I discovered Slicktasks app from Mindberry.net for BB phones sometime back and it is the best organizer scheduler I have ever seen - virtually unlimited subtasks, allows easy hierarchical tasking, easy to rearrange the list, complete control over colors/font styles..I am completely satisfied - it has handled all of my to dos, thoughts, plans, schedule etc. I have abandoned all other native BB stuff with this and is the primary reason I will not leave blackberry anytime soon. i am very surprised/disappointed that they have not supported Playbook yet. it is my primary app on my BOLD.

If you would love to see this controllable from Playbook please send them an email saying so. [email protected]

Thank you!

Or let me know if there is a better solution, but I doubt it.
    06-11-11 03:05 PM
    Here's a link to the thread for just such a request:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/bl...oposal-614511/
    Angelo_Campher likes this.
    06-11-11 03:47 PM
    i use BHive tasks on my bold. It is my MAIN application to support my work. The task application that comes with PB does not deliver the basic functionality for task management such as priorization, categories etc. I expect that some time into the future a good task application such as BHive or similar will be released for PB.
    06-11-11 04:03 PM
    Check out Conqu ( I hope I spelled right) very good task app & they update pretty often

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 06:43 PM
    I use Pocket Informant. Love it, but so far they are not showing much (any?) interest in the playbook. Yes, I asked. PI on Playbook would really make a slick combination.
    06-11-11 06:49 PM
    i have tried Conqu and a couple of other task apps on PB. The problem for me is they do not sync into the native PB task database. This is key for me, since I have my Bold synced with my notebook using Outlook. In this way I have the tasks in sync, either by using my notebook or my Bold.
    I have used PI for quite a while, but it has its own database that has to sync into the BB task database, then to sync into Outlook. This was making my Bold very slugish. So I uninstalled it and went to BHive.

In a nutshell, my main issue today is having a task app that keeps my PB, Bold and notebook tasks in sync.
    06-11-11 07:10 PM
    No , bento, PI syncs directly with Outlook, which is exactly what I do. PI has a little app that you install which adds sync with Outlook right into the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I do not use the BB native calendar at all.
    bento_lira likes this.
    06-11-11 07:18 PM
    i have tried Conqu and a couple of other task apps on PB. The problem for me is they do not sync into the native PB task database. This is key for me, since I have my Bold synced with my notebook using Outlook. In this way I have the tasks in sync, either by using my notebook or my Bold.
    I have used PI for quite a while, but it has its own database that has to sync into the BB task database, then to sync into Outlook. This was making my Bold very slugish. So I uninstalled it and went to BHive.

In a nutshell, my main issue today is having a task app that keeps my PB, Bold and notebook tasks in sync.
    If you got slicktasks you would no longer care about the native PB task database, trust me, because it has soo much more capability - especially virtually unlimited subtasks and sub-subtasks.. actually there isn't a native PB task database yet so I imagine you mean the phone database?

A cursory look at Conqu told me it doesn't compare - Bhive I have yet to evaluate. Thanks for the comments.
    bento_lira likes this.
    06-12-11 03:01 AM
    Thanks all of you for the information.
    Since my Bold syncs with Outlook using the BB infraestructure ( that is when any update is done either in tasks, contacts or calendar the Bolda and the Note are in sync ) I did not use this functionality in PI. I had to set PI to sync with the local phone task,contact, calendar which in turn was in sync with my Notebook.
    I will check out Slicktasks.
    All task apps I have tested on PB do not communicate with the PB tasks, hence my Bold tasks are out of sync . As a consequence my Note tasks are out of sync too.
    I dont know if I am overcomplicating, but to overcome this I figure I need a PB task app that would sync with with my PB tasks, that in turn would sync with the Bold tasks using the Bridge, which in turn would sync with my Note.
    Is there any other way to do this ?
    06-12-11 09:45 AM
    Thanks all of you for the information.
    Since my Bold syncs with Outlook using the BB infraestructure ( that is when any update is done either in tasks, contacts or calendar the Bolda and the Note are in sync ) I did not use this functionality in PI. I had to set PI to sync with the local phone task,contact, calendar which in turn was in sync with my Notebook.
    I will check out Slicktasks.
    All task apps I have tested on PB do not communicate with the PB tasks, hence my Bold tasks are out of sync . As a consequence my Note tasks are out of sync too.
    I dont know if I am overcomplicating, but to overcome this I figure I need a PB task app that would sync with with my PB tasks, that in turn would sync with the Bold tasks using the Bridge, which in turn would sync with my Note.
    Well I hate to sound like Slicktasks fanboy but I am (and no I don't work for Mindberry) . I abandoned Outlook long ago because of the POP email thing and required syncing issues, because the database sticks with the host computer, that is not always with you - so I started keeping my calendar and tasks on my phone using Slicktasks. . Most POP service providers also give you web based email client so you can manage your email from ANY computer anywhere, no syncing to Outlook required.

Slicktasks does it all and does it better (other than email, but again this should be web based anyway). To avoid syncing issues - I am hoping that if Mindberry.net does come out with a Playbook app - the database will remain on the phone to be edited and viewed on Playbook to avoid syncing problems- that seems to be the bridge philosophy - keep it all on the phone for security reasons - the Playbook is more likely to be lost broken or stolen than the phone is.

I say keep it all on the phone and there is no need to sync, only a need to backup the single database - on the device you are most likely to carry around with you at all times.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-12-11 at 02:04 PM.
    06-12-11 01:54 PM
    This is a little confusing, or maybe you are confused, because the Bridge app accesses tasks on the Bold and edits them directly, so you don't need to sync with "PB tasks" - there really is no such thing.

The solution I suggest - is use the Bridge App to edit the phone tasks from your PB, and ditch the notebook.
    06-12-11 02:00 PM
    blackjack;
    Thanks for the reply.
    You are quite right.
    The PB accesses the tasks on my 9700 through the Bridge.
    What I need is a presentation on the PB that permits me to edit the tasks taking into account - category and priority. Today I can not sort taks based on priority and there is no category in the PB presentation.
    06-19-11 04:27 PM
    So it looks like the rumours of Slicktasks no longer having developer support is true. Been emailing for 2 weeks to get a registration code and getting no replies. Going to have to find an alternative now.
    02-01-12 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD