hi all,

I just bought sim city on my playbook and it looks amazing! I cant wait to see what the future has in store for the playbook. It feels good to watch tv while playing the game as I used to with my psp. the screen is perfect size so i can hold it between my legs and still see the tv lol. Definitely would NOT be able to do this on an iPad haha. Hope to see more devs create games now that they have hold of the NDK!
    10-10-11 01:43 PM
    just got done playing it. awesome game
    10-10-11 02:07 PM
    Love your optimism, except for one correction - the future has ALWAYS and still is looking good for Playbook! Just a matter of perspective and vision. Thanks for posting.
    10-10-11 02:12 PM
    hi all,
    I just bought sim city on my playbook and it looks amazing! I cant wait to see what the future has in store for the playbook. It feels good to watch tv while playing the game as I used to with my psp. the screen is perfect size so i can hold it between my legs and still see the tv lol. Definitely would NOT be able to do this on an iPad haha.
    Sad. So this is what it has boiled down to. Playbook is better and the future looks bright because you can hold it between your legs ..sad sad story.
    10-10-11 03:32 PM
    It seems that marketing the PlayBook as the first professional tablet was a mistake. Apparently it should have been marketed as the first tablet that can be put between your legs.
    10-10-11 03:54 PM
    It seems that marketing the PlayBook as the first professional tablet was a mistake. Apparently it should have been marketed as the first tablet that can be put between your legs.
    Ah, the oldest known profession(al tablet)!
    pattste and adamkesher like this.
    10-10-11 05:09 PM
    Well, good point. So we have come full circle then, and it is a professional tablet!
    10-10-11 06:13 PM
    Sad. So this is what it has boiled down to. Playbook is better and the future looks bright because you can hold it between your legs ..sad sad story.
    not sure if serious. Is my sarcasm meter broken?
    10-10-11 06:20 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sim city .. very amazing on the Playbook!... I agree too!
    10-10-11 06:49 PM
    I'm enjoying it as well, though the OCD part of me has restarted my city four times in one day as I try to get the perfect start.
    10-10-11 06:50 PM
    Well, I just downloaded FaceBook to my iPad & in comparison to the PlayBook app it is worlds ahead. RIM have a way to go if their intended direction is up. I've said before they missed an opportunity by having the very first FaceBook tablet app & releasing mediocre rubbish & this just reinforces the point. RIM have got to try harder. Its great the sim city is on there, we need 15 year old games naturally, but the core apps need a little sprucing up to be honest.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 07:26 PM
    I'm enjoying it as well, though the OCD part of me has restarted my city four times in one day as I try to get the perfect start.
    Well, that good thing about that is you may never have to buy another game or app or movie to keep you entertained. Just keep starting over and over and ....
    10-10-11 07:28 PM
    Well, I just downloaded FaceBook to my iPad & in comparison to the PlayBook app it is worlds ahead. RIM have a way to go if their intended direction is up. I've said before they missed an opportunity by having the very first FaceBook tablet app & releasing mediocre rubbish & this just reinforces the point. RIM have got to try harder. Its great the sim city is on there, we need 15 year old games naturally, but the core apps need a little sprucing up to be honest.

Actually, compared to the original knockoff generic Facebook app on the iPad, the PB's one was pretty slick, but yes I did see the screenshots of the official app, and it looks leaps and bounds beyond.

More bad news for the Playbook, as this will invite a side by side comparison.
    10-10-11 07:34 PM
    So the EA games ain't crap on the playbook compared to apple? Sad
    10-10-11 07:43 PM
    I was just referring to how I used to use my PSP to play video games comfortably. I was surprised how nice it felt to do that with a game where you didnt need the accelerometer a la NFS underground. Not only does the future look bringht because of that but also because the graphics were very solid. As for a professional tablet, I would have probably said the same thing about it being held between my legs while I type a new email, send a test message from my 9900 bbm to my playbook bbm, used winamp on the android player, or tested an app I made with the NDK but unfortunately this Game came before OS2.

But on the other hand I hope to see lots more games in app world in the near future. But maybe RIM should take out all of them and keep the tablet professional only. I'm sure they don't need the support base to an average consumer who, say has children, they could just get an iPad anyways right? I'm sure a child would love to hold a giant iPad and parents just love when it falls out of their hands(from what I've seen).

I personally like that there is more variety coming to the playbook as we speak because something is better than nothing and now I can wait a little more patiently while the professionals polish and fine tune the native apps we are all waiting for. As of now this is the second application bought (I downloaded most for free). I used my playbook solely for browsing until today but if they continue to release legit games that don't use flash I may have a lot of transactions on my paypal account. sure flash is nice, but it only does so much.

Thank you EA for giving me a filler until the end of october !
    batboris and sok2507 like this.
    10-10-11 08:39 PM

I go straight to the site. Works great. Don't use the CB app either. Nice to have fully functional browser or three.
    10-10-11 08:44 PM
    I go straight to the site. Works great. Don't use the CB app either. Nice to have fully functional browser or three.
    I know YOU think that the browser is full-featured. If so, why can't I use google maps? I can use it without any problems on my desktop computer, my laptop and my netbook? Why do many sites go to mobile editions, treating the pb like a small-screened phone? As some have pointed out, you canNOT use Netflix because it uses Silverlight - full browsers apparently can visit netflix. It contains flash but it is not a full browser. And most of the browsers I've used allow me to rename and reorganize bookmarks this one canNOT. Every browser I've used allows me to search for a word or term on a webpage but the pb's browser canNOT.
    Scott8586 likes this.
    10-10-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD