Issue with Playbook OS 188.8.131.524
After updating my PlayBook to OS 184.108.40.2064, I have been encountering some serious issues.
1. My WiFi only works for a few minutes then shuts of. The icon show as though you are connected but when I go to settings, it does not detect the WiFi Network.
2. When I try to start some of my apps, it just shows the splash screen for a few seconds and quits.
These are the main issues I having and would like to have it resolved ASAP if possible.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-02-13, 10:13 AM #2
- 2,270 Posts
I've got .1314 on my PB and not the slightest issue. My wifi is rock-solid and all my apps works fine.
From your description, it sounds like you will need to do a full backup and then use the debrick method to re-install the OS from scratch. Best to use the BB Desktop Software to do this as it manages the whole backup process for you. Once the backup is complete (could take an hour or more depending on how much data you have on the PB such as music, photos, videos, other files etc.), turn the PB off using the power button (press and hold for about 10-15 seconds.) Wait a minute or so to ensure it is completely finished the power-down process. Then while the PB is still connected to your laptop or desktop via usb, turn it on with a quick press to the power button. As it is rebooting, it will trigger DS to offer you the OS re-install option. Let that run and my hunch is your issues will go away. If after this, the issues persist, it must be a hardware failure in which case call RIM and see if a warranty replacement is available.
Last edited by PatrickMJS; 01-02-13 at 10:19 AM. Reason: To fix typos and to clarify
- 01-02-13, 01:07 PM #3
Your update may be corrupt. My PlayBook acted funny after the update but it seems like the OS has settled and it's been great. I would reboot here and there and see if it doesn't work itself out. If not there is always backup, wipe, restore. Good luck.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-03-13, 09:13 AM #4
- 156 Posts
Clear your settings and 3-finger reboot 3 or 4 times, then reconnect, as your first step. If that fails or your data is not that important, do as suggested earlier.
- 01-04-13, 01:36 PM #7
Are the specific apps that don't work --- because it is trying (and failing) to connect to your wifi network. If that is the problem, then troubleshooting your wifi problem will fix your app problems.
Unplug your wifi router, and turn it back on.
Then you can use the method in this thread that I posted to isolate your wifi problems.
Music Gateway 2 slows PlayBook down terribly...
- 01-04-13, 01:55 PM #9
If it's just specific third-party apps not opening, maybe uninstall/reinstall just those ones?
Is it possible the permissions for those apps were reset during the upgrade?
Are you having trouble opening BlackBerry software like Messages, Browser, etc., or is it just third-party apps?
- 01-05-13, 02:36 PM #13
- By Saucz in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 28Last Post: 01-24-09, 06:34 PM
- By Saucz in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-23-09, 10:19 PM
- By ozzy1 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 11Last Post: 12-23-08, 09:14 AM
- By nanddm98 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 10-31-08, 05:50 PM
- By the ants in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-08, 02:06 PM