So I conducted a google search on my PB this morning, and it took me eight taps on the link to get the browser to finally redirect!! Usually it's four or five, but I had to tap EIGHT times!!! Incredible. Funny that the browser crashed soon after.

RIM Can release a 4G playbook and not even fix basic browser functionality.

Good grief. Must be in the spirit of the Olympics to have me crashing records, and Playbooks.
    macberry33, sagec and look_alive like this.
    07-26-12 02:01 AM
    Sorry that you're having problems. While never having had your specific problem, if something like that happened to me I'd first look to my router or internet connection. Your troubles seem more consistent with your connection rather than your device.

Just my thoughts ... Although you don't really ask for assistance do you? You just wanted to unload on CB.

That's okay but that sort of post generally points to something other than genuine forum participation and an effort to solve issues. Be aware that such a post will often paint you in the most negative light.
    Last edited by hpjrt; 07-26-12 at 11:31 AM.
    nico2004 likes this.
    07-26-12 06:18 AM
    OP maybe you need to touch differently. Longer, shorter, tap, tap hold. Zoom in on the link etc. I don't have that issue.
    07-26-12 06:40 AM
    Have you got a screen protector on the PB which is possibly impacting recognition of your gestures?
    07-26-12 07:30 AM
    We have 4 playbooks in my house. All of them exhibit this issue.

It's the lame AIR browser chrome. Closing the browser and reopening it fixes the issue for another 5 minutes.
    look_alive likes this.
    07-26-12 08:49 AM
    Look guys, all this guy does is come on here to dog the PB. Remember about 10 days ago, he started a thread entitled "I'm tired of defending this tablet" which set off a firestorm. And how exactly, had he been "defending" the PB? Well, the threads that he had started previously were entitled (1) "Sorry PB web browser is a POS", (2) "ALL playbook native apps are dirt. BB10 better be a complete refresh" , (3) "Is there something wrong with my camera? WTF!?", (4) "....email basics" (he complains about the email app), (5) ""...it just works"...something PB is lacking", and (6) "OS2 Browser bugs/UX Issues...needs to be tightened". Two other threads that he started were more neutral in tone. Anyhow, let's not take the bait this time.
    07-26-12 08:53 AM
    OP your full of crap. Nice try though.

Sincerely, person who doesn't give a flying hoot about your nonexistent problems.
    hpjrt likes this.
    07-26-12 11:11 AM
    Sometimes I have to tap a link a 2nd time but generally find out it was me missing the mark. Can't imagine having nothing better to do than come in here and flame on about the pb all the time. If it makes you that unhappy, move on to something else. I would.
    07-26-12 01:09 PM
    I usually just tap and hold on a link and the resulting pop up offers me the choice of copy etc but also open link or open link in new tab. I use this feature because I usually like to open links in new tabs
    07-26-12 02:32 PM
    I do experiance Pressing a link 2-3 times but 8 is just a lie from a silly isheep
    07-26-12 02:40 PM
    I already have in my mind how you tap, it's not a pretty sight. Probably forcefully all over the place in a blind fit of epic rage.
    07-26-12 02:54 PM
    i think he presses on his ipod next to the playbook waiting for the playbook to do something

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry app
    07-26-12 03:01 PM
    Mine does that too, I'll click a link and the blue progress bar will flash to about half way and then disappear. While I wait nothing happens. It only seems to work when the loading bar moves slowly. I have not found a fix for this and it is quite annoying.

While the OP may be just whining about the problem rather than looking for a solution, you can't tell him that he is making stuff up. If you don't like what someone has posted, or can't help him with his problem just ignore it and let it fall in the the bowels of the forums never to be seen again.
    sagec likes this.
    07-26-12 08:49 PM
    Mine does that too, I'll click a link and the blue progress bar will flash to about half way and then disappear. While I wait nothing happens. It only seems to work when the loading bar moves slowly. I have not found a fix for this and it is quite annoying.

While the OP may be just whining about the problem rather than looking for a solution, you can't tell him that he is making stuff up. If you don't like what someone has posted, or can't help him with his problem just ignore it and let it fall in the the bowels of the forums never to be seen again.
    This is precisely what I see. I'm anxious for BB10. It's been confirmed by Michael Clewley that the browser shell/ui/chrome will not be Air based - but native :-)
    07-26-12 09:00 PM
    Lately I'll be in a program, like the browser, and everything else I have open will crash. I go to swype left or right and they are no longer there. They need to release 2.1 soon...
    07-26-12 09:48 PM
    So I conducted a google search on my PB this morning, and it took me eight taps on the link to get the browser to finally redirect!! Usually it's four or five, but I had to tap EIGHT times!!! Incredible. Funny that the browser crashed soon after.

RIM Can release a 4G playbook and not even fix basic browser functionality.

Good grief. Must be in the spirit of the Olympics to have me crashing records, and Playbooks.
    Please, find a hobby. I'd be happy to start a thread for suggestions for you (maybe bumblipeg). You need to find something else to fill your time besides complaining about your playbook.

Let me know if you need me to explain bumblipeg.
    07-26-12 09:51 PM
    The update released today has fixed this issue for me.
    08-02-12 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD