My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary the other day and as we were out and about taking pictures (with my PlayBook of course) we were able to take several of ourselves with no assistance required. All I had to do was set up the PlayBook camera to display the photo I wanted, place myself and my beloved in the picture and using the Bridge remote control trigger the camera. The hotel staff was amazed that I could trigger the camera on my tablet with my phone. Really love the versatility of my PlayBook. Oh and happy new year to all.
    01-02-13 09:10 AM
    Cool. Never thought of that use!
    01-02-13 09:13 AM
    Happy Anniversary!!
    I am JT likes this.
    01-02-13 09:17 AM
    Wow ! How cool is that ! I never thought of trying that , just did , and it worked perfectly. Thanks

My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary the other day and as we were out and about taking pictures (with my PlayBook of course) we were able to take several of ourselves with no assistance required. All I had to do was set up the PlayBook camera to display the photo I wanted, place myself and my beloved in the picture and using the Bridge remote control trigger the camera. The hotel staff was amazed that I could trigger the camera on my tablet with my phone. Really love the versatility of my PlayBook. Oh and happy new year to all.
    01-02-13 09:22 AM
    Just tried that Bridge-Camera thing. It's cool, never thought of doing that. One day it might come in handy! Shame you have to keep a curser over the 'take-picture' button.
    01-02-13 09:38 AM
    Yes I did this for a family picture once. Works great. I plugged my Playbook into a tv then propped it upside down with the screen orientation off. Then the tv was my view finder. Worked great and no one was left out.
    01-02-13 10:23 AM
    Nice idea. This is a good alternative to carrying a camera with a delay.
    01-02-13 10:50 AM
    That is cool, I've the remote for a lot, that's new.
    01-02-13 07:27 PM
    I've used the front cam a few times, but this is a novel idea. Another nice thing about the PB is the front camera is as good as most tablets rear cameras.
    01-02-13 07:54 PM
    WOW, never thought of that, AMAZING, SIMPLY AMAZING.
    01-02-13 08:13 PM
    Cool, I wasn't aware of that feature either. Good job OP. For those that don't have a BB phone to use as a remote, another option we use at work quite a bit is to set the PB up for video, place it where you want the shot to be taken, turn on the video record, set up in front of the PB, pose or whatever , after enough time has elapsed for you or you think you got what you wanted, stop the video, playback to whatever scene/shot you want, pause it and take a screenshot. Some of my best photos have been taken that way and I've taken shots from videos that I previously had not thought of doing that with until we started doing it at work for aircraft mechanisms. Works great and is another option.

What's ironic is I was taking a family photo with the PB Christmas day using the above method (because I AM JT didn't share the remote idea earlier) and while playing the video back to the pose shot I decided to take a screen shot of everybody jostling for position in the pose, which turned out to be the favorite still from the video as it was so spontaneous as well as more real life.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-03-13 at 01:09 AM.
    Bruce Blumentritt likes this.
    01-03-13 12:55 AM