Bambi, agree fully. Interim means "don't blame me if I can't fix this disaster and I'm not risking my career on fixing it."
    11-06-13 03:26 AM
    Bambi, agree fully. Interim means "don't blame me if I can't fix this disaster and I'm not risking my career on fixing it."

From Kevin's interview(Search | CrackBerry.com

So on a day-to-day basis I eventually will really need a good, solid CEO. That’s why I said I’ll do it on an interim basis and who knows?

I’ll think through and listen to everybody else and what their advice is and then I’ll decide how interim is interim.

On a more serious note, I think I’m looking for a software person. In my mind, somebody who understands the services side of the equation also. And I know you’d love to see us increase our marketing effort, so I’m looking for somebody who can help me with really reaching more people.

I have a tremendous respect for the technology people in the company. I don’t think I’m looking for a tech person, plus I came out as an engineer. I think I have certain sensitivity to whether these technologies are real or too good to be true. I have some sense on that so I think I could use some help on sales, marketing and services.
    11-06-13 03:51 AM
    It sounds like he's looking for someone he can work with, with a more software-minded skillset to go along with his hardware-minded approach, so that he can see things from both sides of the picture. That doesn't sound like the someone who's going to be out really quickly.
    11-06-13 03:53 AM
    Actually, to the best of my understanding, John Chen has been hired for the sole purpose of selling off the company.
    11-07-13 04:05 PM
    Actually, to the best of my understanding, John Chen has been hired for the sole purpose of selling off the company.
    That of course is possible but haven't they been trying already? Does he make it more attractive?
    11-07-13 08:25 PM
    Where did you glean this little gem from?
    11-08-13 01:23 AM
31 12