I keep getting popup. Java messages on my playbook that says computer may be infected with virus backdoor.Poison. Bqa. My browser keeps shutting down and sometimes diverts to Facebook.would appreciate any help.The browser I use is Google i am running 2.1.0 1753.
    Last edited by bbaker1; 09-24-13 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Left out information
    09-24-13 12:30 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

So just to be clear, this is happening with the Browser on your PlayBook?
    09-24-13 01:18 PM
    I keep getting popup. Java messages on my playbook that says computer may be infected with virus backdoor.Poison. Bqa. My browser keeps shutting down and sometimes diverts to Facebook.would appreciate any help.The browser I use is Google i am running 2.1.0 1753.
    Hi,

Welcome to CB Forums.
    Google (do you mean Chrome?) browser on the PlayBook?? - where did you get this from? I didn't know this was even available. Is it sideloaded?

Anyway, regards the actual problem, is the message occuring a random, or when you do specific thngs (like visit certain sites etc).
    Is it a new problem, if it is, what may have changed on your PB that has made it start happening, or has it done it as long as you have been using this broswer?

I haven't researched exhaustively, but a brief search suggests this message might be a fake. Essentially trying to con you into paying for a phony AntiVirus application;
    Remove Backdoor.Poison.BQA fake alert | Fix Slow Computer

Regardless, This seems to be a PC virus, I'm not aware of any viruses that affect the PB anyway.

Regards,

Chris.
    09-25-13 03:36 AM
    Google is what came with the playbook.did some research on backdoor.Poison.Bqa and found that it likely a fake but I was never directed to any fix it website. Browser still erratic and keeps crashing especially on Google maps. Don't know if the two are related but it never crashed for the first eight months. Thanks. Chris
    09-25-13 07:55 AM
    Google is what came with the playbook.did some research on backdoor.Poison.Bqa and found that it likely a fake but I was never directed to any fix it website. Browser still erratic and keeps crashing especially on Google maps. Don't know if the two are related but it never crashed for the first eight months. Thanks. Chris
    Hi,

I think then, that you are probably just using the 'stock' /default browser on the Playbook. Google is just the search engine that it uses or the default homepage (I believe), not the actual browser.

When you say the browser crashes, what exactly do you mean? Are you getting error messages or anything, or is the browser just shutting itself down (ie vanishing) without warning?
    I have found that the latest version of Google Maps seems to cause my Playbook to struggle a bit. It is very slow, I think that maybe it is at the limits of the performance of the Playbook Browser.
    You could try using an alternative browser, and see if that gives you any improvement. I can recommend the Origami Browser which is available for free in the BB World store. In my opinion, it gives an improvement in performance, and is definitely nicer to use, and has more features than the standard one.
    BlackBerry World - OrigamiBrowser

Regards,

Chris.
    09-25-13 09:13 AM
    my opinion, delete ALL google/droid apps,,, do a backup using desktop manager or bblink,,, wipe playbook, see how it runs,,, one by one, add apps to find out which one is the culprit...
    jarviser likes this.
    09-25-13 09:46 AM
    Yeah, first I'd try Origami (free) and put the adblocker and private functions on per ChrisMay's advice. If that gets rid of it, you can see if that is good enough for you. You could also try to get rid of history/cookies/cache on the native browser. If it continues to happen, you might consider a backup and security wipe. As ChrisMay said, I don't think your stability problem is related to the fake popup in the browser as it can't execute in the PB OS. There is something else wrong with the OS causing the instability.
    jarviser likes this.
    09-25-13 10:40 AM
    umm doesn't that sound like those annoying pop ups/malware that says scanning and then it finds like 108 viruses and then people click on it because it says to click "clean" and it ends up installing that fake Microsoft antivurus program and the only way to get rid of them is to pay some sort of extortion fee? sounds like its a false reading... and as for the browser running wonky looks like the OP clicked on it when he shouldn't have....but I thought those only work on pc's not the playbook....
    09-25-13 01:40 PM
    I got a java popup yesterday for the first. I don't recall what site I was on or exactly what the message said but I believe I clicked cancel. It then directed me to mackeeper antivirus. No ill effects as far as I can tell.
    bbaker1 likes this.
    09-25-13 01:58 PM
    Thanks for your help its to bad the company isn't run as well as crackberry is.
    09-26-13 06:39 AM