First of all, before you guys call me whatever you want to call me for this, keep in mind that I AM indeed a blackberry guy. I've had the 7100t/8320/9000/9700/9900 and now my Z10. In between those, I picked up a 64GB playbook (aka dust collector since I got my Z10)

What exactly is missing from the playbook that we wanted BB10 on it for? Sure, Thor boned us all (and keep in mind, I was generally excited for BB10 to release for my PB) when he mistakenly "promised" that 10 would be the new OS.

Here's how I kept myself calm during it:

1. Yes, there's no HUB on PB 2.1. I do not use my BB10 for email, I used my phones before. Do enough people use their tablet for email to make a case as to why?

2. Android sideloading is already cooked into the PB. Sure, it's not Jelly Bean, like is due out for 10.2, but it works nonetheless.

3. I barely use the playbook since I got my Z10, I wasn't sure if I would pick it back up with the release of BB10 for it, anyway.

4. It still plays the same media that it would have if BB10 would have come out.

Any other input? I'm not trying to defend them for stiffing us, and it is pretty frustrating... but what are we really missing besides the hub? It's just as "customizable" as the BB10 phones, as in terms of practically nothing (as of the time I type this).
    07-07-13 11:37 AM
    I miss my fully functional bridge. I think people assume that if BB PB upgraded to BB10 then it would be easier to link the bridge properly. In addition, Dev's will not want to spend their time to bring new apps to PB if BB isn't even going to update it. It makes me sad as I like my PB but I use it less since I got the Z 10 as well. Not having Jelly bean,as you mention above,will mean fewer apps will be able to be ported to BB so easily as Android apps update to Jelly Bean, meaning PB is essentially dead in the water until the battery runs out... literally. (okay maybe figuratively.. but you get the point)
    07-07-13 11:46 AM
    CEO made the promise to bring bb10 to playbook and that's why people are flipping.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Gugui1969 likes this.
    07-07-13 11:46 AM
    I only wish they would release the bb10 browser on the playbook, I couldn't care less about other bb10 features on it

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    07-07-13 11:50 AM
    the PIM clients are slow as crap on the PB. The browser has and always will be worse than other mobile browsers. app/games will not get updated now and many will never come (netflix, hulu, skype, etc).

Now all of the above is my opinion for the most part but putting OS 10 on there would pretty much fix all of that. Plus the company has been promising better things to come and BB10 for the PB for over a year. Even with BB10 on the PB it wont magically make it into a best selling tablet and with lack of RAM it wont run great either IMO but following thru with promises is something that the RIM of old was known for and now it continues under its new persona of BB.
    07-07-13 12:12 PM
    First of all, before you guys call me whatever you want to call me for this, keep in mind that I AM indeed a blackberry guy. I've had the 7100t/8320/9000/9700/9900 and now my Z10. In between those, I picked up a 64GB playbook (aka dust collector since I got my Z10)

What exactly is missing from the playbook that we wanted BB10 on it for? Sure, Thor boned us all (and keep in mind, I was generally excited for BB10 to release for my PB) when he mistakenly "promised" that 10 would be the new OS.

1. Yes, there's no HUB on PB 2.1. I do not use my BB10 for email, I used my phones before. Do enough people use their tablet for email to make a case as to why?

2. Android sideloading is already cooked into the PB. Sure, it's not Jelly Bean, like is due out for 10.2, but it works nonetheless.

3. I barely use the playbook since I got my Z10, I wasn't sure if I would pick it back up with the release of BB10 for it, anyway.

4. It still plays the same media that it would have if BB10 would have come out.

Any other input? I'm not trying to defend them for stiffing us, and it is pretty frustrating... but what are we really missing besides the hub? It's just as "customizable" as the BB10 phones, as in terms of practically nothing (as of the time I type this).
    Sir, I take my hat off to you and must congratulate you on having firstly the courage to say what is not popular on this forum and secondly for having the intelligence to cover all relevant points adequately. Next time though please do not feel like you have justify your post by saying your a bb guy and listing your devices. If you had been out this morning and bought a BlackBerry device, then you are a BlackBerry guy?

Unlike yourself however I hate my two Z10s with a passion and don't even have a clue what/why the hub exsists. We cant have everything though can we.

Well posted sir!

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-07-13 12:28 PM
    The biggest thing for me is app support.. when BB10 was officially announced everybody stopped developing for the Playbook OS, and as such there's thousands of apps available on my Z10 that are not available on my playbook, all of which it is more then capable of running if somebody gave it a chance.

Same story with the Android runtime, the debug side loading method does not work on the Playbook, so I can't even use all the same android apps on it as I can on my z10. And that divide is only goi g to get worse as we begin installing jelly bean apps on our devices.. even those that don't have native code won't run on the Playbook.

The browser, the pim apps etc would all be nice, but if we didn't get those in wouldn't upset me. We do have to at some point admit it's a 2 year old device. The apps however stoped comming a year and a half ago because devs held off to develop them in cascades for use across the entire mobile computing platform including phones, tablets and cars ..

Posted via CB10
    Stephen_TX and FF22 like this.
    07-07-13 12:41 PM
    For me it's two things, app support and a decent browser. I'm disappointed that I will have to depend on the sideloaded versions of some apps 'maybe' working in some way down the road while BB10 devices get a great native version that functions flawlessly. The bigger thing for me is the browser, which I use much more than the apps. Fast browser has made things marginally better, but after using the browser on the Z10 it's hard to go back to the pb versions. If BlackBerry decides to make a new BB10 tablet I will be first in line to buy it. Until that time, I'll probably snag a nexus 7 which are reasonably priced; even the browser on that budget tablet is lightening fast in comparison.
    07-07-13 12:42 PM
    Boys let's try to be at least honest with ourselves for starters otherwise what chance do the non parametric end users stand?

Now forget games because they are not technically apps and let's concentrate on APPS!

BlackBerry World is littered with crap whether it's for the pb or the 10s. Apps that turn your phone into a TORCH! , are we being serious here? 95%of the free apps are riddled with advertising and I'm not even going to explain the reasons behind that trap. If you don't know by now, tough.

There are some very very good apps but in three years I keep hearing the same drivel. It's not got Skype, it's not got Skype. My Z10 can have it and I don't even want it. So let's make a list of all the SERIOS APPS that you can't possibly live without and let's go from there!

ps please, no mention of skype!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:07 PM
    The browser and keyboard need to be updated Imo.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:21 PM
    Boys let's try to be at least honest with ourselves for starters otherwise what chance do the non parametric end users stand?

Now forget games because they are not technically apps and let's concentrate on APPS!

BlackBerry World is littered with crap whether it's for the pb or the 10s. Apps that turn your phone into a TORCH! , are we being serious here? 95%of the free apps are riddled with advertising and I'm not even going to explain the reasons behind that trap. If you don't know by now, tough.

There are some very very good apps but in three years I keep hearing the same drivel. It's not got Skype, it's not got Skype. My Z10 can have it and I don't even want it. So let's make a list of all the SERIOS APPS that you can't possibly live without and let's go from there!

Posted via CB10
    After two plus years, I would seriously like a way to easily find a file and attach it to an email.

Search in the Browser and the pdf app would be something that a 10 year old device could do natively. Heaven forbid I want to move around my bookmarks or rename one of them.

Can't they finally put a QuestionMark on the first page of the keyboard (insert question mark here). And wouldnt (presume there's an apostrophe in there somewhere) an apostrophe also be nice.

The checkerboard is nice but I'm not looking to play chess in the browser.

Easy way to get to the top or bottom of a webpage - I know, my 8830 from 5 years prior could do that. But I also believe it could search/find on a webpage.

Oh, did I mention SKYPE (as advertised on some of bbry, nee rim, showed in its initial ads for the pb)? (this one was just for fun)
    07-07-13 01:49 PM
    The browser and keyboard need to be updated Imo.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any problems but I'll accept your comments. However if the keyboard is updated please please don't make it like the Z10, please.
    07-07-13 01:49 PM
    Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps like:
    a proper Web browser
    Charles Schwab - App
    JPM Chase - App
    Delta Airline - App
    UPS - App
    USPS - App
    Fedex - App
    TV - App
    and so many more
    I am sure most of them are now in BB OS 10
    in order for us PB owners to survive we need updates to BB OS 2.xxxxx
    my "Free memory" allocation plays havoc, I cant open word, excel, pdf, pps when emailed to me, than I cant open "Evernote" an cant watch a live stream, Al Jazeerah TV, or you tube documentaries, Pandora hangs up and is spooling

otherwise all is fine
    I an shopping for Windows 8 based tablet, does anyone have a good suggestion?
    Thanks guys
    Last edited by hreiner1; 07-09-13 at 09:53 AM.
    07-07-13 02:42 PM
    Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps, Aps,
    Your 78p short?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-07-13 04:48 PM
    Your 78p short?
    See !? Damn pb keyboard!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-07-13 04:51 PM
    See !? Damn pb keyboard!!
    It's way past your bedtime cat!
    07-07-13 05:10 PM
    Nah, he posted that from his Iphone.
    07-07-13 07:39 PM

Has been posted already 10000 times on this forum why people want(ed) an update...you're either too lazy to read, an ignorant or you simply have not a real need for a tablet as it seems to be more a toy to you...
    Last edited by kraschute; 07-08-13 at 05:05 AM.
    Ragwan likes this.
    07-08-13 01:21 AM
    Better Browser

New and updated Apps (do you believe that developers are going to continue to separately support the PlayBook?)

Full Bridge again

Don't really care about the HUB, would be fine if they hadn't included it!
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    07-08-13 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Kindle - no not a crappy, yay-old, sideloaded Android version, but a proper, decent version that syncs everything.

And Skype - oh sorry, I must remember not to menion the war. I did it once, but think I got away with it...
    07-08-13 11:59 AM
    Your 78p short?
    LOL that made my day =))
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-08-13 12:05 PM
    There already was a problem with a lack of developers for PB apps. Now that the PB has been cast adrift those remaining develpers will move on to BB10 or other (greener) pastures. Don't expect any updates for apps or OS. Sure, you can sideload Android apps. Many work. In the future fewer will work. As web standards continue to change the PB will not change with it. The PB will become less functional than it is now.
    07-08-13 12:14 PM
    The intelligent developers will have already worked out not to waste time on developing bb10 apps. The pb was released unfinished that's all its crime was and BlackBerry failed to update it. BlackBerry 10 has been released and is a total abortion and as I have stated clearly before, anyone involved in the decision to design and develop this piece of crap deserves to lose their job!!!!!!! It's as simple as that!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:34 PM
    The intelligent developers will have already worked out not to waste time on developing bb10 apps. The pb was released unfinished that's all its crime was and BlackBerry failed to update it. BlackBerry 10 has been released and is a total abortion and as I have stated clearly before, anyone involved in the decision to design and develop this piece of crap deserves to lose their job!!!!!!! It's as simple as that!

Posted via CB10
    And you are using a blackberry 10 device, and continue to be a member of crackberry because??

I love my Z10, and certainly do not think it's an abortion or a piece of crap. If it's not the device for you then that's your choice, but the rest of us here are quite happy with ours.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:57 PM
    I'm relatively new to the Blackberry World: i traded my Kindle Fire for a Blackberry Playbook. I was aware of the dearth of apps, but since my only interest was the cameras available on the Playbook, I was willing to take a chance. That was back in February 2013, and I have made a lot of progress towards making the Playbook useful to me. Before I go on, let me state for the record that i also own an iPad 3 and an old Honeycomb based Android Tablet.

I use the Playbook as my primary contact manager and scheduler, thru the DejaOffice App. This works really well for me because i also use Companionlink for Outlook, which makes it possible for me to sync all of my devices.

I also use the following apps: Presenter's Edge, Business Cards, Advanced Camera, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Evernote. This allows me to carry a relatively small device that captures the significant information I collect in a day and share it with all my other devices.

I will grant you that there is not much to love about the App World and sideloaded versions of popular Android Apps may not be ideal (or available). That being said, the technology found in the Playbook is still very robust and worth the few extra steps I take to make it pay off.

Lastly, I have little to no worries that someone will attempt to steal it, so I use it to read Kindle Books on the train to and from work. I can't say i ever felt safe pulling out my iPad.
    FF22 and Toodeurep like this.
    07-08-13 01:23 PM
50 12