Has anyone got the playbook to connect to a Juniper VPN?
    05-03-11 03:12 PM
    I tried, and got as far as getting past phase 1, but never got past phase 2. The built in VPN client just doesn't have the options we need for it to work with our current policy on the firewall. So I'm thinking we'd have to make a custom policy just for the PlayBooks if we wanted to use this in the future.
    05-03-11 03:30 PM
    I tried setting up a basic VPN and it failed. Do you think that it is only the newer juniper devices that this works with?
    05-03-11 04:05 PM
    I don't think so as we just replaced our firewall with a SSG140 in January. I think it has to do with how you set up your policies. The PlayBook client currently just does not have the options we have our policy set up for. And the boss is real fussy about changing anything, especially when right now I'm the only one that has the PB.
    05-05-11 01:07 PM
    thanks for the update
    05-05-11 01:20 PM
    I have a Juniper SSL VPN SA2500 series and am looking at evaluating a Playbook which is on order at the moment.

Juniper support have confirmed that currently there is no Layer 3 Junos client (unlike the one for the iphone and ipad).

Does anyone know if the playbook supports Sun JAVA JRE so I can run Java Hosted apps?
    06-13-11 04:55 AM
    Looks like Juniper has an article on how to configure this:

Juniper Networks - [SSL VPN/MAG] How to interoperate Juniper
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    Hello,

I actually work for Juniper Networks and am the Technical Marketing Engineer for the Juniper SSL VPN product (Secure Access).

The Juniper Knowledge Base article was actually based on a document that I wrote and worked directly with RIM to ensure compatibility.

It is definitely possible to connect the PlayBook to Juniper SSL VPN but it is not via the SSL protocol, it is via IKEv2 (standards-based protocol). The OS requirements on the Juniper SSL VPN are version 7.0 at a minimum (supports authentication via machine certificate only), but you should be running version 7.1 ideally as it supports username/password authentication for IKEv2 (EAP-MSCHAPv2). It is NOT possible to get the PlayBook to connect to earlier versions of the IVE OS that runs on the Juniper SSL VPN appliance.

I have attached the document that I wrote. It is fairly current but is still based on the 1.x release of the OS on the PlayBook.

If you do run into issues, please let me know.
    TTBGF and rdleeuw like this.
    04-10-12 10:14 PM
    Hi,

Sorry to hijack the tread but I'm also having issues creating a vpn from a playbook to a juniper ssg20. At the moment i just cant get past phase1 as in the log i'm being told that the packet arrived from an unrecognised gateway. Does the playbook support identity in the form of email address?

Thanks
    05-14-12 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD