was at a cafe having coffee and everyone around me was carrying iphone 4 or iphone 3 or ipad 1 or ipad 2 or iphone and ipad together, all flipping tapping... I was the only one using blackberry and playbook..glad there is one less person carrying iphone/ipad on planet earth. the sight of apple everywhere had me feel full of praise for the power of apple, and at the same time felt sick seeing iphone/ipad everywhere..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pikap704 likes this.
    06-11-11 09:09 PM
    I used to like Apple when they were niche and different. Times have changed.
    vistate1 likes this.
    06-11-11 09:20 PM
    I always see the phones. But I don't think it's because people don't have other phones now. I think it's because they just love to have them out. I have noticed that a lot of people are anti social now when out with their family or friends and usually seem to have an iPhone. I know there are anti social people that use other brands but it seems that there are lots of anti social people using Apple. Just my observations so far.

I like to have my bb out but know when to put it away. And soon I'll have my pb out and about to play with! Rumored to come out on the 20th here.

06-11-11 09:31 PM
    I was on a 5 hour flight today and the couple next to be both pulled out iPod Touches as soon as they were allowed. I pulled out my PB and a discussion ensued. Lots of questions and I made no effort to contain my enthusiasm. As we made our descent they put the iPods away and as soon as we touched down they pulled out their phones. One had a Bold and the other a Curve. Had to laugh.
    duckduke likes this.
    06-11-11 10:23 PM
    I was on a 5 hour flight today and the couple next to be both pulled out iPod Touches as soon as they were allowed. I pulled out my PB and a discussion ensued. Lots of questions and I made no effort to contain my enthusiasm. As we made our descent they put the iPods away and as soon as we touched down they pulled out their phones. One had a Bold and the other a Curve. Had to laugh.
    Way to funny iPod is great for apps and games! BB is definitely king when it comes to doing business - no doubt!

I have never been a big app or game guy but I have found some fun and interesting games recently on App World;

- Xtrem Snowboard
    - Assembler
    - MeteorStorm
    - Doodle Blast
    - Power Pong
    - Rigid Digital Level
    - Ruler
    - Protect The Cheese
    - Conqu - A great to do app!!!

The PlayBook is a great business tool with the added benefit of some fun games and apps.

RIM keep up the good work! I look forward to your next update!
    06-11-11 10:44 PM
    Perhaps they should have called the playbook..... iBerry. lol..
    06-11-11 11:16 PM
    I used to like Apple when they were niche and different. Times have changed.
    Good point... While i've never really liked Apple, i did think they were cooler when they were a niche market. I think the elitism that comes with owning an Apple product is what turns me off the most. I don't think the PB has that stigma... though it might help the RIM marketing if it did.
    06-11-11 11:47 PM
    Apple's Marketing team is very amazing in terms of their accomplishments and how they've made Apple the #1 tech company in the world through their commercials, in-store product display, product hype, ect...I truely have to give it to them for what they've done with the company compared to where they were a decade ago (and hopefully RIM's time will come and soon ).

On the other hand, what makes me hate Apple is their ignorant fanboys. So annoying and makes me not want to take any advice from them for any product I plan to buy simply because all I will get is a bias response. Thankfully most Blackberry fanboys here aren't like that and from my previous experience when I come here (CB) for advice on buying a product in the near future, they'd always give an honest opinion and advice . I love Apple products (yes I do but I also love RIM's product as well which is why I own a Torch and PB) but their fans are what makes the company hated kinda like the Miami Heat and their fans (Sorry Heat fans, had to pick on you guys for this one because that's how I feel about most of the Heat fans :P). Anyways, all in all, Apple is a great company, love their products, love their Marketing team, but hate their fans, thier Laptop pricing, oh yeah and I hope Steve Jobs becomes more honest when it comes to issues with his products xD.

Last edited by luqman24; 06-12-11 at 12:09 AM.
    06-12-11 12:03 AM
    In no way shape or form do I find myself "elite" because I own Apple products (iPod, iPhone and MacBook Pro). I think you guys are referring to the fanboys. The same can be said about a lot of BB users, or any other platform for that matter. I'm also not anti-social. Life is great.
    06-12-11 12:07 AM
    IPAD is the #1 tablet in my opinion
    06-12-11 12:09 AM
    IPAD is the #1 tablet in my opinion
    I'm glad you think that. But you are soon to get smited by the troll ban hammer. This is the second post like this I have read in the past 2 threads I have been in.

I think you were looking for www.tipb.com

06-12-11 12:32 AM
    Yeah apple is like the Corolla
    06-12-11 12:42 AM
    I really have not seen many tablets at all. I spotted one iPad at my college. One of my classmates has a rooted Nook. That was it for tablets so far at school. Most of the students have laptops.

A few students have iPod Touches. Phones tend to be a mixture of iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. The same guy with the Nook carries a work-issued BlackBerry Curve and a personal HTC Evo. Yes, he has all three devices with him at the same time.

The folks at the coffeehouses I frequent also have laptops, not tablets.
    06-12-11 12:53 AM
    for me, 10" tablet is way too large to carry, but if you use @ home, 10" is really great
    06-12-11 02:19 AM
    for me, 10" tablet is way too large to carry, but if you use @ home, 10" is really great
    Agree 100%, one of the really nice features of the current pb is it's small size.
    06-12-11 02:26 AM
    I really have not seen many tablets at all. I spotted one iPad at my college. One of my classmates has a rooted Nook. That was it for tablets so far at school. Most of the students have laptops.

A few students have iPod Touches. Phones tend to be a mixture of iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. The same guy with the Nook carries a work-issued BlackBerry Curve and a personal HTC Evo. Yes, he has all three devices with him at the same time.

The folks at the coffeehouses I frequent also have laptops, not tablets.
    if you are in Shanghai, come visit SHanghai, you will see how iphone and ipad dominate

06-12-11 02:49 AM
    I only know a couple people with iPads, but I've never seen them bring them outside of their homes. I, on the other hand, bring my PlayBook to work, school or anywhere I might have some time to use it. Today I got my oil changed, so I had to wait 20 minutes. Brought out my PlayBook, fired up the Bridge Browser, and read the news. The lady next to me had an Evo/ThunderBolt/Sensation/Droid whatever (all Androids look the same to me..), and she was playing some games. But I was BBMing my friends, surfing the web, just doing regular BlackBerry stuff, but on a much larger scale.

The PlayBook has something that you can't buy: the feeling of NOT feeling like a d0uchebag for pulling out a tablet in public. I'm pretty sure it's the size, and ultra lowkey look of the device in general, but it's almost like reading a paperback book or something. The iPads are fun, nice whatever, I've played with them in Best Buy a lot, but there's just no way that I'd ever feel comfortable just pulling out that big silver thing that just begs for attention.
    jajano and IndubitablyMe like this.
    06-12-11 03:50 AM
    True that. 7" is like the 15" of laptops. Perfect balance between performance and portability. You're at home? sure, hook up the HDMI cable.
    06-12-11 06:43 AM
    i just bought a ipad 2 its a good thing i kept the reciept. i found it hard to look at and live with after 1 day. i played with a few of the free apps and stuff and found the whole os to get on my nerves to the point that looking at it gave me a headache. i dont see the big draw to it other then jobs has a really good marketing army. walking around with my playbook i get oooo's and ahhhhhh from girls and guys alike. believe it or not the people with the biggest interest in the pb in the wild are..... iphone and ipad users.
    the ipad screen hurts my eyes and brought a migrain back that had gone away before. i don't like having to use the home button or having to plug the thing into my laptop to register it. i spent almost 2 hrs fighting with itunes to let me sign in and most of the time the password i used on itunes still was hit and miss when it would work. those camea's make me sad on it. so i dont understand the draw to ios.

mac well thats different story. i love macs they are to sexy, but ios products heh nooo to the return line i go..... in a few hours, damn bb empoyees are lazy
    06-12-11 06:53 AM
    It really is media and marketing, heck if they all started tell us that **** is the most wanted and delicious food you can buy and it's cool and everyone has to have it or you're not then a lot of people will believe that is after it being pounded into your head by all media day after day after day. Doesn't matter what the product is.

I did say a lot not all.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-12-11 at 07:08 AM. Reason: lol p o o p got blocked
    06-12-11 07:07 AM
    The PlayBook is a great business tool with the added benefit of some fun games and apps.
    Educate me on this point. What makes BB a better business tool over iOS devices. Our corporate IT policy does not allow BB access to email. But they allow iOS. I'm not saying BB isn't a better tool but I see this stated a lot and I don't know why.

Thanks
    06-12-11 07:30 AM
    i seriously think RIM should act to release Playbook in China asap. RIM just announced they will release PB in 16 more countries over the next 30 days but alas no China. China is a country where first mover advantage is critical as people have cash and are curious to buy new things. Apple did a fantastic job by setting up Apple stores in China and you will be amazed what people here will do to lay their hand in Iphone and Ipad. There was a report a student sold one of his kidneys in order go get cash to buy an Ipad 2. A sad news but it underlies the success of Apple. I was using Playbook at the cafe and one Ipad user came to me and asked me what I was playing with. I told him it is a Blackberry Playbook. He was super impressed and he said it looks beautiful and where he could buy it..Common RIM, where are you in China, where is Chinese input for Playbook...don't miss this important tanker to salvage your lost US market..we want Chinese input..now..

06-12-11 07:40 AM
    Everyone has their own opinions. Playbook was starting to seem small to me over time. In the few days I have had the iPad 2 I have hardly put it down. It has been pretty top notch.
    06-12-11 07:42 AM
    i seriously think RIM should act to release Playbook in China asap. RIM just announced they will release PB in 16 more countries over the next 30 days but alas no China. China is a country where first mover advantage is critical as people have cash and are curious to buy new things. Apple did a fantastic job by setting up Apple stores in China and you will be amazed what people here will do to lay their hand in Iphone and Ipad. There was a report a student sold one of his kidneys in order go get cash to buy an Ipad 2. A sad news but it underlies the success of Apple. I was using Playbook at the cafe and one Ipad user came to me and asked me what I was playing with. I told him it is a Blackberry Playbook. He was super impressed and he said it looks beautiful and where he could buy it..Common RIM, where are you in China, where is Chinese input for Playbook...don't miss this important tanker to salvage your lost US market..we want Chinese input..now..

in all seriousness i think rim should put the breaks on the releases and instead fix some of the issues people are crying about and get the native sdk out. as well as get some big names on, if its released as is the world press may shun it more then the suit monkeys here in america did. since all of the world is run by the commercial industry telling you what to by and this forum has proved that to many times, they should get the ball rolling more with whats out before they try to get more market exposure.
    people are fickle and generally mindless when it comes to buying things. example everyone ran out and bought and ipad when it first released because steve jobs marketing gange told them to. but i remember them having as many if not more problems then the playbook did. like lack of working compatible apps between the tablet and the phone was very high. some of the things wouldn't work at all, but still peoplenwent gaga over it because they told you to. i can say for a fact that america atleast is a bunch of mindless sheep, but jobs replaced the shepherd (gates) very easly because the original ipod mesmerized everyone. rim has been known for way to long for being old and stuffy, the playbook is the opposite of that. but with the developers having their eyes to fixated on the other platforms it will be long before we see anything really good. even with that said i wont give up my playbook as fast as i want to dump my phone.
    06-12-11 08:25 AM
    I saw a few people carrying them around my kids football combine sitting in shade glued to the screen. Guess they couldn't disconnect long enough to take an interest and just watch their kids try out for an hour.
    06-12-11 08:32 AM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD