So I have a Bold 9930 and a Playbook. I love them but I'm open to whatever is best out there. So, just being objective, it seems the new iPhone is faster and the iPad has more content (although it is decidedly spec inferior to the Playbook).

Here are a few questions that I need answered and maybe you know the answer. If you just want to rant for or against one or the other please don't post anything here. I just want facts.

Are the following assumptions still true:
    1. Does BB still have better e-mail and messaging? If so why?
    2. Does BB still have better security? If so, can you point to a breach on iPhone-article?
    3. Does the physical keyboard have better shortcuts and is still more customizable? speed dial, multiple signature blocks, etc.
    4. Will NFC be a game changer that is usable and really add value?
    5. Is the BB PB combo still more powerful and cheaper than the iPhone iPad combo?
    6. Is there anything else that is materially better about the BlackBerry than the iPhone?

I realize that the iPhone is vastly superior on content but honestly I don't watch movies on my phone and all the apps I want are on my BlackBerry already. Further, with upgrades coming I don't believe the advantage is materially useful to me. So, although the multi-media advantage is real, it is not material to me because I can listen to audiobooks, read books, and watch movies on my BB already.

Lastly, is there something beyond this list that I should consider?

I'm open to change but not just for the sake of change. I did have an older iPhone and never downloaded a movie to it but did not care for the e-mail at all. Thanks for useful input.
    10-15-11 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD