another problem with the browser is the apparent inability to load a page in the background. I like to load a page and browse a different tab that has been "pre loaded" so i don't have to wait around unproductively but the browser doesn't seem to allow this. Whenever I go to a tab, i get a white screen and watch the blue status indicator shuffling across the screen under the title.

I cannot remember going to a tab that I have had loading in the background to find it loaded.
    I think that the problem/issue is that when using the Back Arrow (return to prior link) or going to a tab, the darn Browser generally refreshes the page rather than showing a static of what had either been on the prior page or just opening the tabbed page as it was when first used. The refresh is very obvious on Crackberry where the threads keep getting changed by new entries rather fast. When using the BACK arrow, you try returning to "what had been" but rather, the page refreshes, shuffling the order of threads.

The returning to tabs is noticeable when you open a video on some sites, move to another tab and then return - rather than the video continuing, most sites, start the video again. Not all the time - must depend on the coding of the site.
    06-24-11 04:20 PM
    2.what?
    and again,if the url bar is hidden and i pull up the bookmarks,i touch and move and move,without any effect,once i release the finger,i can use it like i want to,but what purpose does that fake touch have,it isnt necessary when the url bar isnt hidden,can you explain that to me.
    4.i never said something concerning the UI ,i think the UI itself is really great,but the screen no so much,in terms of reaction and precision
    2. OK, I think I understand you now. I don't really thinks it's an issue as it has never bothered me. Works fine, imo.

4. i pick off the little "go to last post" button on Crackberry 99% of the time for instance. Sometimes, however, placing the cursor can be tricky. When it is I either just place it ahead of what of what I want to edit, back space a couple of times and retype or pinch out the page and put it where I want. Generally though I've gained enough facility that I am pretty accurate with my placements now.
    06-24-11 04:38 PM
    Really? Another thread dedicated to complaining about the PlayBook?
    06-25-11 07:32 PM
    the thread was dead anyways.so please dont bother.
    Didnt find any corresponding thread,and i didnt wanna complain,though it sounded much like it
    06-25-11 07:37 PM
    the thread was dead anyways.so please dont bother.
    Didnt find any corresponding thread,and i didnt wanna complain,though it sounded much like it
    If people are offended by a thread, they shouldn't bother to post in it or read it. The back button was made for a reason lol.
    06-25-11 07:44 PM
    One thing -- avoid handling the bezel a lot while scrolling in the browser. I have found that since the bezel is touch enabled some times I have my finger on it and it causes issues in the browser due to the fact that I am interacting with two touch points at once.
    takeo likes this.
    06-26-11 11:04 AM
    i got my playbook today and after a few hours i have found some things that are really annoying.
    I knew there were some flaws and quirks but i didnt expect some things to be like they are.
    I wont mention the obvoius flaws,just the ones i didnt read about but wanna know what you think about it.

Lets start
    1.what i noticed the first what suprised me was the huge amount of checkerboarding while surfing.it really is a lot and often.
    2.after you hit the yellow stars to see your bookmarks the first touch after that isnt gonna be recognized at all,you have to touch a 2nd time
    3.the playbook is by far slower at browsing than i expected.
    What i mean ,i also have a archos 70 and a htc desire.
    At i hoped the playbook to be at least a lil bit faster than the desire.
    But testing some sites loading the desire was almost everytime the first to go.
    the archos of course is slower but not a much as i thought,i dont mean the smoothness just the time it takes to load and render a site.
    4.the 4th thing is something i quite dont get.
    the screen sometimes has problems keeping track of my thumb while scrolling,it almost seams i have to rouch the screen harder or with another speed.For example,if i make a 5cm swipe sometimes the screens scrolls half the page and the sometimes just a few lines,but at same speeds
    5.sometimes one page is smooth and fine 5 minutes later the sites seems to work very heavy like walking through a swamp.

OK enough with the critic,i know this all sounds very negative but like mention before it is just annying,sure the pb has its pros but the cons are more obvious and annoying then on other os tablets.
    I will do some extended testing and see if i change my mind about some things mentioned above
    It sounds like the PlayBook is not the device for you. Perhaps you should return it and try a different tablet.
    06-26-11 01:50 PM
    sounds like that in my post,but in fact its not true.
    My points were all made after 1 day using it,2 days later i have learned to get by some quirks and because most of its problems are based on the software,i have high hopes this young OS will eventually develop into a great thing with bigger possibilities.I am willing to give it a try evolving because i see the potential in it clearly.
    I think for me there is not really another tablet that would suite better for me.
    I have seen the ipad,just dont like it overall,nothing particular,and i wanted something smaller like 9.7"
    Spealing about android,i have a archos 70,which is gonna be sold the nect couple of days,so i had a better look on android.
    Problem is android 2.2/2.3 is a bit outdated/not optimzed for tablets and honeycomb just didnt show what i whas hoping for.
    I thought it would be a whole new tablet experince compared to gingerbread,but instead its just a "3D"launcher and a couple of barely optimized apps and dont see the real revolution in it,its more a lil slow evolution.
    Maybe ice cream will change that but who knows and i doubt it.
    Another things,because of the fact android is so customizable and has lots off apps i noticed over the time i was more busy of customizing and testing new(not really astounding)apps than actually using it.
    he pb in the other hand,i just used permanently for the last 3 days.
    Thats why i choose the Playbook,it was something new and fresh,the hardware absolutely superb,despite the power button.
    Also it has a great browser,by far the best flash implementation,usefull bezel gestures.
    So when the biggest bugs are gone and rim rim delievers us the missing but needed core funcionalities plus some other things the playbook will be superior to its competitors at least in my point of view
    06-26-11 02:15 PM
    i got my playbook today and after a few hours i have found some things that are really annoying.
    I knew there were some flaws and quirks but i didnt expect some things to be like they are.
    I wont mention the obvoius flaws,just the ones i didnt read about but wanna know what you think about it.

Lets start
    1.what i noticed the first what suprised me was the huge amount of checkerboarding while surfing.it really is a lot and often.
    2.after you hit the yellow stars to see your bookmarks the first touch after that isnt gonna be recognized at all,you have to touch a 2nd time
    3.the playbook is by far slower at browsing than i expected.
    What i mean ,i also have a archos 70 and a htc desire.
    At i hoped the playbook to be at least a lil bit faster than the desire.
    But testing some sites loading the desire was almost everytime the first to go.
    the archos of course is slower but not a much as i thought,i dont mean the smoothness just the time it takes to load and render a site.
    4.the 4th thing is something i quite dont get.
    the screen sometimes has problems keeping track of my thumb while scrolling,it almost seams i have to rouch the screen harder or with another speed.For example,if i make a 5cm swipe sometimes the screens scrolls half the page and the sometimes just a few lines,but at same speeds
    5.sometimes one page is smooth and fine 5 minutes later the sites seems to work very heavy like walking through a swamp.

OK enough with the critic,i know this all sounds very negative but like mention before it is just annying,sure the pb has its pros but the cons are more obvious and annoying then on other os tablets.
    I will do some extended testing and see if i change my mind about some things mentioned above
    I have a desire and find when its using wifi its significantly faster than my desire also using wifi. This is my first tablet and havent found any quirks like the above - i love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 03:35 PM
    with javascript diabled its faster than the desire,java enabled not so much.
    But i have a very fast gingerbread custom rom on my desire so i am not sure how a stock desire would compare
    06-26-11 03:39 PM
    i still want one
    06-26-11 03:44 PM
    good for you,no one forbids you to buy one,its great
    06-26-11 03:50 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD