice?

I totally see them surviving the current state of affairs, including their stock roaring back over the next year as the doubters realize the report of RIM's death was an exaggeration.

I expect 2.0 will be a significant improvement, though I'm completely prepared to be disappointed in at least several ways. Anyone expecting it to be perfect is a fool...

The 2.0 release (along with the NDK) should lay the foundation in some ways for other things to come in later releases. It's not like 2.0 has to provide everything all at once... it just needs native email (so we can please stfu about that), some bug fixes (please please please fix the video recording glitch), some usability improvements (app folders, sure, and maybe improved bookmark management, though since we can bookmark to the Home Screen I think the folder thing will suffice for the bookmarks too), drivers for gyro and compass, and a handful of big-name apps of some kind to start making a real difference in that area (and so we can please stfu about it).

Things that can follow include USB host mode support (no way 2.0 includes that), printing, LTE, and a zillion other things. I do have high hopes for BBM in the 2.0 release, but any mention of that was noticeably absent in Mike's words in the earnings call, so I'm prepare to be disappointed on that front and expect to see it delivered shortly after.

It's not like they're going to abandon this product any time soon. They simply can't and maintain any credibility. The haters would love it though, but only because it would give them more reasons to jump on RIM ("RIM cancelled the product so soon! Liars! Swindlers!") even though it's exactly what the haters have been demanding for months now (and even before it was released, of course, which goes to show how much we should value their opinions).

Even if the current promotion, and holiday sales to follow, don't triple the installed base, RIM won't even consider ditching the PlayBook at least until after the first generation of QNX phones is out.

I think most people who have used the PlayBook for a while would agree that the general feel of it (hw and sw) is excellent, and that the experience is sufficiently good that you could say make some improvements and the product will have a very long (and ultimately successful) life in the marketplace.

So, your choice, but if you don't go grab one while they're on sale, you may feel like kicking yourself in a few weeks. Just be a bit realistic: 2.0 won't do everything you want, and RIM won't be back to $60 any time soon. (But you'll like 2.0, and the stock won't stay where it is much longer either...)
    10-04-11 08:39 AM
    So many hours reading here ... and I missed this ?
    Where is / what app does spellchecking (ahum, in French ?)
    10-04-11 08:39 AM
    Being a Canadian, i believe in shop & support local. I've had my PB for 3 weeks now provided to my by work and I love it! I fully support RIM and you show me a company that hasn't gone through the same crap, even apple! You show me a tablet that does HD recordings! I wish you luck on your final decision. Good luck.
    That's a good idea and I also try to do that but I also get what I like and right now that is a Canadian product. The funny thing is these days things are made out of the country the company is based in. I wonder where RIM would be if everyone only bought things from the country they live in?

The shame here is it's hard to find anything made here anymore.
    10-04-11 08:53 AM
    I probably will. I'm stuck with a Best Buy gift card, otherwise I wouldn't have got the 8.9. Not too mention I already have an Asus Transformer. I just like new gadgets. I'll probably take the PB back to Staples, return the 8.9 and get the PB at Best Buy.

I feel like I'm on a search for a tablet that I will actually use, and so far the PB is the one I find myself using the most.
    I hear ya. I like new toys also. Sounds like a good plan
    10-04-11 09:01 AM
    In some apps it is more complete while in other apps it merely points out a word is questionable but offers no assistance. And in the browser it does not do what some refer to as autotext. That is where it enters the apostrophe in words like "dont" making it "don't" and capitalize the first letter in a new sentence or capitalize "i" when it stands alone. And I realize some think that pointing out the misspelling is sufficient and it might be but moving the cursor around to fix typos is not easy - at least, I do not find it easy. I do wish/hope that these issues are addressed in OS2. We shall see.
    10-04-11 09:38 AM
    To clarify. I bought it at sprint (before they changed their exchange policy) - 30 days.

Samsung TEN-ONE (not 8) (499.99) - Playbook (499.99) x exchange = no charge.
    I bought it on 6 SEP and exchanged it on 3 OCT.

I no longer have my storm...I stopped posting here when I dumped it. I have the Samsung epic 4g. I wanted my bbm back...I wanted some of the things that are unique to blackberry back...and I didn't get it. But. I realize that RIMM just had to eat 499.99 because Sprint is sending it back to them. They do not refurbish playbooks...and given RIMM's stocks and situation. I feel like I missed supporting them.
    10-04-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD