Don't be silly. You make it sound like developers are going out of their way to avoid giving you the app that you crave. In my experience, if there is a way to build what you need and there is a reasonable expectation that money can be made, then the app will arrive like magic. If either of these conditions is not met, then your requests will be in vain.
    Brother I'm being silly? I praised you. I shared publicly, my daughter took the science fair with your app. She was the only one in her school at the time with a PB. I'm sure a few has been bought since then. We've deffend the PB elbow to elbow.
    I'm being silly? Show me a request I've made. Show me a complaint I've made about apps or price of an app. Can you pull out just 1? No you can't. I was the 1st on a very short list that spoke out and said no on the poll for free trials. Not because I'm against it but I didn't think you should be expected or made to. I have supported yall that has previded for us and acknowledge who when I could.
    I try all day to help others if it means subjecting ,my device to the problem or researching for a few hours. I'm not a saint. As I've said many times this is my hobby. Its my way of giving back what the forefathers gave me here at CB.
    Yall know the guys I'm talking about. Yall been in the threads complaining and talking junk.
    App_developer you what I meant about saying no thank you. That's respectively turning down a job until your standards is meet. I've read devs say something couldn't be done and dang it a member here did it. Other members came in and helped after he done the task crudely. That was a good feeling seeing our members jumping in and working together.
    Guys thank you for commenting in this thread. Not that the members doednt already know, but recomfirms who hasn't sold em out. Who is welling to drive down a dirt road. We know the PB is worth it.
    05-10-12 09:47 PM
    Brother I'm being silly? I praised you. I shared publicly, my daughter took the science fair with your app. She was the only one in her school at the time with a PB. I'm sure a few has been bought since then. We've deffend the PB elbow to elbow.
    I'm being silly? Show me a request I've made. Show me a complaint I've made about apps or price of an app. Can you pull out just 1? No you can't. I was the 1st on a very short list that spoke out and said no on the poll for free trials. Not because I'm against it but I didn't think you should be expected or made to. I have supported yall that has previded for us and acknowledge who when I could.
    I try all day to help others if it means subjecting ,my device to the problem or researching for a few hours. I'm not a saint. As I've said many times this is my hobby. Its my way of giving back what the forefathers gave me here at CB.
    Yall know the guys I'm talking about. Yall been in the threads complaining and talking junk.
    App_developer you what I meant about saying no thank you. That's respectively turning down a job until your standards is meet. I've read devs say something couldn't be done and dang it a member here did it. Other members came in and helped after he done the task crudely. That was a good feeling seeing our members jumping in and working together.
    Guys thank you for commenting in this thread. Not that the members doednt already know, but recomfirms who hasn't sold em out. Who is welling to drive down a dirt road. We know the PB is worth it.
    I think that you are being unfair to App_developer. I agree with his perspective and understand his point of view. You praised me and I thank you but from a professional perspective, I made a technical blunder by jumping aboard PB express a year ago. I wrote my app on the wrong platform without access to critical hardware. I assumed that the magnetometer would be available "soon" for my Air app. Well it's still not available for my Air app and several Johnny-come-lately developers have leapfrogged my efforts and have started out using the NDK. I have re-posted what App-developer said and I would really like you to re-consider your response to him. He is a professional developer and he is thinking like one. He needs to make a living and he is being smart about it. There is nothing wrong with that!

"There are several of us working on apps for BB10 and Playbook, but not all of the infrastructure is there yet. For example, I'm waiting on geofencing for one app. I was waiting on Cascades for two others. I'm still waiting on push notifications. We've been told by RIm to expect unified smooth device orientation, but thats still not in the beta. These all take time."
    05-10-12 10:13 PM
    I think that you are being unfair to App_developer. I agree with his perspective and understand his point of view. You praised me and I thank you but from a professional perspective, I made a technical blunder by jumping aboard PB express a year ago. I wrote my app on the wrong platform without access to critical hardware. I assumed that the magnetometer would be available "soon" for my Air app. Well it's still not available for my Air app and several Johnny-come-lately developers have leapfrogged my efforts and have started out using the NDK. I have re-posted what App-developer said and I would really like you to re-consider your response to him. He is a professional developer and he is thinking like one. He needs to make a living and he is being smart about it. There is nothing wrong with that!

"There are several of us working on apps for BB10 and Playbook, but not all of the infrastructure is there yet. For example, I'm waiting on geofencing for one app. I was waiting on Cascades for two others. I'm still waiting on push notifications. We've been told by RIm to expect unified smooth device orientation, but thats still not in the beta. These all take time."
    Brother I have much respect for the people that develope anything be it ios, mac, windows, linux whatever. I wasnt being unfair to app developer. I used his example. The example he wanted to use to make his point. Which is in summary that somebody wanted a load hauled but doesnt have a road. Thats the thing. Here the load hauled is apps built. The road would be the tools. The road is there. Bumpy? You bet. Potholes= missing APIs?
    Sure. But a road is there none the less. Granted some loads are going to have to wait they cant be moved yet or have to be broken down in smaller loads. The potholes and the narrow crossing or steephills just wont allow it. Most people can handle that.
    I cant say it any clearer. I told app respect "His" discussion" not going down the road. Wait until the road suits him. No one has to bash the platform. Tell the end users the cant or want have apps etc etc. That is my whole point. I can work with this example all day and night. Im just a farmer. I make my living in the mud going down the dirt, gravel, and busted paved roads.
    This wasnt directed at app_developer. I went with his example.
    05-10-12 11:22 PM
    HP ePrint. It rocks.
    05-10-12 11:33 PM
    As mentioned in another thread, it doesn't just have to be Bluetooth...wi-fi, network, etc; whatever it takes to skip the proxy.
    This statement I dont really understand. Are you saying you dont have a pc where you'll have the printer? Next question is do you already have the printer?
    I cant prove this right now because all my machines are vista and epson still hasnt released a driver for my r220. That said vista does try to print.
    Aight what I'm talking about is opening your PB in windows over wifi. Open your document and then ctrl P. What happens for me vista tries to print but it cant cause i dont have a driver.
    Do you already have a bluetooth printer? Ive never been around one. I have an idea if you have one and a bridge able BB. 1st try and see if the BB will pair and send files to printer. If it will bridge your PB make your document. Save it or transfer it your blackberry then send to printer. I know this sounds like a lot of work really it isnt. I just sent a video to my laptop from my PB via my BB.
    I dunno what is needed to be able to ftp via bluetooth. The BB does it well. When you connect to your pc it tells ya what all services the connected device has available for this connection. When you connect your blackberry to the pc you have a lot of services. Modem, ftp, etc etc. The PB on the other hand only has sync. And it wont do that. Ive tried and tried. I dunno why its different to transfer a file thru bridge and over bluetooth to a pc. Whatever it is the PB doesnt have the ability with current os.
    On one hand you would think its controlled at an application level. Being that you can add a bluetooth usb radio to a pc that doesnt have an internal radio and install the software and you have full functional bluetooth. Then again it was what sp2 on vista that added a lot of bluray and bluetooth drivers?
    Then you have the possibilty that Rim locked out bluetooth ftp on purpose.
    05-11-12 12:23 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD