I wonder why Apple would come out with a 6" Ipad. The Ipad fans are all gaga over the size, everything is so big and clear. If anything I would have expected Apple to come out with a 32" iPad ....
    02-22-11 10:05 AM
    I wonder why Apple would come out with a 6" Ipad. The Ipad fans are all gaga over the size, everything is so big and clear. If anything I would have expected Apple to come out with a 32" iPad ....
    Actually, "clear" is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Touch--THAT sucker is "clear" if one means high resolution. The ipad looks positively pixelated, by comparison.
    branflakes likes this.
    02-22-11 10:28 AM
    Jobs is a tool

Jobs loves misdirection.

Jobs is an egomaniac of unbounded proportion.

I'd like to see Jobs leave Apple. Why? Because maybe, just maybe, subsequent management might start listening to Apple's customers and make new products based on user feedback and focus groups and Apple MIGHT even embrace Flash for iOS products. Right now the only focus 'group" is comprised of ONE PERSON--Jobs.
    I wouldn't hold my breath, Tim Cook might be the next guy to step up and he's not any better than Jobs. And I don't think Apple fans are going to be giving feedback, they're usually happy with what they have and think everything that isn't an Apple is a piece of junk.
    02-22-11 10:39 AM
    Apple sold about 14 Million iPads in 2010, and that was only about 8 months, 7.6 million in Q4. Their already talking about the Galaxy Tab 2 coming out soon and the Galaxy 1 hasn't even been out that long.
    Oh I thought it was 4.5 million. I have not seen one person in offices or on the streets or on the subway or bus use one, saw one girl on the airplane playing Angry Birds on it though.
    02-22-11 10:41 AM
    Oh I thought it was 4.5 million. I have not seen one person in offices or on the streets or on the subway or bus use one, saw one girl on the airplane playing Angry Birds on it though.
    Apple’s Insane Q1 ’11: $26.7 Billion Revenue, $6 Billion Profit; 7.33 Million iPads, 16.24 Million iPhones

Last Quarter 7.33 Million iPads, 16.24 Million iPhones, 19.45 Million iPods, 4.13 Million Macs (up 23% from last year). $26.7 Billion in revenues and $6 Billion in profits. I love Mac's and OS X, not sold on the iDevices but I'm glad that they are making them and forcing companies to compete. I'm waiting for the Monza, and will decide when the Playbook comes out if I want a tablet.
    02-22-11 11:09 AM
    Dang. Those are some crazy numbers especially that profit line.
    02-22-11 02:37 PM
    RIM should hurry up and release the PB sounds like Apple might get the headstart with iPad 2.

Apple to announce iPad 2 on March 2nd, WSJ reports | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    02-22-11 02:51 PM
    Dang. Those are some crazy numbers especially that profit line.
    Isn't that the truth. Makes me want to sack off PB and start developing for iOS
    02-22-11 03:08 PM
    I don't have a Mac and don't plan on getting one so I can't develop for iOS LOL but those numbers just boggles the mind.

I'm still torn between a xoom wifi or similar and a PB. Which ever I get I'll probably do a little developing for, well at least for work.
    02-22-11 03:41 PM
    And then they go and release the verizon iphone a year later with the same problem haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am death griping my iPhone 4 (VZW version) right now and nothing is happening. The WiFi signal is the same and so is the cell signal. Give me an AT&T iPhone 4, and I'll make the signal drop completely.

Also, Apple is known for saying one thing and then doing the other. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6 or 7 inch model of the iPad comes out.
    02-22-11 03:43 PM
    ...but 6" is okay now? This is hilarious if true...

new ipad in fall rumored to be smaller

watch what they do not what they say. I don't think this is so hilarious to makers of 7in tabs.
    02-22-11 03:43 PM
    RIM should hurry up and release the PB sounds like Apple might get the headstart with iPad 2.

Apple to announce iPad 2 on March 2nd, WSJ reports | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    If it's not ready and they release they may cause a bigger problem. Let's say Apple announces on the 2nd and releases a week later.

This doesn't leave RIM time to drum up hype if they want to release before Apple. Believe it or not people who don't frequent this board or tech sites don't even know what they PlayBook is as a whole. From Mar2 to release date all you're going to see on tech blogs and news sites is iPad2. The PlayBook would get lost in the shuffle.
    02-22-11 03:46 PM
    Apple sold about 14 Million iPads in 2010, and that was only about 8 months, 7.6 million in Q4. Their already talking about the Galaxy Tab 2 coming out soon and the Galaxy 1 hasn't even been out that long.
    samsung by defying conventional wisdom and releasing a 7in tab running 2.2, has staked itself out a strong #2 position in the tablet market. I see it shaking out as follows in 2011.

1 apple
    2 samsung
    3 motorola
    02-22-11 03:47 PM
    There's not much difference than the current iPod Touch & iPad other than screen.
    Yes, they both run iOS, that's why. There is not much of a difference between them and the iPhone as well besides the screen and the iPhone having a cell radio.

The Touch is pretty much a mini tablet if you want to be honest about it.
    Actually, if you want to be honest about it, the iPod Touch is more of a touchscreen smartphone without the phone. Actually, that is exactly what it is. By your definition, any touchscreen smartphone should be labeled a mini tablet.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-22-11 at 03:51 PM.
    02-22-11 03:48 PM
    I am death griping my iPhone 4 (VZW version) right now and nothing is happening. The WiFi signal is the same and so is the cell signal. Give me an AT&T iPhone 4, and I'll make the signal drop completely.

Also, Apple is known for saying one thing and then doing the other. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6 or 7 inch model of the iPad comes out.
    Antenna was moved on the Verizon iPhone. Hold it towards the top and see if it drops.

I agree about seeing an 7" iPad. I don't think they'll go 6" though. It's not the 1st time Apple has said something only later to change their minds.

It's about money and if there is money to be made they will move their attention to it
    02-22-11 03:48 PM
    Yes, they both run iOS, that's why. There is not much of a difference between them and the iPhone as well besides the screen and the iPhone having a cell radio.

Actually, if you want to be honest about it, the iPod Touch is more of a touchscreen smartphone without the phone. Actually, that is exactly what it is. By your definition, any touchscreen smartphone should be labeled a mini tablet.
    [/QUOTE]

Actually any touchscreen smartphone can be labeled a mini tablet also look at Archos and what they call their 2.8" device. That's right a tablet
    02-22-11 03:50 PM
    samsung by defying conventional wisdom and releasing a 7in tab running 2.2, has staked itself out a strong #2 position in the tablet market. I see it shaking out as follows in 2011.

1 apple
    2 samsung
    3 motorola
    I'm not sure about samsung in that #2 spot. I think a few early adopters are going to be look else where. From what I'm hearing Samsung isn't going to official release HC to Tab1 and also that they aren't quick to do updates.

Moto will do better once their Wifi tablet hits with an affordable price if you consider $600 afforable.

If the PB does as good as it's videos on youtube it'll be in the mix if RIM markets it and it has developer support. EA & NFS isn't going to be enough
    02-22-11 03:55 PM
    Actually any touchscreen smartphone can be labeled a mini tablet also look at Archos and what they call their 2.8" device. That's right a tablet
    Because Archos calls their device a tablet does not mean the others are as well. If so, I am sure every carrier and manufacturer would stop marketing their "mini tablets" as smartphones.
    02-22-11 03:55 PM
    Not gonna happen, from what I'd heard the iPad size was chosen for a specific reason: any smaller and it would cut into their iPod sales, any larger it would cut into their Mac sales. If they made a 6 inch device, then people would probably buy that and have no need to buy an iPod touch or iPad to go along with it, thus reducing Apple's profit by 1 device! I doubt Apple will do this for this reason.

02-22-11 04:09 PM

i saw this
    02-22-11 05:43 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD