If you have this app, does it work for you on your PlayBook? It works great on my iPhone and my daughter's iPad, but for whatever reason, it's fubar. Not only that, you can't even delete the app...when you delete, it initially shows up in your my world deleted apps, but once you close out the App World tab, lo' and behold, the icon remains, with a notification to update to the latest version. It just does not want to go away.
    03-18-12 01:05 PM
    Have you PRESSED/HELD and tapped the trashcan after using appworld to delete? Restarted

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    03-18-12 01:17 PM
    Tried all of the above. Even deleted three apps that I do want, just to see what happens, and they uninstalled fine with the icons disappearing. Then I just re-installed them. The translator does not want to delete...when you do, all it does is reverts back to the earlier build, icon remains, and App World alerts you to an update available for the translator. I have never seen anything quite like this before.
    03-18-12 01:56 PM
    Contact their support@xxxx

Severe: Debrick - or just push it off to another panel and hope something turns up.
    03-18-12 03:26 PM
    Is this a native app or a android app.
    If it's a android app you have to uninstall in the android player settings,manage applications
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-18-12 03:34 PM
    Tried all of the above. Even deleted three apps that I do want, just to see what happens, and they uninstalled fine with the icons disappearing. Then I just re-installed them. The translator does not want to delete...when you do, all it does is reverts back to the earlier build, icon remains, and App World alerts you to an update available for the translator. I have never seen anything quite like this before.
    Are you sure you tried deleting iSpeech by trashing its icon on the icon pane?
    I too experienced frustration trying to delete it using App World, but then got rid of it via the pane.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-18-12 04:38 PM
    Is this a native app or a android app.
    If it's a android app you have to uninstall in the android player settings,manage applications
    Yes it is Android....it was initially a native app, and for whatever reasons, wound up android. Anyway, I noticed there were two icons now, and one of them was for the obama (ughh) ispeech, so I deleted again, went back to the home screen, and deleted the 2 icons. All sayonara bye bye now.

P.S. Thanks bald and new.
    03-18-12 04:43 PM
    Funny how I got the same exact issue this morning and was about to make a thread.

iSpeech translator for the life of me just does not want to delete off my Playbook. Everytime I uninstall it, it uninstalls and then when I refresh the install list, it comes back. I was getting so angry at why this application keeps installing itself over again.

Good to see this thread. I will give an update, if I figure it out.
    03-18-12 04:46 PM
    Funny how I got the same exact issue this morning and was about to make a thread.

iSpeech translator for the life of me just does not want to delete off my Playbook. Everytime I uninstall it, it uninstalls and then when I refresh the install list, it comes back. I was getting so angry at why this application keeps installing itself over again.

Good to see this thread. I will give an update, if I figure it out.
    Do what I did....delete app from app world, then delete icons on home screen. Refresh or restart if you wish, and gone.
    03-18-12 04:50 PM
    Which reminds me, how do you get to the android player settings to manage applications?
    03-18-12 04:52 PM
    Which reminds me, how do you get to the android player settings to manage applications?
    I was going to ask the same thing. (wonder if it is in the new OS2 manual?)
    03-18-12 05:00 PM
    I was going to ask the same thing. (wonder if it is in the new OS2 manual?)
    Nope, I just checked.
    03-18-12 05:05 PM
    Do what I did....delete app from app world, then delete icons on home screen. Refresh or restart if you wish, and gone.
    Thanks. I finally got it to work. This is what I did:

1 - Upgrade the 'iSpeech translator' from 1.5 to 1.7 version (to make the notification go away).

2 - Restart Playbook

3 - Go to AppWorld and uninstall 'iSpeech translator'

4 - Restart Playbook again and it is gone.
    03-18-12 05:05 PM
    I get to it because I sideloaded a android launcher.
    03-18-12 05:08 PM
    Ahhhhhh no thanks; me thinks the OEM android player has phacked up enough already, so no need for me to permanently brick it with sloppy seconds.
    03-18-12 05:14 PM
    Which Launcher? Got a link?

And, so, we have an Android Player (even Al got suckered into an android app!) but there is not native way to get to its settings? I know I occasionally get that screen with say, 4 or 5, icons enlarged on it and I'm not even sure how I got that. Sometimes it just appears, sometimes I think that I swiped it up and other times it must be conjuring or meditation!
    03-18-12 05:26 PM
    OK, funny... I had deleted it because I didn't like how half-functional it was. I just re-downloaded it and I have the native version (1.1.5).

I also have an update (now why did I get 1.1.5 when 1.1.7 is already available is beyond me).

Al. Which do you have?

And, so, we have an Android Player (even Al got suckered into an android app!) but there is not native way to get to its settings? I know I occasionally get that screen with say, 4 or 5, icons enlarged on it and I'm not even sure how I got that. Sometimes it just appears, sometimes I think that I swiped it up and other times it must be conjuring or meditation!
    That comes up when:

- the Player loads but fails to boot the app along;

- you "close" the android app but not the player (i.e. the "back key" on the switcher bar)

Last edited by diegonei; 03-18-12 at 05:38 PM.
    03-18-12 05:29 PM
    OK, funny... I had deleted it because I didn't like how half-functional it was. I just re-downloaded it and I have the native version (1.1.5).

I also have an update (now why did I get 1.1.5 when 1.1.7 is already available is beyond me).

Al. Which do you have?
    The "native" app is 1.1.5. If you have that installed, you will get an update notification to that app, only it doesn't update that app, it ADDS a second app which is the Obama iSpeech app, and now you have 2 iSpeech icons on your home screen, but you will only see one app (the updated version) showing up in your approach world. This is one screwey android app.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 03-18-12 at 05:38 PM.
    03-18-12 05:36 PM

Here's a link for zeam launcher post#9

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...her-pb-706875/
    diegonei likes this.
    03-18-12 05:40 PM
    The "native" app is 1.1.5. If you have that installed, you will get an update notification to that app, only it doesn't update that app, it ADDS a second app which is the Obama iSpeech app, and now you have 2 iSpeech icons on your home screen, but you will only see one app (the updated version) showing up in your approach world. This is one screwey android app.
    My point is, I didn't have it installed for months. Now, because of your thread, I download it to see what's going on and I got the native version installed and the update notification.

All at the same time. Why not simple give me the newest version is the funny thing.

So, I guess you have 1.1.7.

Here's a link for zeam launcher post#9

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...her-pb-706875/
    That one didn't want to go portrait... I use this, just for kicks when people ask "what android does it has?".
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-18-12 at 05:49 PM.
    03-18-12 05:41 PM
    My point is, I didn't have it installed for months. Now, because of your thread, I download it to see what's going on and I got the native version installed and the update notification.

All at the same time. Why not simple give me the newest version is the funny thing.

So, I guess you have 1.1.7.
    My point is that I had 1.1.7, but I also had 2 icons; tap one and you get 1.7, the Obama version. Tap the other icon, and the original 1.5 app initiates. So, when you update, you don't lose the original app, you get a 2nd app, yet if you go to your installed apps screen, you only see the 1.1.7 installed.
    03-18-12 05:53 PM
    Who's on First, slowly I turn, step by step..... (It's an Abbott and Costello routine containing rampant confusion!)
    03-18-12 06:44 PM
    There are actually two apps available in App World... iSpeech Translator and iSpeech Obama (well, three... iSpeech Bush is there too). I never bothered with the latter...

Since you said you have two icons, I think you ended up getting them both from App World. I'll give the update to 1.1.7 a try and report back.

EDIT: As I feared, 1.1.70 ended up being the Android version.

Guess my fears about the Android player were not so paranoid after all, eh guys? Why develop if we can just port?

PS: That Obama up there is just an add for their other app.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-18-12 at 07:10 PM.
    03-18-12 06:49 PM
    There are actually two apps available in App World... iSpeech Translator and iSpeech Obama (well, three... iSpeech Bush is there too). I never bothered with the latter...

Since you said you have two icons, I think you ended up getting them both from App World. I'll give the update to 1.1.7 a try and report back.

EDIT: As I feared, 1.1.70 ended up being the Android version.

Click to view quoted image

Guess my fears about the Android player were not so paranoid after all, eh guys? Why develop if we can just port?

PS: That Obama up there is just an add for their other app.
    Yep same issue here, I always had the app but I never used it till this thread a few days ago. Deleted the app and moved on (oh was in wrong)
    I'm going to try the tips here but wanted to share this mess it made, not only do I now have two versions installed but the Android version forces me to us pb on its side.
    03-19-12 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD