After being driven half mad, and nearly flinging my PlayBook across the roomfrom trying to watch a 30 minute show on the appalling ITV Player website(I think I managed 2.5(EDIT- That's two and a half!!) minutes of the show and about 6 sets of adverts...), I have found a solution that works for me. Just watched two programs in a row without a single hiccup, freeze or repeated set of adverts and the actual playback is a lot less jerky. Nearly as good as BBC iPlayer.
    I used the STV website. Much better website, I don't understand how it can work so much better, but it does. Or more to the point, how the ITV one can be so much worse!

It takes a tiny bit of work. You have to make sure the PlayBook browser is set to not give your location, and then when you try to play a video, the website will ask you for a postcode. Just find any postcode from north of the border(Google maps and the Post Office postcode finder are helpfull here) and you're good to go. Happy viewing
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 04-30-13 at 04:25 PM.
    tinker2000 likes this.
    04-30-13 04:02 PM
    After being driven half mad, and nearly flinging my PlayBook across the roomfrom trying to watch a 30 minute show on the appalling ITV Player website(I think I managed 2.5 minutes of the show and about 6 sets of adverts...), I have found a solution that works for me. Just watched two programs in a row without a single hiccup, freeze or repeated set of adverts...
    I used the STV website. Much better website, I don't understand how it can work so much better, but it does. Or more to the point, how the ITV one can be so much worse!

It takes a tiny bit of work. You have to make sure the PlayBook browser is set to not give your location, and then when you try to play a video, the website will ask you for a postcode. Just find any postcode from north of the border(Google maps and the Post Office postcode finder are helpfull here) and you're good to go. Happy viewing
    Thanks for the advice. Well I now know where you get the red eyes from. Watching too much tv!

(noises of me quietly walking away muttering sorry for that cat)
    ChrisMay likes this.
    04-30-13 04:16 PM
    Ok I'm being lazy here but how do you set your browser to not give up your location…?
    09-02-13 04:19 PM
    Ok I'm being lazy here but how do you set your browser to not give up your location…?

…Forget that, I was never here….I didn't ask that….!! (runs and hides in shame after having found it….)
    09-02-13 04:23 PM