Why did you buy her a Playbook? Seriously?
    If you don't like the PlayBook (which is fine, everyone has different preferences), why are you on and checking this board? Seriously?
    11-29-12 12:17 PM
    Why did you buy her a Playbook? Seriously?
    Simply because at the end of the day a tablet is something that she doesn't really need. She already has a netbook that she takes all her notes with. I see her using the playbook mostly for entertainment purposes...and thats something it excels at from what I've read. Add in the fact that this is her first tablet, and that for $170 I was able to get her the tablet along with a case, charging dock, screen protector, hdmi cable, I say it was well worth it.
    11-29-12 12:40 PM
    "If you don't like the PlayBook (which is fine, everyone has different preferences), why are you on and checking this board? Seriously? "

'Cause he doesn't have any friends to play with, since he gave away his PB last April. It's lonely out there!
    seamonky likes this.
    11-30-12 10:51 AM
    @Elwe - First of all, don't be sorry! I am so thankful that you took the time to write your post. It has helped me tremendously! And raised more questions along with it!

I doubt she'll post articles from news apps much, but she definitely likes to link articles from websites and images from 9gag/Pintrest on to her FB/Twitter. Would you be able to do this with the pre-installed browser and FB/Twitter apps, or is it only possible with the sideloaded apps? Would you say overall that sideloading Android variants of playbook apps would be the way to go?

And thank you for your suggestions! I can definitely see her taking advantage of the recording app while taking notes.
    Hi Kulluminatii,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you; on a trip to Ottawa. It's freezing here.

The good thing about the built in browser is that you can get the full FB experience. Hence, you would definitely be able to post articles from websites as you would do on the desktop. Since, I do not use 9gag/Pintrest, I cannot comment on that, but presumably you can since the browser is desktop class.

The same cannot be said about the FB app. Currently, there is no invocation framework on the PB, which, if I understand correctly if a more sophisticated version of the deep integration between apps we have on BBOS. So the only way to post would be to copy the URL and post it as a status update on the FB app, which looks terrible because all you see is a URL address and not the fancy rendering with thumbnails like on the desktop or iOS/Android apps. Also there is no Pinterest app on the PB. If you are okay with the above limitations, you do not need to sideload.

The only reason I have sideloaded FB, Twitter and LinkedIn is because I have a lot of Android apps and this way all the apps are linked together.

I would suggest you sideload and give it a try. If it works, great, if not, you can always remove the apps.

There is a website that allows you to change Android apk to BAR, but I am not sure I can post the link here. Can anyone verify?
    Kulluminatii likes this.
    12-01-12 11:30 AM
29 12