I think this CO-CEO tag-team setup is working quite nicely for RIM. Mike Lazardis recently walked out of an interview after being asked about security concerns in India and the Middle East.

Jim Balsillie tagged in, and sat down with WSJ’s Julia Angwin to talk about the PlayBook AND coincidentally, to clear up concerns about the questions Lazardis was unwilling to answer.

When asked about the lack of native email client on the PlayBook,* Balsillie replied, “We will have, if you want, a standalone non-web, non-paired email client on it within the next, I believe it was 60 days scheduled.” He also said that the Android app player will be coming “sometime this summer.”

I’m not sure Angwin was the best choice for an interviewer here as she seemed to have no follow up questions after asking about Walt Mossberg’s opinions. On the other hand, she plays the uninformed consumer role quite nicely.

Source: http://http://www.berryreview.com/20...ng-in-60-days/
    Native email will be coming in 60 days. That's what Jimmy Ballsy said

*Creating a thread in an iPod Touch is a pain!! I need a tablet lol *
    Last edited by blazed12; 04-15-11 at 07:09 PM. Reason: WAH!!!!!!!
    04-15-11 05:05 PM
    no. staged youtube demos of native email are coming in 60 days.
    04-15-11 05:26 PM
    LOL, and you believe him?

What else did you think he was going to say right before the release date?
    When did I say I believe him? I'm just posting what I saw kid.
    04-15-11 06:00 PM
    When did I say I believe him? I'm just posting what I saw kid.
    to be accurate, you DID follow the quoted material with your own comments, "Native email will be coming in 60 days. Stop whining about it." That's more than just posting what you saw. You made a declarative statement, plus a request that "we" stop whining. Not that I'm whining, as I'm not likely to get a PB, so I don't need to whine about any missing features.
    04-15-11 06:25 PM

Do you really think the CEO of a company like RIM is going to lie or exaggerate something like that just to sell a product? Don't you think he's smart enough to know the effect it could have if nothing materialized?
    04-15-11 06:38 PM
    to be accurate, you DID follow the quoted material with your own comments, "Native email will be coming in 60 days. Stop whining about it." That's more than just posting what you saw. You made a declarative statement, plus a request that "we" stop whining. Not that I'm whining, as I'm not likely to get a PB, so I don't need to whine about any missing features.
    Yeah I just noticed. Let me edit that
    04-15-11 07:07 PM
    Yeah I just noticed. Let me edit that
    HAHA! "Go for it, Sparky!!"
    04-15-11 07:08 PM
    Do you really think the CEO of a company like RIM is going to lie or exaggerate something like that just to sell a product? Don't you think he's smart enough to know the effect it could have if nothing materialized?
    Boy you guys know nothing how things in a IT/software industry work... How many times me and my team of developers spent endless pizza nights and 100 hr/week weeks just because our executive made a dumb statement about a deadline being met to a client.... I bet a lot of wifes and kids in Waterloo, ON will be missing their fathers for dinner and weekends....
    04-15-11 07:53 PM

Yes, I believe they are aiming for that date. By your logic there would be no reason to believe anything they said that was not late enough to seriously damage their sales and the only smart thing they could say for best impact would be in two to four weeks. Anyway, the hokies suck.
    04-15-11 07:58 PM
    Boy you guys know nothing how things in a IT/software industry work... How many times me and my team of developers spent endless pizza nights and 100 hr/week weeks just because our executive made a dumb statement about a deadline being met to a client.... I bet a lot of wifes and kids in Waterloo, ON will be missing their fathers for dinner and weekends....
    I guess that's what they mean when they say it all flows downhill
    04-15-11 08:01 PM
    Anyway, the hokies suck.
    04-15-11 08:02 PM
    [QUOTE=blazed12;6227551]Native email will be coming in 60 days. That's what Jimmy Ballsy said /QUOTE]

This is not an issue with BB phone users. They will still have email PB<>BB phone with or without a WIFI connection.
    The email <>WIFI is only an issue for users of other makes of smart phones.

This is a smart move for BB. If you want email in PB then get a BB phone and BB plan.
    04-15-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD