Hi,

2 weeks ago, I was using my playbook with the hotmail App and while surfing the net, the app freezed and the tablet turned off. I was unfortunately not able to restart the tablet....nothing happens when I press the power button.

When I try to charge the unit, I can see a ''red led sequence'' : 1 red - pause - followed by 4 red....and the sequence restarts again and again.

I tried the stack charge trick for more than 1 hour, tried to connect it to pc but nothing happened....tried to call bbry support and after 45 minutes with them on the phone, they asked me to send back the tablet for repair. According to the tech, the repair will be made at no cost even if the tablet is 1 year and 2 months old (will be under warranty).

Please can you let me know if you had similar issue with your tablet? What did you do? If you were me, would you send the tablet to RIM for repair? Can I trust them? Any risk to be charged $$$?

Thanx,
    04-08-13 05:27 PM
    My playbook stopped charging a few months ago and Blackberry support sent me a box to use to return the unit. I returned it and they sent me a new Playbook. All my data was gone, so I restored my last backup and it was good to go. I had no issues and the turn around time was pretty good. They didn't charge me anything.
    04-08-13 06:43 PM
    I've sent my playbook twice back to rim and they fix it perfectly. Customer support is great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    04-08-13 08:45 PM
    From "door to door to door" (that is from me to them to me) took about 5 days. PNW to Tennessee and back
    04-08-13 09:52 PM
    Playbook brought back to life solution.... I had my daughter's playbook die on us back around Christmas, she ran it down below 10% watching a video in the car. For several months, I thought it was a goner, I tried all the stack charge, on off on off business with a couple of different chargers we had at home. I put the playbook on a shelf. Then I got a Haier rapid charger (dailysteals for 10$) which has 2000 mAh not 1000. Plugged it in overnight and completely brought it back to life. It's the only charger I use for it now, it's fast too. Love it!! Do a google search for these chargers, they are great. They have a red and black braided fabric coated cord. Very distinctive.
    04-08-13 10:24 PM
    I've sent my playbook back twice. Great service both times.
    04-08-13 10:26 PM
    I have to echo the positive service comments. I bought my 64gb Playbook on April 19, 2011 - a date the die hard Playbook fans will remember as release date. Just before Christmas 2012, long after the RIM warranty expired my HDMI port stopped working. After some hemming and hawing I decided to try to take advantage of the one year warranty extension offered by my credit card company and made a claim with them. They said they would reimburse the repair cost. I sent my Playbook from Manitoba Canada to the repair depot in Tennessee using the Fedex box RIM sent me. Five days later a Fedex box arrives with a brand new, never used, 64gb Playbook. There is no bill or explanation.

I immediately went on the RIM website and plugged the serial number in for the extended warranty and it was accepted. Thanks RIM. Your after sales service is awesome, even 22 months later. I couldn't be happier and now my “new” Playbook has a little brother - the Z10. I am loyal to Blackberry.
    04-09-13 09:55 PM
    Hi,

2 weeks ago, I was using my playbook with the hotmail App and while surfing the net, the app freezed and the tablet turned off. I was unfortunately not able to restart the tablet....nothing happens when I press the power button.

When I try to charge the unit, I can see a ''red led sequence'' : 1 red - pause - followed by 4 red....and the sequence restarts again and again.

I tried the stack charge trick for more than 1 hour, tried to connect it to pc but nothing happened....tried to call bbry support and after 45 minutes with them on the phone, they asked me to send back the tablet for repair. According to the tech, the repair will be made at no cost even if the tablet is 1 year and 2 months old (will be under warranty).

Please can you let me know if you had similar issue with your tablet? What did you do? If you were me, would you send the tablet to RIM for repair? Can I trust them? Any risk to be charged $$$?

Thanx,
    Best customer service bar none! Send away!
    04-09-13 10:21 PM
    Count me in. I had the same issue with mine. It'd power up only to the point of the pretty little LED coming on, and that was it. I started looking for a replacement on ebay because I figured it'd be less expensive and easier to deal with than customer support, but I rethought my aversion to CS and called it in. After only about 30-40 minutes with a CSA, my address had been given and an empty box was on it's way to me. Within a week, I was registering a brand new PlayBook. Total expense from me? $0.00.
    04-09-13 11:40 PM
    I've sent my playbook back twice. Great service both times.
    People can complain about Os10 not coming fast enough for the playbook....or this update...or that update....But No one can complain about BlackBerry's Service.....It would seem that playbooks long past their warranty still receive service.....

How can you beat that???
    04-10-13 07:44 AM
    bb is awesome.

playbook is awesome.
    04-10-13 07:53 AM