I say just release the source code so people can hack the things and put kit kat on them

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:08 PM
    I say just release the source code so people can hack the things and put kit kat on them

Posted via CB10
    right release the source code that is quite close to the same as bb10 and watch bb10 get hacked. Great!
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    10-15-14 03:11 PM
    I don't understand. Are you saying Blackberry's failure to support and deliver on their only tablet is the fault of the user 'whiners'? Never heard that one before!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Remove the word whiners and read it again. How the heck do you gather that it says that PlayBook failed because of us. Read it again.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:31 PM
    Sorry, that's BS as well. The Playbook was doomed from day one and it wasn't "us whiners" who were in any way responsible. RIM/Blackberry never really tried!
    Read the sentence again without the word whiners.
    You are making things up because an intensifier was used.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:36 PM
    right release the source code that is quite close to the same as bb10 and watch bb10 get hacked. Great!
    How about we just update that Android runtime to support apk files like BB10 does now and then leave it at that? No hacking, no source code released, just the ability to get more out of what we already have.

Edit:
    Actually, there are some that have said they wish BlackBerry had never released the PlayBook at all. I disagree. But I would have rather they released BB10 1st then the PlayBook. Imagine how it would've gone then. Might have been a whole different story and obviously even better specs.
    10-15-14 08:31 PM
    How about we just update that Android runtime to support apk files like BB10 does now and then leave it at that? No hacking, no source code released, just the ability to get more out of what we already have.

Edit:
    Actually, there are some that have said they wish BlackBerry had never released the PlayBook at all. I disagree. But I would have rather they released BB10 1st then the PlayBook. Imagine how it would've gone then. Might have been a whole different story and obviously even better specs.
    hardware is my first guess. 1gb ram isnt enough to support updated runtime without running like poo
    10-15-14 09:03 PM
    hardware is my first guess. 1gb ram isnt enough to support updated runtime without running like poo
    Well you might be right but I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 1GB of RAM and it runs 4.1 like a champ. So I know that the PlayBook is far away from a priority, never will be more than likely. I still feel that it's possible.
    10-15-14 10:37 PM
    Just signed, although I think I did this when it first came out
    Not sure if there will be any outcome but no harm in trying

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-15-14 11:19 PM
    Well you might be right but I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 1GB of RAM and it runs 4.1 like a champ. So I know that the PlayBook is far away from a priority, never will be more than likely. I still feel that it's possible.
    right but its just running android. The PB has to run android in a container with PB OS as well
    10-16-14 04:45 AM
    Read the sentence again without the word whiners.
    You are making things up because an intensifier was used.

Posted via CB10
    I am most definitely not making anything up. I am reacting to a statement "as is". If it should have been read without "whiners" it probably should not have included that word...
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-16-14 05:43 AM
    Yes, but it is only running one OS, not two.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-16-14 06:08 AM
    I have a PlayBook purchased on launch day.

I would be furious if BlackBerry spent one single penny on this 3.5 year old tech! There are so few users left today, it would be ludicrous.

Like another poster had stated, PlayBook was supported for almost 3 years with some updates. The original iPad was supported for only 2 years. Case closed.

And btw, the original P'9981 sold over 170,000 units by itself. HUGE profits.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    awindsr likes this.
    10-16-14 06:13 AM
    right but its just running android. The PB has to run android in a container with PB OS as well
    Valid point.
    10-16-14 06:29 AM
    I tried to close the Petition for continued PlayBook support many months ago, due to lack if response from BlackBerry.

Now a new group of PlayBook enthusiasts have found the petition and pushed signatures through 1000 ! I think this shows the sort if loyal PlayBook following there is. BlackBerry didn't need to ignore the voices of its most loyal fanbase. Some say 'move on' but don't themselves. Some say 'it'll cost too much'. I say no cost is too much to keep the loyal fan base in board. It's not about hanging on to the past. It's about keeping the loyal customers for the future...

10-16-14 07:16 AM
    I tried to close the Petition for continued PlayBook support many months ago, due to lack if response from BlackBerry.

Now a new group of PlayBook enthusiasts have found the petition and pushed signatures through 1000 ! I think this shows the sort if loyal PlayBook following there is. BlackBerry didn't need to ignore the voices of its most loyal fanbase. Some say 'move on' but don't themselves. Some say 'it'll cost too much'. I say no cost is too much to keep the loyal fan base in board. It's not about hanging on to the past. It's about keeping the loyal customers for the future...

Do you honestly believe that someone's decision to stick with BlackBerry going forward hinges on whether or not they release another update for their 3.5 year old tablet? Really? And if so, how many people? BlackBerry would need to perform a return on investment analysis. I simply do not see any valid business case for this.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    awindsr and TheScionicMan like this.
    10-16-14 07:26 AM
    Do you honestly believe that someone's decision to stick with BlackBerry going forward hinges on whether or not they release another update for their 3.5 year old tablet? Really? And if so, how many people? BlackBerry would need to perform a return on investment analysis. I simply do not see any valid business case for this.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    Business is not always about immediate profit.

Many BB10 Phone users will possibly leave as they see the PlayBook as a BlackBerry 'test case' for staying with the brand. Keep the Loyal customers happy! Build for the future!

10-16-14 07:33 AM
    The 'un-whiners" should probably ask themselves, why this petition was started in the first place. IIRC (others feel free to correct me!) this happened in the wake of the declaration of pure and utter EOL and wasn't primarily aimed at lofty goals, but at guarantees towards prolonged basic support!
    10-16-14 07:44 AM

Many BB10 Phone users will possibly leave as they see the PlayBook as a BlackBerry 'test case' for staying with the brand. Keep the Loyal customers happy! Build for the future!

That's what I'm saying. You have to monetize the loss of future business against the cost of continued support and development.

You say "many bb10 phone users will possibly leave". I challenge you to come up with an actual estimate. Now put that against the tens of thousands of dollars to ramp up a PlayBook unit at BlackBerry. This stuff isn't cheap. Even one SINGLE guy at BlackBerry would cost $75,000 per year. Add to that the support he would need from other staff and the required infrastructure. Crazy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    awindsr likes this.
    10-16-14 07:59 AM

why would a BB10 phone user leave because the PB support has ended? BB got you to buy a bb10 phone and they want to improve on bb10 to get you to buy another phone. 99% of the bb10 phone user probably don't give a damn about what happens to the PB. Your logic doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-16-14 08:15 AM
    The logic might be slightly flawed, but it does make sense to me.
    10-16-14 09:11 AM
    I am most definitely not making anything up. I am reacting to a statement "as is". If it should have been read without "whiners" it probably should not have included that word...
    You obviously can't comprehend.
    He said US whiners. The inflection wasn't insulting but that is what you focused on and it is evident in your reply, and the misrepresentation of his statement.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:16 AM
    As you are obviously incapable of seeing how you come across in all of this yourself, I see no point in discussing this any further...
    10-16-14 11:11 AM
    I think that I can success it, because it's the same case that HP and webOs
    10-16-14 02:26 PM
    You obviously can't comprehend.
    He said US whiners. The inflection wasn't insulting but that is what you focused on and it is evident in your reply, and the misrepresentation of his statement.

Posted via CB10
    To be told BB10 was more or less coming to the PlayBook, when it did not.

To receive no further PlayBook updates next, when with little effort, in my understanding, they could have continued. Especially when it was reported the outgoing CEO said PlayBook owners would be compensated for no BB10?

To be encouraged, it seems in my opinion, to buy a competitors Tablet device to be able to run the new feature of 10.3 (BlackBerry Blend) is bizarre!Especially considering it was reportedly seen running on the PlayBook and looks like it was pulled at the last minute!

Whiners no...but we expected a lot more.

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 10-16-14 at 05:35 PM.
    10-16-14 04:42 PM
    Save the PlayBook, sign the petition!
    axllebeer and Hirazi Blue like this.
    10-16-14 04:53 PM
99 1234