it's faster than saying "at or below $500", and it tells me to expect NOT to pay over $524.99 ($499+GST)
    11-10-10 11:56 AM
    If the playbook will not cost more than $500, and there are 64GB(?), 32 GB, and 16GB models, does that mean we could be getting a $300, $350 16 GB playbook? If the playbook does have a Micro or regular SD slot as well who would need anything more than a 16gb harddrive with SD expansion?

Anyone else getting the impression that this whole playbook thing may be a loss leader to convince people to stick with/purchase new BB phones? Buy a sub-$500 kick *** tablet with no monthly data plan, but to get all the features you also need a blackberry phone? Pretty clever. If only it had a bigger screen.
    11-10-10 12:23 PM
    If the playbook will not cost more than $500, and there are 64GB(?), 32 GB, and 16GB models, does that mean we could be getting a $300, $350 16 GB playbook? If the playbook does have a Micro or regular SD slot as well who would need anything more than a 16gb harddrive with SD expansion?

Anyone else getting the impression that this whole playbook thing may be a loss leader to convince people to stick with/purchase new BB phones? Buy a sub-$500 kick *** tablet with no monthly data plan, but to get all the features you also need a blackberry phone? Pretty clever. If only it had a bigger screen.
    Pre-release pricing "info" usually refers to the cheapest model.
    11-10-10 12:28 PM
    God that would be freakin exciting if it's only 500!! Esp. with tethering to my Torch, I'd get the WiFi only version and OH YEAH Anchorage, Alaska has no sales tax w00t
    11-10-10 01:29 PM

+1 again...
    11-10-10 01:33 PM
    right, i expect full blown 64 GB 3g/4g models to cost 700-900 when they are released
    11-10-10 04:18 PM
    dont make it 499 and call it under 500 make it like 399 !!!!
    11-16-10 06:29 PM
    I've been a loyal Blackberry user for a very long time, even enjoying my experience with the Storm 2 (though I could do without Surepress). And if all of the Playbook videos and stories I've been following are true, I will continue to be loyal. But I was very disappointed with the Torch, since it was essentially the Storm with a physical keyboard (which I no longer miss). My wife's Droid X has the speed, screen and memory I would have liked on the Torch instead of the outdated Storm-like hardware specifications. With my 2 year Verizon obligation expiring in four months, I'll have to decide if I'm staying with Blackberry or moving to Android. And since there are no current Blackberry phones that would prevent me from switching, I'm counting on the Playbook to keep me in the Blackberry family. But that will only happen if the Playbook lives up to the hype and is truly an extension of my Blackberry phone without Verizon charging a monthly tethering fee.
    11-19-10 09:33 AM
    But I was very disappointed with the Torch, since it was essentially the Storm with a physical keyboard (which I no longer miss). .
    The torch is NOT like the Storm. It doesn't even have a Surepress screen. The storm doesn't have a trackpad. I could go on...
    11-19-10 10:48 AM
    No, Silly Rabbit! Kix are for kids.
    I thought it was Trix are for kids?
    11-19-10 11:33 AM
    But I was very disappointed with the Torch, since it was essentially the Storm with a physical keyboard (which I no longer miss).
    There's also OS 6. The initial reviews slammed it because it was buggy, and it was, but that's not the case anymore. I wasn't expecting OS 6 to be a major upgrade from OS 5, but I was pleasantly surprised. All the changes really add up to a very nice OS. WebKit, universal search, etc
    11-19-10 12:21 PM
    There's also OS 6. The initial reviews slammed it because it was buggy, and it was, but that's not the case anymore. I wasn't expecting OS 6 to be a major upgrade from OS 5, but I was pleasantly surprised. All the changes really add up to a very nice OS. WebKit, universal search, etc
    Now if only we can find a way to get it to fit on my Storm2...
    11-20-10 06:25 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD