Good news! The fix via the desktop manager worked after much ado and I'm finally up and running. Having no problems with the wireless connectivity issues from earlier. It seems to be running really smooth tbh, even tried streaming some 1080p action scenes and it's well worth the �129!!

So have you got android apps working? Is it possible to run ubuntu? This is such bad timing, exam Wednesday!
    Everything seems to be working fine now after the reset/reinstall. I haven't tried any Android apps or anything yet because most of them are just websites (Amazon, Ebay) or ways to access websites (Flipboard) and with a fully featured web browser with Flash and a 7 inch screen you don't really need to use apps, which are a compromise in my opinion.
    08-27-12 09:51 AM
    It is nice to stick about 30 Gigs of movies on there and not even sweat it.
    08-27-12 09:55 AM
    Where are our manners....WELCOME donraj86
    08-27-12 05:21 PM
    There's a beta 2.1 version? Will be doing some research on that for sure as well as sideloading and ubuntu.
    Hey Donraj86, beta 2.1 is way better than the latest 2.0 IMHO. It may be a little less stable but it's way faster. When I say it's a little less stable, I meant you may have to reboot once a month instead of once in 6 months, which I found it's no big deal for me.

Ubuntu? I don't know PB supports that. Are you sure?

Sideloading is easy, but I don't like the experience of sideloaded apps, you might be disappointed there too. But having Internet access anytime anywhere through your BB9900 might make it up for you.

Hope you enjoy your PB, and don't forget, you will be getting BB10 on your PB sometime next year, it's going to be great.
    08-28-12 08:10 AM
    So,
    My second day with this playbook and I have to say Its awesome. I have a ipad2, its nice but i guess its just too much for me. Anyway, I love how it comes with documents, and adobe. I use these a lot and the size and feel of this tablet makes it a joy. The battery is awesome and lasts almost all day. I love the notification light, it makes a big difference. I paired my bold to it with the bridge and found it to have some useful potential. I could care less about apps, I had a samsung galaxy s2 lte skyrocket with the stock apps.My ipad 2 had 10 apps that I maybe downloaded, and when I had my iphone 4S I rarely used anything but email and sms.

So far so good, I gotta go buy that leather journal case I like leather lol.
    08-28-12 04:48 PM
    Great apps? On a Playbook? Sorry dude, prepare for disappointment...
    At least you'll have plenty of storage for media.
    There are a lot of "good" apps and a lot of great games. Is it the same as iOS, no of course not. But is it bad, a year ago it was, as we all pretty much all knew it would be. But App World has come a very long way since then.
    bitek likes this.
    08-28-12 05:23 PM
    Hey Donraj86, beta 2.1 is way better than the latest 2.0 IMHO. It may be a little less stable but it's way faster. When I say it's a little less stable, I meant you may have to reboot once a month instead of once in 6 months, which I found it's no big deal for me.

Ubuntu? I don't know PB supports that. Are you sure?

Sideloading is easy, but I don't like the experience of sideloaded apps, you might be disappointed there too. But having Internet access anytime anywhere through your BB9900 might make it up for you.

Hope you enjoy your PB, and don't forget, you will be getting BB10 on your PB sometime next year, it's going to be great.
    Yeah really enjoying it! I've upgraded to 2.1 beta, and have noticed there's some issues with the wireless at times (again!) Apart from that it is really smooth. I don't think the PB will support Ubuntu, getting a bit ahead of myself. Currently trying to get some new apps/games, in the process of converting apks, signing and so forth. Did Whatsapp, got it too work but then it causes problems on my actual phone. Nevermind!

As for BB10, theres a BB10 alpha out, can you install that on the tab or is it just for handsets?

Thanks
    08-29-12 04:27 AM
    There are a lot of "good" apps and a lot of great games. Is it the same as iOS, no of course not. But is it bad, a year ago it was, as we all pretty much all knew it would be. But App World has come a very long way since then.
    so true.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-29-12 09:52 PM
    Regards,

Where is made the 64 gb tablet ​​from Currys?
    Made in Taiwan? or?
    It is ok ? The price is very good.
    09-04-12 01:21 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD